Chapter 13

It Was Always You

He's late.

You pouted as you looked at your watch. It was 20 minutes past 7 and you still have yet to see the edge of his shadow, or even received a message from him. 

He can't possibly forgot about it right? Especially when he was the one who repeatedly told me to remember?

Or did something happen to him on the way here?

Maybe he couldn't simply come out when he feel like it. Maybe it's still Taekwoon sunbae, that's why.

You tried comforting yourself as to why he wasn't appearing yet, but could not help but to feel slightly disappointed at his absence.

Where is he?

Soon, you found yourself wandering further away from your place as you continued to look for him. Perhaps I can meet him halfway through?


 




Groaning, he held onto his head as he grabbed onto a nearby lamp post to steady himself. How long has it been again-

He shook his head hard to get his senses back, before looking down to find himself in a checkered shirt and jeans, and cringed. What am I doing here in this- Wait, was he heading to Jieun again?

Finally stabilising himself, Taekwoon took in his surroundings, quickly figuring the way back where he came from.

However, right when he took a step forward, he heard a shriek that made him freeze right on the spot.


 

 

 

 




'Don't think of doing anything silly, or else don't blame us for what we will do to you.' Your eyes widened as you stared at the unknown male before you, who had a huge scar across his left cheek, with other stray scars on his face and neck.

W-Who-

'Where's Jung Leo?' The cloth was removed from your mouth, and you knew better not to scream when you noticed a knife held dangerously close to your neck.

'I-I don't know.' You gasped as your hands tightened around the strap of your sling bag, and the grip on your shoulder instantly tightened.

Too absorbed with your thoughts, you didn't even notice when you were being followed by two males. All the while until you reached a secluded corner on the street that you were pulled into the alley, barely letting out a scream before your mouth was covered.

A snort came out of the perpetrator. 'Don't even try to lie. We know you're his girlfriend. You can't fool us. Now, where is he?'

You pursed your lips as you glared at them, trying not to let your fear show, but it was getting increasingly hard with the knife edging closer to you.

'Or at the very least, tell us who is he. There's no such person as Jung Leo no matter how we searched. His identification doesn't exist.'

That's when it struck you. No wonder they came to find me. It's because they can't get hold of Leo. And he has been staying around me whenever he came out recently, no longer getting into the trouble he used to make.

'Speak already! Keeping mum wouldn't help you either.'

Not sure where your sudden burst of courage came from, you mumbled under your breathe, 'You don't have to concern yourself with him!'

'When he beat our maknae into a pulp?' The other guy behind him finally spoke up as he stepped closer to where the dim light shone on. You quickly shifted your eyes away after spotting a bruised eye, not wanting to know what other injuries they had. And you were thankful that they were actually wearing jackets, so that you didn't have to see more. Especially when you thought back to Leo and the dream.

You whimpered as you felt the cold blade of the knife press against your neck, while the man before you eyed you from head to toe. 'Sure, seems like getting concerned with you instead of him doesn't sound that bad of an idea either.'

You thought you were doing a good job at hiding your fear. But you thought wrong.

'Oh, or did you not know that your boyfriend was this kind of person? How unfortunate.' A scornful laughter came out from him, and you felt something drip down your neck, a chill going down your spine.

Did they really-

Just then, police sirens were heard echoing through the walls of the alley, getting louder by the second. And instantly, you felt everything being pulled away from you.

'H-Hyung let's go-' The second male whispered, already tugging onto the one that had the knife at you. 

'But it can't be her who called the police- We got her-'

'You'd never know, maybe someone saw- Let's just go first. We can get her anytime-'

Not knowing what just happened, you found the two males quickly fleeing down the alley, leaving you alone and appalled as your legs gave way.

'Jieun? Yoon Jieun!' You could not contemplate anything that was happening, not even realising that Taekwoon has appeared right before you, his hand quickly fumbling through your bag for a handkerchief before pressing it against your neck.

Taekwoon was panicking as he saw your blank stare while you breathed heavily, you weren't even looking at him. But you also did not notice that the siren was fading off in the background.

'Yoon Jieun? Can you hear me? It's Taekwoon. Jung Taekwoon.'


 

 

 




Taekwoon watched as the nurse tended to the cut on your neck. It wasn't too deep to do much harm, but a few stitches were still necessary.

Why did you try to save me?

If only it wasn't me. If it was Leo, I wouldn't have had to watch you without being able to do anything. If that police siren didn't come, you would have been-

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a strong grip on his hand, and shifted his attention back to you. Taekwoon could see the clear look of fear from your teary eyes.

'It'll be good if you can keep her distracted while I do this.' Taekwoon stiffened at what the nurse said. Keep her distracted? How?

There's nothing to talk about- But I can't just leave her like this-

'You play really well.'

The nurse first thought that he was your boyfriend. But seeing the awkwardness that Taekwoon was showing, she was starting to doubt your relationship. But quickly concentrated on finishing up your stitches.

'I miss seeing you performing in the school concert band.' 

Then there was silence as he diverted his sight away from you. 

'Not saying you don't do well with Hongki and the rest. You do really well at both.'

And he continued to pause after every sentence he said. 

'I can really feel that you enjoyed it.'

'Done.' The nurse announced, which got his attention back to you again. 'I'll check in on you in 15 minutes time, and if it's okay then, you'll be good to go. Try not to talk too much in the mean time or move around in the mean time okay?' And you gave a nod to the best of your abilities.

'Thank you.' Taekwoon said to the nurse, before turning to you, however, he saw your eyes widen as you looked at someone behind him, and he followed to see what it was. 

'S-Samchon...' Taekwoon could feel your hand gripping onto his hand tightly once again as the both of you remained silent. Samchon?

Minhyuk glanced over at Taekwoon, before giving a slight nod. 'We meet again.'

And you could see that brief moment of confusion in him before he quickly got a hold of himself.

Taekwoon instantly stood up and bowed deeply, before he felt your hands wrapping around his and pulling him back to sit down next to you again.

'What happened?' Minhyuk sat on the other side of the bed as he glanced at your bandaged neck. 'And you didn't call me?'

'It was-'

'It w-was a robbery.' Taekwoon immediately snapped his head to you when you interrupted him, his eyes questioning what you just said. 

'A robber tried to kill you?' You could tell that he sounded skeptical, as his hands reached for your bandage before Taekwoon stopped him. 

'They just stitched it up for her, they'll be checking again in 15 minutes.' 

'Oh, okay. I'll take a look at it later then. Have you told the police yet?' 

And Taekwoon felt your hand tightening around his again, feeling a slight tremble from you. 

If they tell the police- Sunbae will get into trouble- They can't- 'They already talked to me before you came.' 

Minhyuk could tell that you were hiding something, from how you avoided his eye contact, and especially when Taekwoon was staring at you in disbelief. 

'Where's Hakyeon?' Minhyuk glanced at Taekwoon briefly before he looked at you.

'We didn't call him yet. I found her before they could do anything else.' Taekwoon answered. 

'Okay. May I have your full name, Leo?'

'Jung Taekwoon.' 

'Jieun, you stay here for a moment okay? I'll talk to Taekwoon for a bit.'

'O-okay.'

 

 

 

He saw me when it was Leo. But Leo probably behaved himself right? Jieun was around. Jieun wouldn't have let Leo do anything to him. Right?  

Minhyuk watched Taekwoon in silence for a few moment, noticing how the younger male was jittery as his eyes darted all around the corridor. 

It's different. 'Taekwoon, do you like Jieun?'

That, was a question that he did not expect, and he uttered unconsciously. 'H-Huh-'

'Are you dating Jieun?' 

Taekwoon couldn't get himself to answer this question either. He didn't know how much of Leo your uncle has seen, or what Leo could have said. And all he did was keep quiet as he lowered his head. 

A sigh was heard, and the last question finally got Taekwoon to look at Minhyuk. 'You have DID, don't you?'


 

 




You watched Taekwoon warily as he helped you into bed, not knowing what to say. It was the closest you have been with him, or at least this side of him, and you were worried. Since this side of him didn't seem to like you a lot.

After pulling the blanket over you, you quickly held onto his hands before he could turn away, and slowly sat back up. 'Sunbae, I'm sorry.'

'I should be the one apologizing.' He was still standing a distance away as you held onto his wrist, his determination to stay away from you quickly wavering.

'I didn't listen to you either.'

'I should go. Rest well.' You started panicking when you saw Taekwoon pushing your hand off his wrist, and grabbed onto it even tighter with both hands, startling him. 

'Samchon is a doctor.' No wonder he knew. And didn't ask anything else about the robbery when he clearly didn't believe it. 

'Yoon Jieun.' Taekwoon said sternly, giving you a warning as he looked at your hands, but you did not falter. 

'Stay with me.' He bit onto his lips as he heard your voice tremble,trying hard to avoid looking at you while your hand tugged onto him lightly. 'Please.' 

That was it. Jung Taekwoon, you're going to regret this. But he could not get himself to beat his conscience speaking into his head. 

'I did all these to you. Why are you still not listening?' Sitting down on your bed, he kept his voice cold, hanging on to the slightest hope that he still had the chance to turn back. 

'Sunbae didn't do anything.'

'It's all because of me, the previous time you got locked up, this time too.'

'It's not your fault.' Your soft voice and warmth was doing nothing to help Taekwoon in controlling himself. 

'Yoon Jieun, why are you doing this to me?' 

At last, you managed to get Taekwoon to look into your eyes, and he was no longer pulling away from you. 

'Taekwoon sunbae, you're not alone.'

'You don't have to care-'

'Sunbae, you have me with you. I'll help you.' 

This time, it was the other way round as he was now squeezing onto your small hands unknowingly. 

'I like you, Taekwoon sunbae.' 

You froze when you felt his soft lips on yours as he gently kissed you, holding you as though you were a fragile piece of porcelain that might break at the slightest pressure imposed. It was different from Leo, you could feel how carefully he treated you, his hand reaching behind you to pull you closer slightly as you succumbed yourself into his warmth.

 


 

[A/N] Update! Again!

My prelims are starting in two weeks and I tried my best to update this real soon and I hope it wasn't disappointing! I'm hoping for now that my next update wouldn't be only after December (when my national exams end) but I can't promise anything!

Anyways, do comment and subscribe, I'll really appreciate it!

(Hope that I didn't miss out some disastrous mistake in this chapter since I breezed through it real quickly when I'm done)

Thank you!

<3