Chapter Twelve

My Love Only For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk P.O.V

 

"Yes, eomma." I nodded my head despite of the fact that my mom wouldn't see me nodding my head.

 

My mom at the end of the line still gives me some advice for me, as if it is the first time I started working. Various advices goes into my ear and most importantly, my mom said that don't give up easily because every job have challenges and obstacles and I have to do it patiently and diligently.

 

"If you find someone that you like, don't forget to introduce them to me."

 

I stared into the air when I heard her words. Just like Gayeon noona, mom also expected me to find my partner in the company. I came here to work, not to find a soul mate. Although my age is 26 years old already but I think it is too early for that to happen. I just started my career, my mom supposedly need to give me a few years to actually get married.

 

"What are you saying, eomma ya? I'm here to work, not to find a soulmate." I sighed a little.

 

"Come on, what's wrong with finding a soulmate?" My mom laughed.

 

"You're talking nonsense, eomma. Alright. I'll call you later, eomma. Send my dear regards to appa." I tried to end the conversation with my mom. 

 

"Okay, don't be mischievous."

 

I ended the phone call after saying goodbye. I still remember my mom's excitement when I declare that I have been accepted to work here.

 

I glanced at every corner of Jinyoung's room, suddenly missed Gayeon noona boutique surrounding. I will never forget all the bittersweet memories when working at the bridal boutique. Everything seems to be the most beautiful memory to remember.

 

"Minhyuk."

 

I turned to look at Jinyoung who's standing beside me. Because it was fun to reminisce my memory at the bridal boutique, I didn't even realize Jinyoung's presence in this room.

 

"Let me introduce you with other workers." Jinyoung opened the door and walked to step out from his room.

 

"Jinyoung..." I started to call Jinyoung's name by his first name as he ordered me not to call him by Jinyoung ssi. There's no need to be so formal with colleagues, he said.

 

"I'll be working as a secretary, right? For whom?" I finally asked the question that's been playing in my mind since few days ago.

 

"Oh, how could I forget to tell you?" Jinyoung smiled as he touched his forehead. "You'll be the secretary of MX Consulting Corporation's Chief Executive Officer."

 

I gulped my saliva. Chief Executive Officer? Secretary to CEO MX Consulting Corporation? For real? Is it right for me who doesn't have any experience, being the secretary of the most important person in the company? This is not going to be easy. I really thought I'm just being a secretary to one of the big managers here.

 

The sweat began to form on my forehead. Although I couldn't see my own face this moment, but I knew my face is turning pale.

 

"Relax, Minhyuk ah. Don't worry too much. You look so pale. The CEO is not a tiger to be feared of." Jinyoung chuckled as he saw my reaction.

 

I know the CEO is indeed a human, but the CEO is the most important person in the company. How can I calm down after knowing that I will be the secretary to the most important person?

 

"Come on, don't think too much. Follow me." Jinyoung gestured me to come with him.

 

I followed Jinyoung's step, feeling anxious. Me and Jinyoung explored the entire office and were introduced to all employees. It seems that all employees welcomed me very well and warmly. Their friendliness caused my nervous feeling to disappear slowly.

 

But when Jinyoung walked me to the CEO room, my heart suddenly lose his strength. Does he want me to get acquainted with the CEO? My heart was pounding again as I thought of meeting the CEO. The CEO is certainly a very firm and devoted perfection, there should be no flaws. Out of a sudden, I feel like I want to run away from this company and come back working to Gayeon noona's bridal boutique.

 

"Minhyuk ah, this is Nicole. She is the secretary of the CEO." Jinyoung introduced me to the long-haired lady to me.

 

CEO's secretary? So, what's the need for me to be here if the position has been filled out? Although my brain is still thinking hard about it, I still shook her hand with a smile on my face.

 

"Tomorrow is her last day to work here because she'll follow her husband abroad to work there. So for these remaining two days, Nicole will teach you everything related to your duties here. So, considering that you had no experience before this, I think it's the best chance for you to learn anything worthwhile." Jinyoung explained and I've been smiling with his explanation.

 

"You don't have to worry, Jinyoung ah. In these two days, I'll make sure Minhyuk will be the best secretary here." Nicole lifted her eyebrow playfully, trying to give her confidence to Jinyoung.

 

"Suit yourself. But don't you dare to bully Minhyuk. Or else we'll get a scolding from the CEO." 

 

"I wouldn't dare. Or else I'm not going to receive my last salary in this company." Nicole replied him. Both of them laughed after hearing her statement.

 

I didn't understand what are they talking about. What's so funny? As soon as Jinyoung passed me to Nicole, Nicole gave me a quick briefing on the company's operations and activities.

 

 

"The CEO is not in today. He's outstation for three days. He will come back to this company on Thursday." Nicole told me as both of us came back to the office from lunch.

 

Oh, so that's explain on why I didn't see his face since the morning. I just nodded my head and sighed in relief. As we reached the office, Nicole asked me to come inside the CEO room with her which located in front of the secretary's partition. There's only a glass wall that act as the separator between the CEO room and secretary's partition.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter