Chapter 4

It Was Always You

'I'm really okay, I wasn't kidnapped or anything. See?' You said for the umpteenth time as you turned away from your homework to look at Hakyeon, who has been staring at you for the entire time.

'What happens if you're kidnapped for real?'

'I'll bite and kick them and make sure that they die a painful death.' The expression on his face remained the same even as wielded your pen at him.

'It's not something to joke about.' Oppa's taking this too seriously... 

'Hakyeon oppa, don't worry, it wouldn't happen. Why would anyone want to kidnap me anyways? I don't live in a mansion.' You don't even know how dangerous it might be-

'What about your phone?'

'I'll just check the lost and found office when I get back to school. Probably dropped it somewhere.' You shrugged as you looked at him who nodded slightly. 'Then oppa are you going to do your work now?'

Without a word, he turned his chair back to face the table, and finally took out his notes, but before even uncapping his pen, he spoke again.

'What was he doing there?'

Who doing where? ... Oh. 'You mean Taekwoon sunbae?'

'You know him?'

'Not really, but oppa knows him, don't you?'

'How did you get his name?'

'Um- Uh- I forgot.' Wait. How did I actually know his name? Must have heard it somewhere before-

'Whatever the case. Stay away from him.'

'Hmm?'

But he did not respond to you anymore as he kept quiet for real.

 


 

'Dum. Dudududum. Dudum.' You mumbled as you poked Hakyeon's side, while he was trying to get your notes from your locker again.

'Jiji.'

'Dudum. Dum.'

'I'm not a drum.'

'Dum!'

'Do you need-' Hakyeon turned to look at you, but was interrupted when your attention was caught by someone else.

'Oh! It's Jaejin oppa!'

As soon as you looked away, he quickly grabbed the pink envelopes on top of your books and shoved them into his pocket, before resuming his 'search' for your notes. 

With a slight wave at him, you were back to poking the person beside you. 'Oppa you're taking longer than-.'

'Done.' And with that, he quickly placed your books in your hands and closed the locker shut. 'What time is your practice ending today?'

You allowed yourself to be pushed away as you felt his hand on your back.

'Five-Six-ish?'

'Call me when you're done.'

'But-'

'Use one of their phones or something.' 

 

 

 

'Mmhmmhm~' You were making random sounds again as you skipped towards your locker, disregarding the judging looks that people were giving. 

The last lesson of the day had just ended, and you were back to keep your things, but the moment you opened it, a purple envelope slipped out and landed by your feet, startling you slightly. 

To: Jieun 

Me? A letter? It's not any special day today though?

Flipping it over, the envelope wasn't signed, but was sealed tight. But purple-?

'Excuse me?' Your head immediately jerked up to find someone slightly taller than you standing before you. You didn't see her around before. Must be a freshman. 'Someone asked me to pass this to you.'

She you sounded unsure as you looked at the phone in her outstretched hand. Your phone. 

'Oh. May I know who it was?'

'I'm not so sure. He was tall.' And that was exactly why he got a freshman to do it. Since he knew that his identity wouldn't be revealed that way. Or so he thought. 

'He?'

'Y-Yeah. I'm really sorry but I have to rush off for lessons now.'

'It's okay, thank you so much!'

 

 

You kept staring between the envelope and the phone as you headed towards the practice room, and had people steering away from you so that they would not knock into you. And thankfully none of them was mean enough to shout at you to get your head straight. 

Though it would have been better if they had done so, seeing that you even walked past the practice room without realizing it. 

'Looks like the clumsy one found her phone.' 

'Hehehe. I'm sorry I'm kind of late...' You bowed slightly when you entered to find them already doing warmups. 

'Lost and Found?'

'Nope. Someone found it and gave it to me.'

'Is it okay? Did anyone bug it?'

'Why would anyone want to do that?'

'But then again, how do they know that it's yours?' Right. And it was a tall he.

I don't know anymore 'tall he's other than those in this room and Hakyeon oppa, and even if he's someone that I know, he could have given it to me directly? 

'Did that person not write anything on that purple paper?' Purple paper-

'Oh- It's not given by- This dropped out of my locker just now-' And in the next moment, it was in Hongki's hands. 

'Love letter?' 

What love letter-

'Are you going to open it?'

 

 

 

Letter, letter, movie ticket- Now that's new. And this person didn't even sign off. 

The Huntsman? Why would anyone give a movie ticket without any note in the first place. That's just creepy. 

Well, either way, she wouldn't be seeing this anytime soon. 

'Hakyeon-ah, are you going out again later?'

'Yes mother!' He shouted, before dumping them in the bottom-most drawer along with the rest and locked it shut. 

 

 

 

'Do you want to keep the envelope or can I just rip it-' 

TSSSCC. 

You eyed Jonghoon as he didn't even let him finish his sentence. 

Everyone was now crowded around him as he took out a card, which garnered 'ooh's and 'aah's. 

'Jieunie, I like you a lot.' 

'Jieunie? EunIE? Who does that guy think he is-' 

'SHH. Let hyung continue reading.'

'That's it.' Hongki said as stared at the card before him. 

'What? That's it?'

'No name? Nothing at all?' 

You looked at them amusingly as the card was snatched from one hand to another as they frantically shook it around. 

'This person dares to call our Jieunie 'Jieunie'-'

'And not sign off?' 

'I guess he did use a purple paper..'

'Jieunie is this the first letter you've gotten?'

'Mmhmm?'

'Oh right. Jaejin didn't confess through a letter.'

'Hyung!' You smiled slightly when you saw his face turning red slightly at the mention of it, as he refused to look at your direction anymore. 

'Okayokay. I didn't say anything. Let's start with practice. We've wasted enough time already.'

'Says the one who started the whole thing-'

'I wouldn't have started it if she didn't come in with that purple thing.'

 

 

 

'How may I help you?' 

'N-Nothing.'

'You've been standing there staring at me for the past million years when everyone else is already gone.'

'It was just a few seconds.'

'Perhaps you want to help me lock up the room?' You shook your head as he did one last check if anything was left behind. 

'Jonghoon oppa,'

'Yeah?'

'Is Taekwoon sunbae in your class too?'

He was hoping that you didn't notice the slight flinch he made at that question, but you kind of did. 

'Why would you ask that?'

'Hakyeon oppa told me to stay away from him.'

'You know him? Is he bothering you?'

'Nooo. I was just asking.' 

'Then just listen to Hakyeon.'

 

 

He doesn't look like he's harmful though? And they didn't sound please when talking about him. Did they get into a fight before? 

You looked through the call log, checking if you missed any important calls, with dozens of them from people around you. Hakyeon, Seyoung, Jaejin, and the others. They probably took turns to spam you with calls when you didn't answer any. 

But just when you were about to keep it, a name that you've never seen before caught your attention.

Leo. 

You nearly missed it, since it wasn't bolded in red, which also meant that the call was made from your phone. 

And from the timestamp, it was before all the missed calls started coming in. 

It's nothing to be worried about! It's just someone who found your phone. That's all. 

And so you placed it next to your ear. 

'Hello?' You recognized that voice. Even though it was only a few times you heard it. But you knew it was him. 'Hello?'

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Taekwoon looked at the unknown number on his screen after he hung up. Nothing was heard from the other end when he finally decided to answer the call. Must have called the wrong number. 

But he, too, noticed the same number in his own call log a few names beneath the recent calls, seeing that he didn't call anyone that often. 

And when he looked at the date and time. And then he recalled the phone lying in his drawer. He shuddered. 

Is it her number?

He didn't even noticed when his phone slipped out of his hands.

Ploom! 

You flinched again as you stared blankly at your phone which was now lying on the ground. 

Leo? 

But it was Taekwoon sunbae who answered the phone, wasn't it? 

 


 

[A/N] I'm back!! This chapter is really short 'cos I wanted to update this asap now that my tests are over hahahaha xD

Good news!! My holidays are starting in three weeks which means I'll have more time soon!! (I hope.) 

Thank you for the comments so far!! (and whee I was actually afraid if yall would be able to get the split-personality thing hehe)

Hope that this chapter wasn't that much of a disappointment!

Don't forget to subscirbe and comment! :)

Thank You!

<3