I Get a Little Bit Genghis Khan

Baby, Let's Cruise

There's no prompt for this one; it just came to me. I imagined it being mostly funny and overly sweet. It actually turned out kind of serious, but still super sweet. The title is from a Miike Snow that I highly recommend everyone listen to because it's such a jam. The whole album is great actually. It took me a while to finish this because I got distracted by this new myungyeol story I just started. I'm planning on making it kinda long so it'll be a while before I finish it, but I'm really excited to write it. I'll stop talking so you can read the story now. Enjoy~

 

 


 

 

"Has anyone ever told you what a terrible poker face you have?"

Myungsoo nearly drops the tray he's currently balancing on one arm at Jiae's statement. He's in the middle of setting the table for the next scene in the station's latest primetime drama. A drama that is also starring his boyfriend as a chef this time around. ("What can't you do," Myungsoo had asked when Sungyeol told him the news. "You've had as many jobs as Barbie.") Trying, and probably failing, to hide his surprise, Myungsoo looks over at his co-worker. "What," is his intelligent response.

Jiae rolls her eyes. If they were back in the office she'd probably smack the back of his head. There are too many witnesses here. "Don't play dumb. You've been glaring at Bora for the past five minutes."

"No, I haven't," Myungsoo denies. He glances over at where Sungyeol and Bora are chatting while being dabbed with tissues. They've been shooting outside since noon and the weather hasn't let up in the slightest. The sun's beating down from the cloudless sky, practically melting everyone and everything.

The two actors share a laugh at something Sungyeol says. Bora slaps Sungyeol's arm, making him grin. Myungsoo doesn't realize his grip on the tray has become a vice until Jiae has to wrestle it from him. Thankfully it's empty.

"You're doing it right now," Jiae says, her tone bordering on reproachful. "You're jealous."

Myungsoo would deny it if it wasn't so obvious. He is jealous. And he hates it; he hates feeling so territorial, like Sungyeol is a pet or some object that only he can have. He's never been the possessive type. He'd made that clear to Sungyeol after the actor had tried to keep him from watching his first movie. Sungyeol had thought Myungsoo would be upset by his one bed scene (not much happened in it, but that hadn't eased the worrying) or even by the numerous kiss scenes. But Myungsoo had assured him that there was no need to worry. At the time, it had been true; Myungsoo wasn't jealous of anything Sungyeol did on camera. He knows it's just acting and it's not real. "And I know you're really thinking of me," he'd said when Sungyeol gave him a doubtful look. The cheesy line had been enough to convince the older man.

But this is different. The sight of Bora and Sungyeol together, seeing the way Sungyeol smiles at her, it makes Myungsoo’s skin itch and makes him see red (or green in this case) like nothing else. Even if he tells himself that he’s imagining things, he can’t help the way he feels.

Jiae seems to sense his sudden drop in mood as she offers to finish resetting the table by herself. Myungsoo accepts silently, his mind still torturing him with thoughts of Bora tip-toing up to whisper in Sungyeol’s ear. He avoids Sungyeol’s eyes when he passes him on his way off the set. He’s sure his boyfriend will notice something’s off; Myungsoo isn’t very good at hiding his feelings from him. Thankfully for him, there's only about half an hour left of filming and after that Sungyeol gets whisked away to an interview to promote the drama. Although Myungsoo hates to admit it, he's a bit of a coward so not having to face Sungyeol right away is a blessing for him. Once he arrives back at the station with Jiae he distracts himself from the inevitable for a couple hours. Eventually Jiae forces him to clock out with an explicit order to go home and talk to Sungyeol. Myungsoo would tell her not to stick her nose where it doesn't belong if he didn't already know she was right. (That and he's sure she would smack him for even implying she should mind her own business. Which is why he secretly prefers working with Sujeong—she's equally as nosy, but not nearly as violent.)

He drags his feet on the way back to his and Sungyeol's shared apartment. If only to give himself time to figure out how to broach the subject with his boyfriend. He hesitates at the front door, his finger hovering over the keypad as he considers his options. He could turn around now and hole up somewhere for a few hours until he's sure Sungyeol's fallen asleep and then sneak in and avoid this conversation for a little while. Or he could punch in the security code, go inside, find Sungyeol wherever he is and sit him down to talk no matter how unappealing it sounds. It takes another minute before Myungsoo makes up his mind.

The light is on in the living room when Myungsoo steps inside. He toes off his shoes before moving further into the apartment. Sungyeol's sitting on the couch, the remote in hand with his eyes closed and his head leaning to one side. His mouth hangs open slightly and even with the TV on Myungsoo can still hear the quiet snoring coming from his boyfriend. The sight only makes Myungsoo wonder why he'd been jealous in the first place. There's no need to worry about Sungyeol's affection wavering. Not when he gets to come home to this. (It’s rather petty of him, but the thought that he’s the only one who gets to see Sungyeol like this—not Bora or anyone else, just him—makes him incredibly happy. Like he’s won some sort of competition.)

Sungyeol stirs when Myungsoo sits down next to him. He lets his head rest on Myungsoo's shoulder as he wraps his arms around him, oddly affectionate in his sleepy state. "What took you so long," he asks through a yawn.

"You didn’t have to wait for me." Myungsoo’s fairly sure the other man won’t notice the obvious change in subject. He runs his hand up the back of Sungyeol’s shirt to distract him just in case. And judging by the pleased sigh Sungyeol lets out against his neck, it must be working.

"I wanted to." He picks his head up enough to press a quick kiss to Myungsoo's jaw. "I wanted to see you."

Myungsoo can feel a blush creeping up his cheeks. No matter how often he tells himself he should roll his eyes or gag whenever Sungyeol says such cheesy things, his reaction is still the same. He's still so easily flustered by his boyfriend. "Did you miss me that much," he manages coolly.

Sungyeol nods, his grin wide enough to show off his gums, before he leans in to connect their lips. Their mouths move together unhurried and in sync, like they’re getting reacquainted with each other. There’s no rush to move things along. And the way Sungyeol kisses him makes Myungsoo wonder again why he’d been so jealous. He doesn’t doubt that Sungyeol loves him (and only him); he hadn’t doubted it for a second. But having his boyfriend looking at him with so much adoration and unbridled happiness is all the reassurance he needs.