Move on

I'mperfect life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are unlimited ends for a man’s wishes. One satisfies people go for another. Similarly, for the wishes which are not fulfilled we tend to lean on it no matter how much time passes by. We wish upon the same thing again and again especially if it is regarding love. We tend to believe every legend, every faith just so that our wish comes true. Naeun wished the same upon every shooting star to guide her way, to be precise the right way. Her confused thoughts and indecisive mind asked for a help to an unknown belief. She spotted a shooting star and wished “Please give me the one i love”. She thought about the past “I guess some wishes can’t be fulfilled even if wished upon a shooting star” she muttered looking at the bright sky.

She reached her drawer and took the phone strap kai gave her “Thank you for being my love. I was happy it was you…….i need to move forward now…..for my future…….Good bye” she said. She decided to lock it forever but stopped thinking she wants to cherish these feelings, not lock them. They are a part of her life which can’t be erased. She decided to answer taemin. The show ended but taemin couldn’t forget her. After the show taemin contacted her saying that he wanted her in his life. He asked her out, asked about her feelings for him. She decided to let go of her past and move on. She decided it is best for her as she realized taemin loves her sincerely and maybe she does too.

After a few days, it was her birthday. Taemin called her over phone to wish her. Her members nudged her saying she got a call from him. Naeun’s heart was won over by taemin now. She was past her unrequited love now. Yes, she let go of the past and move forward though she didn’t convey her feelings to taemin yet. She took the call “Hello? Oppa?”. He chuckled from the other side “Happy birthday naeun” he wished. She smiled “Thank you”. He asked curiously “Was i the first person to wish you?”. She shook her head “Did you forget i live with my members? There is no way they will leave me alone” she said while he chuckled “That’s right”. He breathed in and asked “Naeun, will you go on a date with me?”. She was surprised “Date?” she asked. She can hear he was nervous too “Yeah, since it is your birthday. Also, I want your answer now” he explained. She felt nervous “okay” she agreed as she knows she can’t run away from her problems instead should face them. Taemin became happy “Okay, I will pick you up tomorrow” he said and ended the call saying he needs to go. Naeun thought holding her phone “Why am i nervous? I like him too…I have to tell him. I know the pain of a one sided love so i will not let him suffer. I am really blessed to have him who loves me so much”.

Meanwhile, kai was in his training room practicing with s. He thought to himself “It is her birthday today. Shall I call her? Will it be okay?”. He was disturbed when got a call from taemin. He quickly took the call “Hey” he said. Taemin jumped excitedly “I am so happy. I have some important news to tell”. Kai chuckled “Shoot” he said and he shot his words without any break “She agreed to go on a date. She said she will tell me her feelings tomorrow. I hope she says she loves me too dude. I can’t wait for tomorrow”. Kai froze on hearing his words. He knows very well who he is talking about. He teared up and bit his lip. Taemin asked taking a deep breath “What do you think? What will she say yes or no?”. Kai wiped his moist eyes. He laughed “Who can say no to taemin?.....Hey…taemin” he said. He asked “Yeah”. Kai said holding his tears “I am jealous of you….you know sometimes i wish I was you”. He could not hold it anymore while taemin wondered “What?” he asked. Kai ended the call quickly saying he has to go. He rushed to the bathroom and cried. He washed his face and came back. He pretended as if he was fine but the members knew he was not but they couldn’t do anything except for not increasing his pain by asking him.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………….......................................................................

 

The next day evening, naeun and her members were running here and there to help her get ready for the date. One was searching for a dress, other for shoes, one for makeup brush and other for a matching lipstick. At last they succeeded in getting her ready. Hayoung asked “When is he coming?” enquiring about the time. Naeun glanced at her watch “He should be here. Actually I am relieved he is late. I am so nervous”. Others encouraged her telling everything will be fine.

The door bell rang and they know who it was. They pushed naeun as they know he might be expecting her. Naeun clutched her hands due to nervousness and opened the door. She froze as the person she least expected was in front of her “Jongin?” she muttered looking at him thinking it was her imagination but not until he responded with a smile and greeting “Happy birthday” he wished. Naeun gulped “Thank you, you here…please come in” she requested. He shook his head “We need to go. I mean taemin requested to bring you to a place. He suddenly got a schedule so he handed over this responsibility of bringing you safely to me”. Naeun thought “It is so awkward. Why it must be him…that too today…never mind…I am thinking too much”. He shook his hand in front of her face “Let’s go”. Her members peeked and greeted him. Chorong called him inside. He greeted them “I am sorry but we need to go. I will come in some other time” he said. They nodded.

Naeun agreed and went with him. He opened his car door for her. She asked “Will it be okay? I mean we together…?” implying if they get noticed. Kai chuckled “It is okay. It is not like you are my girlfriend so..” he replied sadly but smiled at her. Naeun felt sad “Yeah…right” she said smiling awkwardly. Kai drove the car but his concentration was on her thinking this is the first time they are travelling together but whats the use, it is for his best friend. “They are going to be a couple now” he thought himself implying he should forget about her now. She asked after a long silence “Where are we going?”. He said looking at the road “He might have sent you a text. I am not kidnapping you…it takes at least 3 hours to get there. I don’t know why he has to decide a place that far” he frowned.

Naeun observed the change that he never looks at her while talking. His eyes always wander. She leaned on the seat “You changed jongin” she blurted out. “How?” he asked. She said not looking at him “Are you the same person who used to know everything without me telling you?”. He laughed broken heartedly “I guess everyone change one day. You did too right?”. She nodded “Yeah but I had too for myself”. He turned his head towards her “I did for someone else too”. Naeun couldn’t understand him but her eyes widened looking at the rushing vehicle in front of them “Look out!!” she yelled. He turned the steering instantly and stepped on the brakes. The car stopped and she was about to fall in the front. He was fast and placed his hand catching her while she caught him tightly so that he couldn’t get hurt. He shook his head taking a deep breath “I am sorry” he said relieved. She was scared but took a sigh of relief “Thank god”.

He asked “Are you okay? You are not hurt are you?”. She asked at the same time “Are you okay?”. Both nodded looking at each other. He suggested “Shall we go back? I will call and tell taemin”. She stopped him “No…I am fine. No need to tell him. We should go”. He raised his voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter