Chapter 8

It Was Always You

He woke up with a start. 

 

That's how he've been waking up, ever since then. With the fear that he might have done something that wasn't morally right. 

And the first thing that he would always do was to look at the calendar which he placed by his bed. But this time, it wasn't there. 

Plus his bed wasn't supposed to be light purple in colour. And he wasn't supposed to be able to see the ground. 

It can't possibly be her house, right? Someone else must have brought me in- 

But the familiar bag resting by the side of the table told him otherwise. 

His body jerked at the sound of a door closing, followed by a click, and he soon heard the water running. 

 

 

 

'Leo?' You asked, once, twice, when you did not find him in bed as soon as you were done showering. 'Leo oppa?' 

It didn't take long for you to search through your entire house for a fully grown male, especially one who was taller than average to add. 

Did he leave? Without saying anything? 

But that's what he would do anyways. He always does things without saying anything. And with that conclusion, you continued with your preparation for school. Until another thought surfaced in your mind. 

Or was it Taekwoon sunbae? That's why he left immediately. Because he didn't know what was happening? 

 

 

 

Taekwoon quickly locked the door behind him once he entered his house, dropping onto the ground which was covered in papers, books, and everything that was shoved off his table. 

The state that his room was left in, was a sign that it was Leo's extreme side was triggered again. And the fresh wounds on his arms provided further affirmation, along with the latest message in his phone which notified him of his suspension. 

However, the hardcopy of that same suspension letter was supposed to be pasted on his door, right where he could see it. That was what Leo always did. 

But not only was it missing, he woke up to find himself in someone else's room. Your room, to be exact. 

And it was easy to guess that Leo has definitely been bothering you. And you wouldn't have randomly called him out in the middle of the night like previously. 

Does she know about it? Does she know that it wasn't me?

... And just what does he want?

He didn't hurt her, did he? 

 

 

 

 

'Your friend didn't follow you here today?' 

'You mean Hakyeon oppa?' The person before you nodded his head, while your hands fiddled with the pen that you found lying on the table. 'I didn't tell him that I was coming today.'

'Yeah, you're lucky that your uncle's clinic is in Seoul and that he just happened to have an empty slot for you to pop by today.' Uncle. His age, wasn't anywhere near that of your parents', barely seven years older than you, but you still had to call him that whenever the elders were around. 'So what happened to you?'

'I'm running out of it.' 

That successfully resulted in a change in mood as he took up your bottle of pills which was near empty, and narrowed his eyes at you. 'I thought I decreased your dosage the previous time?'

'I couldn't sleep nowadays again, so I kind of resumed my original dosage...'

He frowned. 'On your own accord.'

'Yeap.' 

'You could have at least texted me to ask if it was safe?' 

'But it is, right? It's not as if I took even more more.' 

'That is true to a certain extent.' He shook his head once and sighed. 'Too much things on your mind nowadays?'

'No... Kinda... Yeah.' And your answers gradually changed when you saw how he glared at you. 

'I don't think you'll talk about it with me, but it'll be better if you talk it out with Hakyeon or your friends. And don't think too much.' Scribbling on paper, followed by a few taps, and the cycle continued. 'It's not nightmares right? Just insomnia?'

'Yeah. If it's nightmares, I wouldn't be living alone right now.'

'And I still don't get how your parents allowed you to live alone. A young girl at that.'

'I can take care of myself okay! I'm old enough!'

'Sureee. Anything else that I can help you with?' 

'No. I mean. Yes. There is.' It wouldn't harm to ask right? Seeing you hesititate for a slight moment, he gestured for you to go on. 'Do you know about dissociative identity disorders?' 

'What about it?'

'Well, I saw something about it in a handout and was wondering what it was. The person will have multiple personalities right?' He nodded. 'Will he be dangerous then? To people around him, if he has that disorder?' 

'Not necessarily, but if there's a violent personality, it will be. Not only to people around him, but to himself too.'

That immediately alarmed you. 'To himself?'

'Those personalities often aim to take over the main body.'

'H-How?'

'Their appearances get more frequent and longer, and they eventually get strong enough to control everything.' 

'Then if that happens, the violent personality will continue to harm others right? Since, it's what they always do?'

'That's one way to put it. They are often stubborn and firm, want things to be done their way. And possessive too.' He paused. 'Provided that they do find things which they want to possess, apart from the times when they just go about destroying everything and anything they see.'

'How did it happen? The disorder?'

'It can be trauma. Or isolation at an early age.' Trauma? 'I didn't know that you were interested in these things.'

'O-Oh. It's nothing. I just suddenly thought of it since I've never actually heard of it until I saw the handout.' 

'You have lessons that talk about it?'

Why is he harping on this now? 'They didn't actually talk talk on it, it's just, I saw a poster along the corridors about an upcoming talk about disorders and it was under the description.'

'Mm, that's interesting.' 

'Yeah.. Sort of. I think I'm taking up too much of your time. I'll go first then?'

'Sure, and remember to call me if you're not feeling well okay? And don't depend too much on the sleeping pills.'

'Mm. Thank you!' And you quickly made your escape, before he found out that that poster never existed. 

 


 


For the following days, it was back to no signs of Leo, or Taekwoon. Probably because it is his suspension term. His- Theirs- You didn't know. 

Despite their lack of appearances, lessons were still often disrupted by your random thoughts trailing back to Taekwoon, with only a few occasions of you paying full attention to the lecturer. 

And that one day of physical activities not only managed to gain 100% of your attention, it also managed to freshen you up. 

Your eyes were too fixated on the ball, determined to actually provide help to your team, and after running about the court for twenty minutes, your vision was limited only to that spherical item, that you didn't notice the people that were heading towards the same place as you. 

'Ah!-' You yelped when you landed onto the ground, while the male whom you collided, stood unfazed thanks to his taller built, but he immediately knelt down beside you to examine the damage that he has done. 

'Are you okay? I'm so sorry Jieun- I didn't see you-' More people were starting to crowd around you and you could feel the air getting significantly warmer as you tried to wave them off.

'It's okay, I just wasn't looking around- I'm okay.' You smiled, about to stand back up, until one face appeared right next to you among the crowd. 

'Are you able to stand?' 

Aish, he saw how I fell. Must have been so dumb. You placed your hand on his for him to pull you up, though it only had you plopping back down onto the grown with another yelp instead. 

'It seems even more serious than I've thought. Get on my back, I'll bring you there.' 

'It's okay Hakyeon oppa-' You shook your head, flailing your arms around as he tried to hook it around his neck, only to have him frowning at you. 

'No it's not.' Hakyeon opened his mouth to say those words, but it wasn't his voice that you heard. 

And in the next moment, you felt yourself getting lifted up, and the person carrying you easily shoved through the crowd, with you staring blankly at his face. 

'Yah! Jung Taekwoon!' 

He disregarded the other male as he continued walking, and his name that was repeatedly being yelled across the field. 

You didn't expect to see him at all. The last being that night when he appeared at you door. And now he was back in front of you, as though that night never happened. 'L-Leo.' 

'You're welcome.'

'You don't have to do this- I'm heavy.' 

'Why are you being shy all of a sudden.' 

'I-I'm not.' 

'It's not like you to stutter.' 

It's not everyday that I get carried bridal style through half of the school compounds with everyone staring at me either. 'How do you know it's not like me. You don't know me well enough to say that.' 

'Then I can just start knowing you now.' 

'But it's not fair, if you know me but I don't know you.' 

'Then you can ask me about anything that you want to know.' 

Murmurs were heard as all the attention was on the both of you the entire trip to the sick bay, and when the nurse saw you, her eyes widened as she gasped. 'Oh my, what happened to you!' 

'I fell-' 

'Someone else needs help at the field.' The nurse gasped again while you stared at Leo. Wasn't it just me- 

'Really? Will you be okay on your own here?' 

'Yeah.' 

'Okay. Be careful! I'll be back soon.' And with that, the nurse rushed off.

You still couldn't get what Leo meant as he closed the door, locking it behind him before placing you down on the bed. 'What was that for?' 

'I don't like getting disrupted.' 

'What do you mean?' 

'I don't like it when people disturb my time with you.' 

'Why?' You didn't think much of the close proximity that you were in as he sat down next to you, simply questioning his previous actions. 

And you did not even realize how his face was getting closer to yours, until you saw your vision being blocked, and felt something soft on your lips for a brief moment, before it was gone. 

'Because you're mine.' He said indifferently, as if he did not just kissed you, on your lips. As if it was the most normal thing to do. 'And you're not supposed to get injured without my permission.' 

You stared at him in shock, your lips still slightly parted. This isn't how things should be-

'What's with you?' You finally gained back your senses as you flung a pillow at him with all the strength that you have left. 

'You're mine. We're dating. And no one will take you away from me.' He stated, there was no expressions of any sort, be it on his face, or his tone. And you were thoroughly confused. 

'Wait, when did I agree to- What?!' 

'You don't need to agree. If I say so, that means it is.' 

'That's not how things should work!' 

'Then how should it work?' That's when you remembered. That the person before you. Was just a personality. That's the reason to his absurdity. How you could not comprehend his actions. 

I don't know. 'It just shouldn't be that way.' 

'Then help me. Help me know how things should work. How a couple is supposed to be like.' 

'How would I know how a-' Your voice trailed off when you saw Leo snapping his eyes shut all of a sudden as his eyebrows furrowed.

'N-Not now. That bastard-' You vaguely heard him mumbling under his breathe, his hands grabbing onto his head as his weight leaned towards you. 

'Leo? Leo are you okay?'

 

 

 

The moment the door was unlocked, he rushed in, but never was he expecting to find your arms around Taekwoon as his head rested on your lap.

'What happened?' The nurse was the next one to burst into the room, pushing past Hakyeon who was frozen by the door as she made her way to your side. 

'I think the door autolocked when it closed just now, and sunbae suddenly wasn't feeling well and fainted and I couldn't move-'

'Oh no, you must have been worried sick. It's okay, let's get him onto the other bed for now.' She turned to Hakyeon who was still rooted to the ground, 'Student, Can you help me with him?' 

 

 

You were expecting it, the moment you saw Leo appear, and carry you away right before Hakyeon. And you knew he was not going to be happy, after all the warnings which he gave. 

'Do you not have anything to say to me?' He asked, staring straight at you, while you pursed your lips and stared at his shirt instead. 'Do you need a hint?' 

Still, no response was heard from you. 

'I told you not to get close to him, and then today, he appears out of nowhere, and carries you off to the sick bay. And locked everyone out. Are you still going to say that you have been keeping away from him?'

I wasn't the one who approached him first- He bumped into me. And the other time- I was looking for you. 

'He's dangerous, Jieun. What I'm saying is for your sake. It really is.' 

'Why? Why is he dangerous?' And you finally looked up at him. 

'I've known him longer than you do.' 

'Were you friends?' 

You saw him hesitate. While he didn't know whether he should lie or to speak the truth. 

'That's not something you should do to a friend. You should be there when he needs help.' 

That's when he remembered. That day when he saw Taekwoon smiling at you from afar, when he thought that Hakyeon didn't notice. 

 


 

[A/N] Whee another update! 

(Just an heads up, I wouldn't be able to update until early October since my papers are starting in a week's time which I have yet to start revision on ahahahahah) I'll try to update once my paper ends which if I didn't remember wrongly is about 30 Sep or something xD

And thank you so much for the comments and subscribes!! 

<3