Broken heart

I'mperfect life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes happiness is not all what we want. We wonder why even if we get everything we aren’t happy maybe it’s because we give importance to what we lost. After confessing to taemin, naeun was at peace but also was not as she kept recollecting kai’s confession. She was in the waiting room busy with her phone while others were getting ready for their performance. She shook her head trying to concentrate on what she was doing. She was sad that taemin didn’t call her after that day or even tried to meet her and when she called he didn’t answer. It’s been more than a month. She was kind of ready for this kind of life but still it was worrying her. She wondered “Is he that busy that he can’t even text me??” she thought.

They were called for the performance. She was forced to perform energetically and plastered a smile. Well that's what her job was. After the performance ended, naeun checked her phone and her eyes shined when she saw a missed call from taemin.  She called him back, eagerly waiting to hear his voice but she froze upon hearing kai’s voice instead “Hey” he said from the other side. She maintained her cool “Hii….ummm….where is oppa?” she asked. He felt depressed “So won’t talk to anyone apart from him huh?” he asked. She was taken aback “No…it’s…” she replied but he interrupted “He just went to take a bath as he returned from a tour just now. He told me to pass on the message to you”. She gave a short reply “Hmm” depressed that he didn’t even speak to her. Kai said “He said he wants to meet you at SM building tomorrow”. Naeun was surprised “But why there?” she thought but replied “Okay”. Both were silent but neither ended the call. Kai asked breaking the silence “How are you?”. Naeun gulped “F..Fine” she replied. He asked “Naeu…” but before he could complete “I…i have to go now…bye” she said and ended the call. Kai leaned back on the chair and thought “So it is still awkward between us. I promised i won’t care right? Then why i am still hanging in the same spot”. He sighed and shook his head. Naeun sighed after the ending the call “He must have felt bad but it’s…..Why can’t i??.....i decided i won't look back…….” she thought. She was disturbed when the manager called her saying they should leave.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

 

Next day, Naeun got out of her room after getting ready. Eunji observed her and asked “Are you going somewhere?”. “Yeah, to meet taemin oppa” she replied. Chorong who was relaxing on the couch asked her out of blue “Naeun, are you really happy?”. Naeun averted her eyes afraid as their piercing eyes would see through her soul “Y..yes…I am…..I am sorry i am running late…bye” she said and rushed outside. Eunji just shrugged her shoulders glancing at chorong. Naeun met the manager while she was downstairs and he offered her a ride. She agreed thinking it may be safe this way.

Thankfully they reached the decided time at the SM building. She got in the building before anyone can spot her. She was invited in “He is in his practice room. I am sorry i can’t accompany you” a lady said. Naeun said “No…Thank you so much. I will find it on my own” she stated. She walked around after the lady left “It is so awkward. Why do i have to come here? Thankfully there aren’t many people here today. I guess it is a day off?” she thought pouting. Her eyes shined when she found the direction of the room the lady earlier mentioned. She took her steps faster as she was feeling really awkward watching people glancing at her. She reached the room however after greeting few people. She decided to knock the door but realized it was already half open. She saw a couple hugging each other through the space “Am i in the wrong room?” she thought but her heart almost stopped when she saw taemin facing her. Her eyes welled up when she saw them kissing. She could hear her heart breaking into million pieces. She couldn’t see who that girl was but it doesn’t matter as what she saw was beyond her expectation. She took her steps back placing her hand on suppressing her cry.

She couldn’t walk as her legs went numb. She leaned on the wall nearby facing it and crying “Why?....Taemin oppa….How can he do that??” she thought. She shook her head thinking she misunderstood him. She did the same with kai so she doesn’t want to do that again. She wanted to talk to him about that. She quickly wiped her tears and turned around only to find taemin in front of her. He gulped “Naeun….you are here….i mean you could have called me i would pick you up”. He smiled and wanted to place his hand on her cheek but she moved back. She wanted answers first “O..Oppa….who is that girl?” she asked. Taemin played innocent “Who??” he asked. She was surprised watching him pretending. She felt as if he was a completely different person. She asked him tearing up “I saw you in the room. It was a lie right?...i mean you are playing a prank aren’t you?” she asked with a slight hope it was all false.

Taemin sighed placing his hand on his head. He chuckled later “So you saw huh? …..Fine….i accept it was true….She is my girlfriend” he answered. He continued watching her shocked expression “What?? Why are you so shocked? he asked. “Then who am i?” she questioned tearing up. He didn’t answer her. She felt stabbed “There is nothing between us?” she asked again. She was perplexed watching him smile. She wiped her tears “So it was all a lie huh?” she asked broken. He chuckled “Of course, I wanted to make you fall in love with me. You were the first girl who didn’t fall for me. I was pissed but now i feel good” he said stretching his hands.  

She looked at him puzzled and quickly wiped her tears when someone interrupted “Oh naeun you are here that too with taemin….Hmm?? So is something really is going on huh?” he asked. Taemin chuckled “No….There is nothing between us” he denied. Naeun felt stabbed once again and it didn’t hurt her as she was hurt enough “Yeah….as taemin op…sunbaenim said…..nothing” she said controlling her tears. The man excused himself and left. “So there is nothing between us now….oh….silly me….there was nothing to begin with…..Thank you for opening my eyes sunbaenim…Thank you for making a fool out… of …me” she said and took her steps back. She ran away hurriedly. She didn't understand why but she recollected kai at that time thinking what he might have felt that day. She fell on the ground in a lonely corridor and cried her heart out "I am sorry.....i am sorry jongin" she mumbled her apology. Was this pain of rejection was much greater than the pain she is suffering in her heart for kai?? She doesn’t understand herself.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………………………............................................................................

 

Naeun barged in the dorm and rushed straight into her room. She locked her door, fell in the bed and wailed. Hayoung knocked the door “Naeun unni open the door” s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter