Confession

I'mperfect life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The practice sessions have began, both naeun and kai were excited at thought of meeting each other. Their eyes shined as soon as they received a text about their meeting place and time. Naeun was in the dorm watching the text blankly. Hayoung who was passing by glanced at her phone and grinned. She tapped her shoulder making her snap “So? Your fate brought you again together? At least stop running now” she advised. Naeun smiled weakly “It is probably too late” she replied. Hayoung sighed “Is it fine if take a chance?” she asked excitedly. Naeun wondered “For what?” she asked carefully. Hayoung blushed “Hmm…I am interested in kai. I want to ask him out. If you are uninterested then i might…you know” she said shrugging her shoulders. Naeun froze “O…oh…Y..Yeah….b. but….of course…why not” she answered hesitantly. “Fine…then. Better late than never” hayoung left grinning. Naeun was disturbed by her sudden confession. She felt troubled thinking about the possibility.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………….........................................................................

 

The scheduled meeting was at dance studio kai owned. It was naeun’s first time coming over so she was really excited. She saw it many times on the internet about his academy but looking at it personally is the best. The receptionist welcomed her “This way please, you can wait for him here. He had some personal stuff to take care of” she said guiding her to his room. “Is it really okay? I mean i can wait for him at the dance room” naeun suggested while the kind lady objected. Telling her to relax, she left the place leaving her alone. Naeun felt awkward and glanced through his room. It was a pretty simple room but every inch of it screamed dance and passion. Her eyes landed on the pictures placed on the table. She took them each and giggled as they were his childhood pictures “Cute” she mumbled gently touching them. “Really?” asked jongin from behind making her gasp. Hurriedly she put the pictures in its place and turned around “Sorry…I…without permission” she stuttered.

Jongin walked towards her after a giving a slight glance at his phone “It is fine but what are you so sorry about?” he questioned. Realizing he might have not heard her she relaxed “No, nothing” she gave a short reply. The air was awkward again. “So, shall we start?” he went straight to the point. “It’s fine by me” she gave a short reply probably because she was holding her breath. Things were strictly professional between them. They discussed the details, jongin choreographed the performance in his head and the same was explained it to her. Needless to say, naeun was impressed yet again. His eyes which showed the passion were inspiring yet adorable to her. Somehow, it reminded of the days they were at school but now they are adults but one thing she noticed were her feelings. Still, she yearned for him, for his love “Of course, they won’t go away so easily. My feelings for jongin aren’t an illusion or a passing fancy. Trying to get over him is next to impossible” she thought.

Jongin was the same; perhaps the professionalism was just a mask to cover his anxious and nervous self. Never had he felt this feeling with anyone but she, whenever she was with him, his actions and words doesn’t match. He knew he can’t run away anymore but he doesn’t want to push her. Was he ready to commit another mistake? Probably no but how would he explain it to her that he was…is still in love with her. “I wish you could see these feelings through my eyes” he thought to himself, his eyes set on her. Their practice continued for a while. Both fell down breathing hard on the ground. “I didn’t know you could dance this well” he expressed. A smile passed on her face on his complement “I started loving it” she simply said. “Oh! It might because of that inspiration i guess” he asked carefully. Naeun nodded “Probably it is less than his passion” she explained. Jongin was curious “It’s taemin, isn’t it?” he asked coldly thinking she still might have feelings for him. “No!!” naeun declared, her voice rose a bit. Jongin was startled. “I mean….no….it is not him…..i didn’t talk to him since then” she expressed calmly this time. Jongin sighed. A call interrupted them.

It was jongin’s phone which rang. He excused himself to the side and took the call “Yes? Oh sure…yes….no…fine” he spoke in small phrases. Naeun was curious as she could hear it was a woman’s voice. It was disturbing, the insecurities rushed back to her mind. Jongin came back stuffing it in the pocket an unreadable expression plastered on his face. “If you don’t mind” naeun muttered enough he could hear. “Yes?” he raised his eyebrows. “Girlfriend?” she rather asked directly. Jongin was astonished at her frankness “No…no…it isn’t …a friend of mine. It is quite a surprise actually because we hardly spoke and then she suddenly calls me saying she wants to talk to me. Quite puzzling i must say” he gave an answer shrugging his shoulders. “And who might it be?....this friend of yours?” she interrogated but withdrew when jongin gave a puzzling glance at her. “Why are you so curious about my affairs?” he questioned straight forwardly. She was perplexed “Yes….it isn’t of my concern. You are right” she excused. Jongin caught her arm and naeun turned her head shocked. His hand was tightly held around her arm, “Or perhaps you were jealous or say that you have feelings for me?” she was taken aback, her eyes shot wide. Jongin laughed releasing his grip on her hand “There is no need to be that shocked i was just pulling your leg. By the way, let me drive you back” he suggested. Naeun shook her head bringing herself back to reality “No…it” she was interrupted “However, my destination is the same” he gave a vague answer.

The car stopped at their dorm, naeun got down in the basement. Jongin got down too. He smiled when he found a leaf on her head and moved closer. She moved back scared. He gently removed it from her hair while she shut her eyes tightly. She opened her eyes “Thank you….” naeun said slowly. He shook his head “Don’t….by saying that you are pushing me away again” he bluntly. She looked at him straight into his cold eyes “You are still thinking about the past? There was a reason for it jongin. You wouldn’t understand” she expressed in her low voice filled with pain. “Why couldn’t you read me when you would understand my every word without saying” she thought. Jongin snorted “Quiet easy to say i wouldn’t understand. Of course, i wouldn’t i don’t know how to read a mind unless….” .They were interrupted when hayoung came down “Oh, kai sorry for the wait” she explained. Naeun broadened her eyes comprehending the situation. Jongin smiled “You wanted to talk to me about something” he questioned. Hayoung glanced at naeun expressing difficulty to speak in front of her. Naeun got the cue, taking heavy steps she left.

She sat in the living room biting her nails in tension when hayoung entered the dorm after a while. She noticed naeun and passed by her silently. Naeun rushed to her room “What did you talk to him about?” she asked anxiously. Hayoung placed the book she opened aside and raised a brow “Simple, i just took a first step. I am going to confess later as i explained to you”. Naeun’s forehead creased “Hayoung…you” she couldn’t complete the sentence. Hayoung laughed making her wonder “You shouldn’t have a problem unless?” she gave a questioning look. Naeun sighed in defeat and left.

She rushed into her room and quickly opened her drawer where she kept the phone strap jongin gave. She took it into her hands and a tear escaped from her eyes. She went through her phone and opened a video which was recorded on the night years ago when they were drunk. It was her own video blabbering in a drunken state “I am a bad girl……very bad girl….hahah….i…...i was dishonest….i love you jongin….”. Naeun shut her phone after watching the video. She buried her head in her knees and tears kept flowing from her eyes. She opened the diary and wrote

“I couldn’t face anybody jongin….neither you nor taemin oppa. I realized the next day when i saw this video in my phone that i said those same words when i was with taemin oppa but he…he didn t say a word to me. I found out later when that the girl who was with taemin oppa confessed to me that was all an act. He turned into a bad guy for a person like me. At that point i wanted to die, i broke somebody’s heart. I took advantage of a nice person though i knew what was in my heart. This guilt, this conscience did not let me be near you jongin. I wanted to run away from myself so the only solution left for me was to push you away. I am such a fool; i probably wished you would read my eyes. Like always you would notice without me saying anyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter