7th chapter

Cheeky Pride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the dinner ended, the three of them went outside to bid farewell to each other. Minhee bowed to Mrs. Seo, and said, “Aunty, thank you for the dinner.”

“No, I owe you." Mrs. Seo laughed, "Where are you going after this, Minhee?”

“I’ll just go home.” Minhee answered while she pointed to the station she was going. It wasn't that far from the restaurant, maybe 10 minutes of walking?

“Minghao and I need to go meet his father near here, do you want to come?” 

It had been a long time since she saw her uncle, but her sister, would be waiting for her in the house. “I’m sorry, but I need to go home, I’m really sorry, aunty.”

“It’s okay, anyway, say hi to your parents.” Mrs. Seo asked. She didn't knew that both of her parents were working outside the town, and that they didn't live in the house.

“Sure, I’ll tell them that.” 

Minhee bowed once more, then Minghao and his mother walked to their own direction, with Minghao walking backward to wave at her. Minhee watched him and realized he was secretly freezing, his hand was rather stiff, and he wasn't wearing his scarf and gloves.

She shouted, “Minghao!”

Minghao frowned, and skipped toward her, while his mother was just stood where she was, looking at her son. Minhee took off her scarf, and put it on Minghao. “You must be cold, now go!”

He just let her put the scarf around her neck, he turned to her, realizing that it was the one she was wearing. “Then what will you wear?”

“I have one more scarf in my bag.” She answered, of course lying. Like, who brings a scarf on their bag if they already wore one, right? She always thought him as a fragile little brother, and she didn't want him to get a cold or something worse.

“Thank you, Minhee! See you in school tomorrow!” Minghao shouted as he skipped backwards, then followed her mom walking.

After watching both of them left, Minhee went to the station and took the train to her neighborhood. Then she walked to her home, it was quiet freezing, it was in the middle of winter. She looked at the sky, the dark clouds in the dark sky looked rather thick. Suddenly, it rained snow. Minhee hurriedly opened her bag to find her umbrella. Before she went outside, she checked on the weather forecast, and it told that it might rain, so she packed an umbrella. She kept looking for an umbrella on her bag, but she couldn’t find it. She tried to remember it, she remembered putting an umbrella in her bag, but..

God damn it, I changed my bag in the last minute and forgot to move the umbrella, Minhee cursed herself, she looked to the sky again, she lift her hand to cover her head from snow and continued to walk, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter