Unrequited

I'mperfect life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is purest emotions of all in the world. It brings happiness in one's life, the feeling of being together with the loved ones is always strong no matter where you are, no matter what you do. Kai was feeling the same. He was recollecting naeun in everything, every moment and in every situation. Exo was rehearsing in their training room. Kai was dancing passionately when naeun appeared beside him. He stopped and was dumbfounded looking at her. His lips turned up watching her smiling at him. He leaned closer, placed his hand on her cheek caressing it gently with his thumb. He leaned closer watching her blush. He closed his eyes ready to plant his lips on hers. They were only inches away when someone shouted “Stop!!”. His opened his eyes confused only to watch the frightened Kyungsoo in front of his eyes. He realized his face was so close to his and jerked back “What the hell are you doing with me?” he asked frowning.

Kyungsoo’s jaw dropped “You…you idiot you are asking me…I should be the one who should be frowning... what’s with you??....Ahh….one more second and ewww…gross” he said wiping his lips continuously. He could see s eyes popping out. Chanyeol broke the silence “We didn’t know jongin was interested in Kyungsoo?” he made a blunt statement. Kai scowled “I am not!!” he declared. Xiumin patted his shoulder “We understand, we will keep it a secret” he said comforting him. Kai sighed in disbelief “Are you kidding me? I said i am not interested in him”. He was irritated even thinking about it. God he is straight, how can they think like that. He shouted frustrated as he saw s piercing eyes mostly kyungsoo’s big eyes glaring him “I said I am not interested in him as I am interested in someone else” he blurted out. Sehun hit his head expecting that would happen.

The members grinned. Kai bit his lip realizing what he did “What did i do?” he blamed himself for acting without thinking. He could see s glaring. Kyungsoo opened his mouth relieved “Who is he?” he spoke slowly. Kai was irritated to death. He was going to beat him but was stopped by s. Suho cleared his throat “Jongin?? Who is she?” he asked straight to the point. Kai brushed ’s hands which gripped him tightly. He sighed knowing they will not leave him alone until he says the truth “N..naeun!!” he said. s jaw dropped “Apink naeun?? That goddess??” baekhyun asked curiously. Kai scoffed “Duh?? Who else?” he said shaking his head but in reality he was extremely nervous.

All hugged him and congratulated. Kai was confused, he expected them to be angry and stop him from these things but it was complete opposite of what he imagined. They lifted him up and twirled him around. Lay said “So our jongin is in love huh?” .Kai blushed after they put him down. The members with her name. Chen asked “When are you going to confess?”. Kai could see the fear in ’s eyes though they were happy they know what consequences they have to face if they are caught. “Is it okay if i confess?” he asked them in return. There was no answer. Suho spoke “To be honest, we don’t know ourselves what is right and what is wrong but we know whatever you decide it is for good. We will support you no matter what your decision is”.

Chanyeol shook his head and placed his hand on kai’s head “Buddy relax…this hyung is going round about…. love is all about timing when you miss this timing you lose. It is better to grab it before it goes out of your reach” he explained. Kai could see them all smiling at him “Go for it!!” they said together. He nodded smiling widely. Sehun clapped his hands gathering their attention “Let’s concentrate on work” he ordered. Baekhyun smacked his head “You maknae…You knew about it didn’t you?” he asked. Sehun was caught red handed. He laughed sheepishly and agreed. The members grinned and revealed that they knew too they just pretended so that he can tell the truth. Kai was dumbfounded “Seriously?” he asked. Kyungsoo laughed “Of course, what did you think we didn’t notice your secret glances and whispers…you are not so smart let me tell you”. Kai pouted “Fine, i lost....let’s practice” he said diverting the topic. He definitely didn’t want to drag it any longer.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….............................................................................

 

Once again kai and naeun went to school on the same day. They were fortunate that they could at least see each other this way. Naeun’s smile never faded on thinking about meeting kai. She took a seat in her class when a certain guy of her class sat beside her. He smiled and greeted her “Hii”. Naeun smiled back and bowed as she knows he is her classmate. The guy started the conversation “I always wanted to talk to you. I am lucky that i got to sit beside you”. She gave him a smile “Thank you” she gave a short reply. He asked interested “Would you like to hang out after school?”. She shook her head “I have a schedule” she replied. The guy smiled at her honesty. He asked after taking a deep breath “Umm…Naeun…I want to talk to you in private…can you come out?” he asked. She gulped thinking what he wants to talk alone. She was puzzled thinking how she should reject him “umm…I am sorry…I have to go to the library” she said and rushed outside. Naeun was thankful that the guy wasn’t following her but she was startled when the same guy tapped her shoulder “I am sorry…I just wanted to tell you that….i love you”. She widened her eyes and clasped her hands “I am sorry” she bowed and rushed.

The guy kept pestering her like a stalker asking her why did she reject him. She was troubled and hid behind a wall. Kai was passing by when he saw naeun. He tapped her shoulder from behind and she gasped. She felt relieved watching kai in front of her. He could see her forehead covered in sweat, he asked concerned “What’s wrong?”. She shook her head “Nothing…just tired” she lied. Kai was still suspicious. He saw a guy running towards him. He asked “Kai..did you see naeun?”. Naeun tightly shut her eyes. The guy wasn’t able to see her. Kai saw her expression and leaned closer covering her “I didn’t see her” he said. Naeun opened her eyes and stared at him. The guy left. Naeun was touched “Thank you” she said. “Aren’t we friends?…I will protect... you whenever you are in trouble” he said.

Naeun thought to herself “How did he find out I am in trouble? Without me saying anything how did he find out? Why do you always surprise me with your actions?”. Kai waved his hand in front of her face “Naeun??”. She snapped “Yeah..i…thank you so much. Are you done with your classes?” sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter