Chapter 9

It Was Always You
It happened again. And it's happening too often for his liking.
 
'Are you feeling better?'
 
He heard a female voice. But it was one that he didn't recognize. 'H-How did I end up here?'
 
'You brought the girl in, and fainted afterwards.'
 
Usually, he would have felt uncomfortable by how the person before him was eyeing him from head to toe, at such a close distance. But he was too occupied with something else then.
 
'Are you sure you're okay?'
 
She knows. She can't possibly not know that there's something wrong with me after all this.
 
It was too much of a coincidence. By then, he was certain that his sub-conscience other personality arch enemy was with you.
 
He had to talk to you. To tell you to stay away from him.
 
'Student, where are you going?' He did not say a word as he left the sick bay immediately, determined to find you.
 
Hakyeon wouldn't be happy if he finds out.
 
And I don't even know for how long has this been going on.
 
'Jung Taekwoon.'
 
Speaking of the devil.
 
 
'We need to talk.'
 
'It wasn't me. It's him.' Taekwoon said straight away, but Hakyeon was unamused.
 
'You still like her, don't you?'
 
'I'll stay away from her.'
 
He knew he wasn't going to get an answer. 'You do know that you'll end up harming her right?'
 
'That's why I'll stay away from her.'
 
'Are you sure? Because Jieun doesn't look like she's going to stay away from you.'
 
'I'll talk to her.'
 
'You'd better.'
 
Taekwoon sighed as he watched Hakyeon turning away. Things went downhill immediately when Hakyeon found out that he likes you.
 
He tried not to let it show all the while, but from that one day that he let his guard down, Hakyeon didn't talk to him anymore. And he was the only one who actually knew what was wrong with him.
 
Now where am I supposed to find that girl?
 
 
 
 
 
Does he actually mean it? For us to date? Just like that?
 
He doesn't have any reasons to like me though.
 
Wait, he didn't even say that he likes me.
 
But he kissed me. And said that I'm his.
 
But that kiss didn't mean anything either. It wasn't even a kiss. It was like bumping lips.
 
'YOON JIEUN!' You snapped your head up at the five males who were staring back at you.
 
'Yeah?'
 
'Was it really serious? The fall just now?' You looked at Jaejin blankly as he bent closer towards you, feeling your forehead.
 
'I think it's better for you to go back to rest. It's better than messing up the entire practice.' You frowned at Seunghyun, not sure if he was trying to be nice or not.
 
'Do you want me to call Hakyeon to fetch you?'
 
'It's okay, he probably went home already. I can manage.'
 
 
 
 
Stupid Jung Leo. Why is he doing this to me. And Taekwoon sunbae doesn't even know what's happening.
 
You thought back to the purple card that you received the other day. But I didn't feel anything when I got the card, how is it that what he said keeps bothering me? He didn't even say that he likes me. He just said that we're dating.
 
Who actually does that?
 
You were brought back to reality when you felt your phone vibrating in your hands. The Caller ID showing that it was Leo.
 
It's sunbae right? It can't be so soon that he's Leo again, or can it?
 
'Hello?'
 
 
 
 
You didn't know why, but you felt nervous whenever you met Taekwoon. On the other hand, you didn't feel anything,or sometimes even relief, when you saw that it was Leo. Even though you figured that Leo was probably the more dangerous one. Maybe it was because you never knew what was on Taekwoon's mind, when Leo was always straightforward.
 
You were starting to bite on your straw as you waited for him, hoping that he would appear soon so that you wouldn't be so uptight, wondering what he wanted to say to you. But once he appeared, seemingly extremely unhappy, you took back your words. You would rather it was his poker face on instead.
 
'If I call you, don't pick up.'
 
He just have to start off with that, doesn't he? That's not very nice.
 
'If you see me around, avoid me.'
 
Taekwoon watched you as you remained silent, and continued.
 
'If I insist in dragging you along, run away.'
 
'Who am I supposed to listen to then, if you're both saying opposite things?'
 
She knows.
 
'Me. Whatever I say is more important than him. You just have to avoid him, so you wouldn't even have to hear him to determine who to listen to.'
 
'Then why did you look for me the other day? I haven't even ask you about that.'
 
He paused. That was a mistake. 'That wasn't me.'
 
'Okay.' Hearing his response, you were more bent on your decision.
 
'I said that wasn't me.'
 
'And I said okay. Sunbae, I'll leave first then.'
 
Great. This isn't the way I planned it out to be. Now I can't even look at her from afar. I can't risk her finding out.
 
'Hyung, isn't she the girl that you like?' Hongbin asked cheerfully as he took the seat that you were in just seconds ago, but he noticed that Taekwoon had a grim look on his face. 'Why? Did something go wrong? Does she already have somebody else? Is she not interested?'
 
 
 
 
The moment you stepped into your house, you were greeted with a sizzling sound from the kitchen, rushing in only to find Hakyeon in a apron by the stove.
 
'Oppa?'
 
'Practice ended early today? Are you feeling better?' He asked, all the while not turning to face you as you placed your things down before settling in a chair near him.
 
'Yeah and yeap. Were you here for very long already?'
 
'Not really.'
 
'Oppa would have to wait even longer if practice ended as usual though.'
 
'Jiji,'
 
'Hmm?'
 
'I'm sorry for getting angry at you just now.'
 
Oppa wouldn't be happy if I bring it up again... But I have to. 'Hakyeon oppa. Why do you-'
 
'No means no.'
 
'But it's not like he wants to do it. It's his disorder.'
 
'I told you that we're not going to quarrel over this.' You could hear his voice deepening, and knew that he was getting angry again without having to see his expression.
 
'We can help him.'
 
'We?'
 
'You'll be helping by allowing me to help him.'
 
'He likes you.'
 
'He doesn't like me.'
 
'Which he are talking about right now? Taekwoon or Leo. Or both.'
 
'Taekwoon sunbae hates me.'
 
He extremely likes you. 'What about Leo?'
 
'He doesn't like me either. He-' You paused, about to say he tried scaring me away. But went against it. You saw that Hakyeon was about to say something, but quickly added. 'He's just a personality.'
 
'He can have feelings too. And Leo isn't just any personality, he's a violent one. You'd never know what he might do to you. Which is why I said to stay away from him. '
 
'We can help sunbae by appeasing Leo, maybe it'll improve his condition.'
 
Appease Leo. He knew very well, that these two words did not go together.
 
'I'll think about it. Don't you have homework to finish?'
 
 

 
'Let's go.' You sighed when you heard his voice before even seeing him. Yes, you do have a plan of appeasing him. But not on a day when you've just got lectured by one of your teachers.
 
'I still have to meet a teacher-'
 
'No. I don't have time. We have to go, now.' His hand wrapped around your wrist, and you were soon being pulled towards the school gate, though you tried hard to stay rooted to the ground.
 
'Leo, not today.' You couldn't help that your voice was tired and you might have sounded slightly annoyed. But most importantly, Leo was ticked off by it.
 
'I haven't said anything about it but that doesn't mean that I'm okay with it. Why are you addressing me like a pet?'
 
You froze when his grip tightened a lot harder, finally looking up at him. You could feel your blood stopping, at where he held firmly onto, and you could see his veins showing. Both on his arm and his neck. You could even feel his nails caving in slightly into your wrist.
 
For that brief second, you saw the real Leo. Not the one who has been trying to be nice around you.
 
'But I-'
 
'I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want another shirt covered in blood. Do you?'
 
You found your mouth hanging open slightly, before you got yourself back together. 'Okay, but let go. Or else the only blood that you will be seeing is mine.' You lifted your wrist to his eye level, where your skin has already turned red from the blood clotting around the area.
 
You saw his eyebrows furrowing together when he saw what he did, and he immediately let go, holding onto your other hand instead. This time, much gentler.
 
 
 
'Where are we going?' You finally decided to break the silence when you boarded the subway with him, and realized that it was the first time you were actually following him out. And you couldn't help but to be slightly alert on where he was leading you to.
 
'We need to lay out some rules.'
 
'Where?'
 
'Some where to get food.'
 
'But we could have just stayed in the neighbourhood-'
 
'I don't want anyone coming up to me and calling me that guy's name.'
 
Oh. 'Okay.'
 
 
 
 
 
'Isn't this expensive?' You asked when you found the both of you in a restaurant, where students are not supposed to be able to afford.
 
'Aren't dates supposed to be at this kind of places?'
 
You stared at Leo in disbelief as he used the word 'dates'. Where is this going exactly? 'But I don't have those feelings for you.' You didn't know if it was supposed to be a bad idea to be straightforward to him. I should maybe consult my uncle again...
 
'I like you.'
 
'We didn't even meet that often. How could you possibly like me?'
 
'You smacked me with your sticks.'
 
You frowned at him. Okay, he definitely got his definition of 'like' wrong.
 
'You're not scared of me.'
 
You decided to ignore him once he mentioned the sticks, and shifted your attention to the menu before you instead.
 
'I like to watch you studying.' But that made you look up when you heard the change in his tone. It was the softest he ever sounded. It almost sounded as though it was Taekwoon.
 
