Chapter Ten

My Love Only For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk P.O.V

 

5 years later... 

 

The situation in my house is quite hot although I've switched on the fan on its maximum level. I stretched my body on the couch I was sitting on.

 

"Here, drink this."

 

I turned to see my mom took a seat next to me after putting a mug of hot chocolate on the coffee table.

 

"Eomma, why are you making me a hot chocolate? I want something cold~" I whined and leaned my head to her shoulder. I need cold water to relieve my body heat.

 

"You're drinking cold water every night. No cold water for tonight. If you don't want this hot chocolate, just let eomma drink it." I was quick to grab the mug before my mom could reach it.

 

"Okay, I'll just drink this." I smiled a little and took a sip of the hot chocolate. 

 

"How long are you going to work in that boutique, Minhyukie? Don't you want to find another job?"

 

I stopped sipping the drink as I heard her question. She's always asking me this question whenever I returned home on the weekend.

 

"Eomma~ When I finished my degree, you're the one who ask me to immediately apply a job. But then when I've already got a job, you keep asking me that question." I pouted slightly at my mom. 

 

"It's not that I forbid you to work, but what about your degree certificate? Don't you want to find a better job with that? It's not that you will work in that boutique forever, right?" Mom said as she's kinda worried about my work status.

 

"Come on, eomma. It's still a job."

 

"Yeah, I know that it's a job, but how long did you want to keep your degree certificate in that file?" Mom looked at me with a grim view.

 

"Eomma, it's not that easy to find a job nowadays. Don't you know that many graduated students are unemployed out there?" I told her as I tried to defend myself.

 

"Yes, but if-"

 

"Alright, eomma~ I'm going to my room first. I'm tired. Good night~" I cut off her words and kissed both of her cheeks before going to my room upstairs.

 

As I reached my room, I searched for my file in the drawer and took a seat on the study chair. I took a look at my resume with certificates in the file one by one. I paused for a moment when I saw my degree certificate. It's been a while since I've not used my degree to find a job. When I just finished my degree, I kept trying to bring this resume to a lot of companies to find a job. But I still got no response from them.

 

After almost 4 months of being unemployed, I was determined not to rely on my degree to find a job. Eventually I've decided to apply my job to the boutique and it's been over 7 months since I've been working there. After I got my job at the boutique, I never send my resume to any other company anymore. I'm grateful of being able to work in the boutique rather just staying home doing nothing.

 

I know mom always wants the best for me. Well, which mother in this world doesn't want to see her child to succeed, right? Mom definitely wants me to find a better job after all my hard work during my degree years. Somehow I felt like I'm not gonna work in that boutique forever and one day, I'll surely get a job which is equivalent to my degree qualification.

 

I let out a small sigh when I thought of it. Then, I restored the file and pulled out my laptop from my backpack. The boutique is open everyday and I usually have my off day on Tuesday. It is impossible for me to take leave on Sunday because on Sunday, more customers are coming compared to the weekdays. I'll come back home every Tuesday to see my parents because I'm currently living with Jooheon in a rental apartment.

 

I logged in into my twitter account and scroll down on the timeline. Then, I saw Changkyun just posted a tweet. I quickly sent him a message.

 

 Hi, Changkyunie. How are you? ●

 

I stared at my laptop, hoping that Changkyun would reply to my messages. After waiting for almost ten minutes, Changkyun finally reply my message.

 

Hello, hyung. I'm doing fine. ○

 

I pouted slightly at his reply. I felt like the relationship between Changkyun and I now is not the same as 5 years ago. When I was in my 2nd year at Seoul National University, Changkyun was offered to further his study in the United States. I think that's why we're not as closed as before. Although we still contact each other but somehow I felt like we're growing apart.

 

How are you, hyung? ○

 

I couldn't help but smiled when I received another message from Changkyun.

 

I'm doing fine too. I miss you though. ●

 

I miss you too, hyung. Are you still working at the boutique? ○

 

Yeah, why? ●

 

Don't you want to change to another job? ○

 

Well, I look forward to look for another job. Maybe I'll open my own business rather than looking for another job. Doesn't it sound interesting? ●

 

Just do what do you think is good for you, hyung. I'll always support you. ○

 

Thank you, Changkyun ah. It means a lot to me. ●

 

No problem. Okay, hyung. I have to go to the library now, bye~ I love you <3 ○

 

Alright, take care of yourself. I love you too. ●

 

I logged out from my twitter and closed the laptop before going to take a bath and have a nice sleep.

 

 

The next day...

 

I opened the main door of my house and peek out my head to search for my parents. My lips turned into a smile when I saw mom and dad are having their tea time outside. I immediately put on my slippers and went straight to the bench.

 

"Oh, you two didn't even invite me to have a tea time together." I swiftly picked up a cookie on the table and took a seat in between my parents.

 

"Look this boy." Dad shook his head as he saw me.

 

"Appa, send me back to my rental apartment tonight, please?" I asked him while chewing the cookie.

 

"When do you want me to send you?"

 

"As usual, around 7.30pm. Can you?" I purposely asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter