Bad First Day

When Your Near

 

(Bog,Bog, Bog...) " Yah!! Its Already 7am and your late for work ." Krystal is shouting while knocking loudly at my bedroom door. " If you won't wake up, then you gave me no choice to open this door and hit you so that you'll wake up! " she continued.

Well she's always like this... everytime I wake up late which most of the time happens. She would really do everything just to wake me up.

"Yah! stop that annoying knock, I'm already awake." I said.

 " Good! now take a shower fast, It's your first day of your first job, and I'm sure you don't want to be late . Mom says breakfast is ready downstairs. " She said then went downstairs.

My eyes went big when I was reminded by my sister that today is my first day on my first job. It's 7am and the orientation for the new hired employees will be at 9am. I grabbed my towel from the rack then dashed myself to the room, After taking bath, I stepped out of the bathroom and checked the wall clock.

" Oh shoot! It's already 7:31am, I have to call Tiffany to check if she's ready." I said to myself.

Tiffany is my bestfriend eversince we were born. Since our Moms are also the best of friends and our Dads are working at the same company. We both grew up at San Francisco, California. But when we turned six and my Mom got pregnant to Krystal. The company where our Dads  used to work got closed. That's why we move back here in Korea and they created their own business. Tiffany is the only true friend I have. I could say that I'm very much dependent to her. Without her, I woudn't got this far.

I took my phone at the side table of the bed and dialed Tiffany's telephone number. Tiffany answers the phone right after the third ring.

-CONVERSATION-

Tiffany: Hello?

Me: Hae Tiff, Its me Jessica.

Tiffany: Oh hi!! Why did you call is there something wrong?

Me: No there isn't! I just want to confirm that we'll meet at the Bus station at 8am sharp.

Tiffany: (laughing) Sharp? I assure you, I'll be there at exactly 8am. (She continued laughing)

Me: Yah! I know Im always late, but Im trying my best to be early as I can.

Tiffaby: Yeah right! Anyway, I'll see you later and you better get hurry. I know your not ready yer.

Me: Ok! I'll see you later. Bye!

Tiffany: Bye!

- END OF CONVERSATION - 

I went to the closet and took my ironed uniform and made myself presentable. I stared at my reflection in the mirror for a few seconds and then went downstairs. Krystal is at the living room watching an anime series.

" Yah! Krystal, don't you have class today? " I asked her.

"Since when do I have classes during summer?" she answered.

"Oh! I forgot, By the way.. where's Mom and Dad?"

Before Krystal answered, My Mom called me from the dining room. I guess she heard us.

"Were her honwy!" she said.

I left Krystal without saying a word. I decided not to disturb her, since she was only allowed to watch T.V during summer. I went to the dining room and saw my Mom eating her breakfast and my Dad drinking his cofee while reading a newspaper.

" Good Morning!!" I said and went to them to give them each a peck of their cheeks.

" Come on dear, eat some breakfast first before you leave." My Mom said.

" It's Ok Mom! I'm not even hungry yet, after all I'm almost late for work." I said.

" The Ice Princess have spoken. She doesn't want to eat breakfast. Let her be." My Dad said whie folding the newspaper that he's reading.

" Dad? I told you not to call me Ice Princess anymore. From the moment I graduated to collee, I pledged to be as bright as ever and never go back to be a cold person anymore."

My Dad just nod and started eating his breakfast.

" Oh! By the wayDad, Mom.. Can I come home late after my shift? I promised Yoona to come over her place after dinner. She she'll cook for me."

Yoona is also my sister. She's in between me nd Krystal. She's doing some workshops every summer in modeling. She rented an apartment near the building where she's attending the workshop so that it won't be hard for her to travel. Specially theyhave some early morning call time. Modeling is her passion, she loves walking in a ram, pose in front of the camera and be the most top super ,odel in Korea, or should I say in the whole wide worl. Well, we are th Jung sisters, Me, being the moody type of person, sometimes bubbly, sometimes cold and the hard headed one. Yoona, the glamorous one and Krystl, boyish bossy but she's lovely when you get to know her better.

" Sure! But can you give this to her?" My Mom took a box of multivitamins capsule from the litchen drawer then handed it to me. " She texted me yesterday that her vitamins have ran out. She continued.

" Sure Mom!" I said

" Unnie! Phone call for you.. it's Tiffany unnie!" Krystal called me from the living room. " She's asking if your already done!" she continued.

" Tell her I'll be on my way!" I repled back. "So I guess that's my cue, wish me luck on my first day!" I told my parents.

" Goodluck honey! and remember to stay focus okey?" Mom said.

"Of course I will! I'm a member of the Jung family. nd a Jung has been alays motivated for a "job-well-done."

" That's my Ice Princess! I mean that's my princess!" My Dad said.

" Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" I gave them both a eck of their cheeks and then leave.

---------------------------------------------------------

" Tiff!" I said.

" What?" Tiffany glacned at me while we were eantering the lobby of Shoshi Hotel.

" Pinch me!" looking at the place with full amazement.

" Huh?"  confused Tiffany. " Why?" she added.

" I think Im dreaming. This place is like palace."

" Yah! stop it, it's creeping me out. Look, were here to be the front desk attendant, not to be the guest." Tiffany is now dragging me because Im really stunned of what I'm seeing.

We went into the elevator and the levator operator asks us where to go.

" HR Department please." Tiffany told the elevator operator.

The operator pressed the button number three. The HR department must be in the third floor. Seeing the number of buutons in the elevator makes me really amazed.

" 200 floors! WOW!!!!!!!" I said. " Are we meeting the CEO today? I wonder what he looks like." I continued.

" Why? Don't you know nything about him?" Tiffan asked.

" No, Why? What's he like? Is he handsome?" I asked.

" What? he's ugly? hmm...." I said with a disapointment tone.

" He's not ugly but I overheard someone talking at the interview when we were still applying hat the CEO of Soshi Hotels and Company is a DOM. They said he's ervert that's why they keep on hiring employees because any young and beautiful woman in te hotel is being victimizd by the CEO." Tiffany said it with  scared voice.

" Yah! stop that, it's creeping me out." I said that with a tone of pretending that I'm not afraid of anyone. But deep inside, I'm already nervous.

The elevator's bell rang which means we already arrived at the third floor, we thanked the operator and went outside.

" Tiff wait, I'm nervous." I said while holding her arms tightly.

" What? Oh come on, its just an orientation. And don't worry with hat I heard aout the CEO, just forget bout it."

"Ok! breathe in, breathe out.. I'm ready."

Then we silently cheered ourselvs. " FIGHTING!!"

Tiffany knocked at the HR Department room door, then somebody opened it. We went inand the one opens the door started talking.

" Excuse me, what can we do for you? Are you one of the new hired employees?" the guy said.

" Yes we are sir, where can we find the HR board room?" Tiffany said while smiling at the tall guy wearing a neat and clean suit with a name plate on his left side chest.

" Choi....... Siwon." I said while reading his nameplate.

" Yes! My name is Choi Siwon, the head of HR Department. I will be the one orienting the new hires. Please come with me at the HR boardroom for us to start the orientation.

I felt embarrassed knowing that he caught me reading his nameplate. While we were following him, Tiffany is giggling and whispering to me that Mr. Choi is cute. Well, it's the type she likes the most. Tall, handsome, has a good posture and a lot more that can be seen on Mr. Choi's physical appearance.

We ended up in a room with nine people inside, four were sitting at the sides of a long tabel while 5 were sitting in front. We seated along with the other four at the side while Mr. Choi is heading to the people infront the long table and placed himself at the center.

" Ok! Good Morning everyon, I'm Sorry for the short delay. My name is Choi Siwon, the head of the Human Resource Department ans with me here are the heads of each departments in whih yoou will be dealin with."

The five people sitting in front stood up ans introduced thmselves one by one.

" Annyeong haseyo! My name is Kim Taeyeon, the head of housekeeping department."

" Park Jun Su here! It's nice to meet new hired employees and I'm the Bell Captain."

" My name is Hang Geng. I'm the head cheff and this is my assistant, Shin Dong Hee.

" And I'm Choi Sooyoung. The head of food and beverage department."

" Hey Sica, Mr. Choi has the same surname with the head of food and bverage department." said Tiffany, whispering to me.

" Must be his wife." I answered back.

"Tiffany made a sad face.

" Hey! cheer up.. Im just guessing." still in a low voice, But I guess not low enough.

" You might be wondering why me and Ms. Choi Sooyoung has the same family name. Well she's not my wife but my younger sister." said Mr. Choi staring at Tiffany with a smile. Tiffany at the same time stared at him with a shy smile.

" Ok, so you already know who the heads of each department. We will now proceed to the top management." he continued talking.

Each member of the top managment were being introduced by Mr. Choi with some pictured on them flashing at the screen projector. Except for the CEO/President of Soshi Hotels and Company. Well, Soshi Hotel is not just there business, they also have supermalls, restaurants and a lot more.

" Umm.. Excuse me Mr. Choi, can I ask something?"

" Sure! and your name is?"

" I'm Jessica Jung. New hired employee from the Front Office Department. I just wanna ask if the rumor about the CEO is true?" I raised my hand then stood up when I started asking Mr. Choi."

" What? Jessi! What are you doing?" Tiffany looked embarrassed and tried to get me back on my seat. " My apologies Mr. Choi, just don't mind that question." She directly explained to Mr. Choi.

" No its ok Ms.?" Siwon trying to ask Tiffany's name.

"Tiffany Hwang Sir, also from the Front Office Department." Tiffany said.

" Its ok Ms. Hwang. But what exact rumor was it Ms. Jung?" Mr. Choi asking me with confusion.

All the people inside the board room lookd at me with confussion, waiting for my answer. Then a guy wearing a white inner shirt ans coat, black jeans ansd a formal black shoes appeared from the door.

" Yeah! What rumor? I don't remember being involved in some troubles lately." He said.

All the heads of each dpartment stood up and bowed down to the guy including Mr. Choi.

" Ladies and Gentlemen... I would like you to meet Mr. Lee Donghae, the CEO/President and the major stock holder of Soshi Hotels and Company."

-----------------------------

Oh no! what will happen now to Jessica? Will she be pushed to say what was that ruor all about? Will she be fired on her first day? Watch out for the next chapter. Thanks for reading.. comment and suggestions are very much open so please leave some! :)))))