'You're the only one who took care of me even after what I did.'
 
You blinked when you felt the change in mood and saw him leaning in. And you covered his mouth with your hands just in time. 'What are you trying to do.'
 
But they were immediately pulled away. 'Kis-'
 
'Okay. Time to actually lay out the rules. No. This bumping of lips thing.' You saw him smirking. Finally, he wasn't looking as though he wanted to kill you anymore. But his smirk in this context did not help in bringing you relief.
 
'It's called kis-'
 
'Bumping of lips. Okay next.' You tapped lightly on the table, signalling an end to that point. But being Leo, he was not having any of it.
 
'No. I thought couples did it a lot.'
 
'We're not a couple.'
 
'I told you that I like you.'
 
'That doesn't mean that we're a couple.'
 
'You said you'll help.'
 
You paused. Since when did I say that? 'No? You told me to help you.' I didn't actually say that I would help right? I can't remember...
 
'So you're going to help. Okay next. You're going to call me oppa.'
 
You pursed your lips and he raised his eyebrow at you. Appease Leo. Appease Leo. Appease Leo. 'Okay.'
 
'Every time you don't call me oppa, that's one kiss.'
 
'No.'
 
'Then we'll scrap the rule of no kissing in the first place.' And you found his face right before yours again.
 
'Okayokay. I'll call you oppa.' Leo was grinning as you pushed him back into his seat. She's going to end up doing things my way. I'm sure of it.
 
'Next, I don't want to see you with males around.'
 
'But the band-'
 
'No males. I don't have females around me. So why should you.'
 
'That's-' Damn it.
 
'Fair.'
 
'Leo you can't just deprive me of my friends.'
 
He smirked.
 
Oh no. 'No.' Your hands immediately flew to cover your mouth. 'Nonono.'
 
'That's a foul. We already sealed the deal for that.'
 
'No we didn't. We didn't write it down or anything.'
 
'Okay. We'll write it down now.' And he immediately wrote the points down on the napkin by the table.
 
Wait, did he just say two points while I only mentioned one? 'No skinship.'
 
'You're just telling me that you reject the entire couple thing.'
 
'Leo there's more to couples than skinship.'
 
'That's one.'
 
Freak. 'Oppa.'
 
'Too late. I'll claim it later.'
 
You mentally cursed, before taking in a deep breathe to compose yourself. 'As I said, I don't like you.'
 
'I'm going to make you like me.'
 
'If that's the case, shouldn't you listen to me?'
 
'I'm going to do it my way.'
 
'But Leo oppaaa~' You tried hard not to smile when you saw his hand stiffen in the midst of a sentence before he slowly lifted his head up to look at you. 'Leo oppa?' You blinked again as you pouted, and saw his ears turning red as he quickly looked away.
 
She'd better not do it to others or else. 'I don't want to hear the word Taek or woon from you. And you will not meet him at all. Then I'll let you stay with the band and have Hakyeon around.'
 
'Okay.'
 
 
 
 
Bickering with him was even more tiring than you thought. It was like trying to talk sense into a kindergarten kid. A stubborn kindergarten kid.
 
And being caught in the peak hour rush on your way home was definitely not helping.
 
The subway was flooded with people, and you were fortunate enough to even be able to get into it. However, you didn't even have space to move around in as more people tried to desperately to squeeze their way in. And you found yourself stuck closely to Leo.
 
Leo, on the other hand, was bus glaring at any one and every one who bumped into the both of you, and held you closely to him. He gritted his teeth whenever another male got too close, even though the only thoughts in the stranger's mind was simply to get home as soon as possible.
 
It wasn't until he suddenly felt something resting on his chest and a weight on his body, did he stop glaring at people and focused his attention on you instead.
 
She must be tired, to fall asleep even like this.
 
Leo found his grip around you tightening when the train jerked, not letting you move around that much as your head rested on his chest. And for the rest of the trip back, he found his eyes not leaving you for even a mere second.
 
 

 

Hakyeon has been racking through his brains for days, trying hard to think of a way to stop your attempt of helping Taekwoon. But the only thing that he came up with to justify his actions was to tell the truth. Maybe, just maybe, you would listen to him, he hoped. There were risks, but he had no choice.
 
'Jiji.'
 
You felt him tugging onto your arm as you turned away from your locker to look at him. 'Yeah?'
 
'I like-'
 
'YOON JIEUN YOU'RE DATING?'
 

 

[A/N] I'm so sorry for the late update !! >< This chapter is months late oh gosh Dx

I hope that you wouldn't be too disappointed with this chapter!

As usual, thank you so much for the subscribes and comments!

Thank you!

<3