Chapter Thirteen

My Love Only For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk P.O.V

 

After coming back from lunch with Hyemi and Jinyoung, I rushed to my desk again. Today is my first day of work without Nicole on the my side. Yesterday was the last day of Nicole working at this company and a small banquet was held for her. Although it was only two days she is with me, but I learned a lot of things from her. There was not much work I needed to do since the CEO will come back to this office on tomorrow. Nicole also didn't abandon the work that was overdue for me to manage as all her duties were all finished before leaving the company.

 

As there's nothing important to do today besides picking up the phone when there's an incoming call, I organized the bookshelf behind my seat. Hyemi kindly helped me to rearrange the company files on the already full shelf. I took the last year files on my hand to be stored in a file room later.

 

As soon as I turned my body to the front, I was surprised to see a man that was standing in front of my desk while watching me. I gasped and startled a little. I let out a sigh as I massaged my chest.

 

I look at the man who had his sunglasses on tried to hide his smile, perhaps amused at my behavior. He looks familiar! I constantly look at the man and my mouth didn't seem want to talk.

 

"Good afternoon, Wonho ssi."

 

Hyemi greeted him before I just about to turn to look at Hyemi beside me. So he is the CEO? But isn't Wonho ssi supposed to come back tomorrow, but why is he here today? 

 

"Good afternoon." Wonho nodded his head to Hyemi before looking back at me. "Come into my room for a while." He ordered and then swiftly made his way to his room.

 

"Okay, Minhyukie. It's time to work again. I'll go to the receptionist desk. Feel free to come to me if you have a problem. Try to get acquainted with our boss."

 

"Okay." I replied briefly to Hyemi.

 

As Hyemi passed through me, I quickly put all the files in my hand on the table and went straight to the CEO room. After getting permission from him to enter the room, I stepped in to face him who was already sitting on his cushioned chair.

 

I'm still trying to remember the man in front of me. This is definitely not the first time I've met him. We think we've met before. But where?

 

"Are you my new secretary?" Wonho asked as he took off his sunglasses and placed it on the table.

 

I smiled for a moment as I knew where I'd seen this guy before. This is the man I met when I sent my resume last week. The mysterious man who Jooheon always asked about since last Monday. I seriously didn't think he will turn out to be my boss. I just nodded my head to him.

 

"Please have a seat and introduce yourself."

 

I nodded slowly before I took a seat in front of him and started to introduce myself. "My name is-"

 

"Lee Minhyuk." Wonho interrupted before I said my name.

 

I jerked a little. I didn't expect that he will know my name. He raised his eyebrow as if asking me to continue my introduction.

 

"I am-"

 

"On this 3rd of November, you will turn 26 years old." He still try to connect every single word that I want to say.

 

I squeeze my lips as I'm getting annoyed with him. Why should he ask me to introduce myself if every words that I said is connected by himself?

 

"Proceed." He continued when I was being silent.

 

I took a breath before continuing my talk. "I hold a Degree in Business Administration from Seoul National University, but before that, I got Diploma in-"

 

"Secretarial Science from Kyung Hee University." Wonho said.

 

The nervous feeling that nested in my heart had now turned into a disgruntled feeling. But I'm still trying to be patient with my boss' behavior. "I am the-"

 

"Only child in your family and your parents work as a teacher."

 

My blood boiled when I heard every word that came out from his mouth. How could he know everything about me? Oh, maybe he did read my resume first before, that's why he was able to know everything about me. But I didn't remember stating my parents' occupation in my resume.

 

One more thing, if he knows all about me, what's the need for him to direct me to introduce myself again? I took a small breath, trying to calm myself. I don't want to be too emotional as I want to be professional, especially the person that I'm facing right now is my boss. I carved a smile, which certainly doesn't mean the sincerity of my smile.

 

"Did you read my resume, sir?" I asked him softly.

 

"Not yet. After all, why do I need to read your resume?"

 

"Well, before I was accepted to work here, Wonho ssi must have reviewed my application and resume, right?" I still talked to him with my best attitude although my heart has explode in anger.

 

"Why do I want to check all those things? It is obviously not my job, it's HR manager work. "

 

"Er... But..."

 

"Wonho oppa!" A woman's voice interrupted before I could reply him.

 

Me and Wonho turned to look at the woman who peeked her head inside of the room. I turned to Wonho again when I heard he snorted, apparently disliking the presence of the woman at this time.

 

"I'm sorry, I don't know you have guest." The woman said.

 

"It's okay, come in." Wonho gave her permission to join in the room. "Let me introduce this is my new secretary, Lee Minhyuk and Minhyuk, this is our Marketing Manager, Oh Yena."

 

I stand up and reached out my hand to shake my hands with Yena, trying to get along with a fellow worker, but she didn't seem to like me. Instead, Wonho stands up and shook my hand. I was surprised by his sudden action but he just smiled at me. I smiled at him back before both of us took a seat again.

 

"Oh really? I heard this week is the interview session, but you already have your new secretary instead. Seems like Jinyoung did his work efficiently." Yena glanced at me before she took a seat beside me and looked at Wonho in front of her.

 

"So, what bring you here, Yena?" Wonho concentrated on Yena.

 

"I want to talk to you about the tender training system in Dongdaemungu."

 

"What's the matter again? We just got back from there." Wonho seems lazy to continue the talk. I sat quietly here as I just being able to become an observer in their discussion.

 

"Oppa, it's about the system that the company wants to use, obviously. Why did you want to come back to this office too early anyway? You even cancelled the meeting with the trainer representative tonight." Yena didn't seem to satisfied with Wonho's action.

 

"Well, it's not that the representative trainer couldn't come here to talk with me." Wonho said as his hand started to play with a pen.

 

"Okay, alright, you win. Come into my room, we'll talk there." Yena suggested.

 

"Why just not talk about it here?" Wonho refused to follow Yena's suggestion.

 

"The documents are all in my room. I'm too lazy to bring all the documents here. Oppa, let's go." Yena pouted slightly.

 

"Okay." Wonho finally agreed and got up from his seat. Yena smiled in victory and made her way out from this room.

 

"Minhyuk, if there is a call for me, just take a note okay." Wonho reminded me before following Yena out of the room.

 

I slowly nodded my head when I heard the instructions from him. My eyes are still following every step of their way as they both went out from the room. As soon as Wonho was at the door entrance of his room, he turned to me with a look that was difficult for me to interpret for a while before finally vanished from my sight as he continued to follow Yena. His eyes... Why do I feel there's a difference when his eye's reflection is on me just now? And why do I feel like I've known that pair of eyes a long time ago?

 

 

The clock on the wall showed 6.30pm and I was still waiting for Wonho. My heart began to contemplate whether just to go home or wait for him until his discussion with Yena end as the office was almost empty when all the workers had returned home.

 

"What are they doing? The office hour was ove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter