Chapter 10

It Was Always You

Hakyeon wouldn't mind if the rumour was about you and himself. But the thing that was bothering him is that he knew who it was immediately, and that it wasn't him.

'What do you mean?' You asked as you felt Hakyeon moving closer to you, his hand resting on your shoulder protectively as he eyed the phone in Seyoung's hand.

'This is posted on the school forum. It's you, isn't it?'

It was clear that it was you, but the male's face was blocked as the photo only captured his side view when he pulled you out of the restaurant, your hand held firmly in his. Which you didn't notice until you saw the picture before you. 

'What makes you think that he's my boyfriend? He can be my cousin for all you know.' You shrugged, not understanding what the big deal was. 

'Come on, he's wearing our school uniform. And I'm pretty sure you don't have a tall, hot, male cousin in our school, since I would have found out straight away.'

You paused for a moment as you squinted at the picture, from what angle can anyone even tell that he's hot? I can't even see anything?

'Who's that?' You were startled when you found Hakyeon's face right next to yours, and your hand instinctively reached out to wave the phone away.

'Leo. It's nothing to worry about oppa, he just wanted to have someone to eat with.'

'Leo? Who's Leo?'

He could easily come up with 101 things that he was unhappy with that photo of the both of you. They could have at least kept it discreet, couldn't they?

'Hakyeon oppa?' You were starting to get worried as Hakyeon's expression looked grim, still staring into the air where the phone was just moments ago. 

Jung Taekwoon. Why are you doing this?

'Oppa, nothing happened to me hmm? He didn't harm me or anything. It's going to work out fine.' You chirped, hoping to wipe the slight frown off his face. But you didn't know the true reason behind his drop in mood. 

'That's good to hear.' He mumbled at last, ruffling your hair half-heartedly as he pulled you in the direction back home.


 

 



'Bloop.'



'Bloop bloop.'



'Bloop bloop bloop.'



Just as your mouth was about to open again, Hakyeon interrupted you without turning to look at you. 'Jiji, did you ever realize that this is why you're not doing well in your studies?'

'But you're busy.'

'You should first attempt to do your work.'

'But you're busy.'

'What do I have to do with your work?'

'You know I can't do anything without you.' You finally crawled out of his bed as you reached for the empty chair next to him by his desk.

'Says the one who doesn't even listen to me.' He smiled slightly at you as you stumbled into the chair, still refusing to get started with your work. 

'But you know that I can't live without you.' You giggled as you hugged onto his arm lightly before robbing his pencil case away. 

'I shouldn't have been friendly with you when we first started the tutoring. Look what happened.' 

'You earned yourself a lovely dongsaeng!' You exclaimed, earning yourself a light smack on your head. 

 




'Is that the last instrument to move?'

'Yeap!' You replied to your junior before you, and she went rushing back to the auditorium.

You were currently lugging a snare drum down the stairs when a pair of hands grabbed it away from you.

It was when the band was looking for a replacement for occasions that Minhwan wasn't around, that they picked you out from your section in the school's concert band. And from then, you spent your time with the boys instead of your previous role as a percussionist. However, you would always help your section out whenever they had to shift their instruments from one location to another.

Which explained what you were doing when Leo found you.

'Who's making a girl do all these?' You were immediately on alert when his first sentence already came off with angst.  

'I'm not the only gi-' You tried retrieving the drum back, but was blocked by Leo's tall frame as he stood between it and you.

'Who's making MY girl do all these?' His voice was getting louder, and the emphasis he just made was not helping in getting the attention off you.

'Leo I've been doing this since the very start-'

'Shh.' He spat, not wanting you to actually have a chance to make sense.

'Then help me-'

'No.' Without wasting another second, Leo turned away and shouted at a random student who happened to walk by. 'You! Yes you over there. Come over and help my-'

'NO! It's okay! I can do it by myself!' You quickly intersected, grabbing hold of Leo and hurriedly waving the kid off. Which was obviously not a smart thing to do seeing who you were with right then. 

'What do you think you're doing-' You tried not to let his veins disturb you as you held your stand firmly. 

'I- Leo-' You gripped onto his arm firmly, 'Just let me do it, please oppa?'

You still didn't know what you were supposed to do whenever he got agitated, seeing how his expression was still not the best. But when you decided to be involved with him, you didn't want anyone else to end up getting inconvenienced too. 

'It isn't much, I just have to move this and I'll be done.'

 

 



'I'm sorry it took so long- I didn't know they would talk so much, maybe since they didn't see me for quite a while already...' Your voice died off when you realized that Leo wasn't paying attention to a single thing you said as he turned his back on you and headed down the hall. 'Leo? Leo oppa?' This guy gets sulky so easily oh gosh. You shook your head slightly as you hid your smile at his childishness.

'Oppa? Are you mad?'

He finally stopped to look at you when you were out of the school gates. 'I should be coming out on weekends or something. Why is he letting me out-' You immediately froze when you saw him aiming his finger nail at his own arm.

'Leo!' He frowned as he glared at you. It was the second time you shouted at him that day. 'Don't do that.' You added, softer this time. 

'Why?'

W-Why? 'I-I'm scared of blood.' You mumbled softly, without looking up at him. And you didn't see how his eyes wavered.

Not waiting for a response, you linked your hand with his, before dragging him away.

He didn't know what's with the sudden guilt that he felt when he heard you. He has never felt something like it before. 

You were taken aback when he asked why. Why did you stop him? I had to, right? How can I let him harm himself? But why was Taekwoon the first thing that popped up in your mind?

Leo looked at you as he felt your grip on his hand tightening unknowingly. Is she that scared of me? Then why is she not running away?

'Where are we going?'

'My house.'

'Why?'

You looked up at him, to find that he no longer had his veins sticking out, and his eyebrows etched in worry as he stared at you. 'You want to spend time with me, don't you?'


 

 


Leo looked at you strangely as you sat him down by your desk, before digging out something from your drawer, and having his hands in yours again.

And he found himself weirdly at a lost for words when you started t his nails for him.

'Why?'

Whenever he asked that, you started doubting yourself. But you always convinced yourself that you merely wanted to help him. As a friend. You didn't want to see anyone harming themselves. Especially when he didn't have anyone around him to understand him.

'Do you like him? That's why you stopped me?'

'No I don't.'

'Then do you like me?'

'I don't want to see you injured.'

'Me or him?'

'You.'

'Why me?'

'Because you treat me nicer than him.'

That caught him off guard. 'Really?' But doesn't that jerk like her too?

'I thought you hated talking about him?' 

'How is it that your hands are so small?' You found your hands back in his grip even after you're done, and ended up looking straight at him. 

'How is it that you're so annoying?'

'Why are your hands so smooth?'

'Because I don't go about harming people.'

'Why are you so rebellious?'

Does he even hear himself right n- Your stare turned into a glare, but widened your eyes in shock when he did it again. He grinned as he saw how your lips parted slightly in shock, something that never failed to happen whenever he pecked your lips. 

'You do know that you're debt is increasing right? I'm going to start losing count of the kisses you owe me if you keep this up.' 

You bit onto your lip lightly as you could not get yourself to respond. 

'Your hand fits perfectly into mine.' He did not move his face away from yours as he smirked. 'Maybe because you're mine.'

'And mine only.'



 





From: Unknown Number
Hey, is this Yoon Jieun? I found something that seems like it belongs to the band. Do you mind meeting me at the junior seminar room at 4pm so that I can pass it to you? They might have left it here some time ago.


4pm? I can make it just in time since classes should have ended by then.

You: Oh okay! Sure! Thank you!

Did they go over there to practice? Maybe they forgot the smaller instruments amongst all the larger ones when they were moving them again. 

And with that, you didn't question the message anymore as you returned your attention to the lecturer at the front of the room. 

 




Junior seminar room, junior seminar room. Where was it again? You thought to yourself as you did not notice that you were wandering further into the buildings behind the main block. I thought they didn't use these rooms anymore unless for big events?

Staring up at the direction signs, you accidentally bumped into someone, stumbling slightly before standing back up straight. 'Oh! I'm so sorry!' You shouted, 'By the way do you know where- Never mind...' You shrugged as the male was no longer in sight. That was fast? 

 

 

 



'Found it! Must have been from ages ago if they actually left something here-' You stepped into the room, searching for the light switch. 'Is the person not here yet?' You mumbled to yourself as your fingers fumbled for the switch in the dark. But it wasn't turning on no matter how many times you clicked on it.

Click.

You snapped your head at the direction of the door and felt a chill went up your spine. 

This isn't- You quickly turned the knob, but the door stayed firmly shut. You must be kidding me. What's with this room?

You continuously struggled with the door and light switches, but to no avail. And that was when you noticed that you didn't even realize that the entire block was empty when you were searching for the room you were in. 

Your hands immediately flew into your pocket, but your phone was no longer where it was. 

You didn't come across anyone. Except for the guy you bumped into. 

This can't be-

'H-Hello? Is anyone there?' You were starting to panic as you were surrounded by empty desks and chairs in the darkness, and your voice echoed around the room. 

 

 

 





'Do you really have to do this? I thought you liked her?'

'It's not even that bad. And this is what she gets for not responding to my letters, and starts dating that nutcase.'

'But I don't think they are official. Maybe it's a one-sided thing?'

'She held onto his hands. I saw her initiating it.'

'What about the letters, did you remember to sign off?'

'I did. I even left my number. She can't miss it.'

'But are you sure about it?'

'I'm not just going to let her off with rejecting me for that Jung Taekwoon.'

He stiffened when he heard his name, immediately turning away when he heard the voices getting louder. His legs speeding up by the second. Yoon Jieun- 


 

 

 


 

You couldn't even tell how much time has past with neither a phone nor a watch. And the clock in the room wasn't even working anymore. Every single second felt like an hour, and you were starting to shiver as you hugged onto your knees tightly, seated on the ground by the door.

You gave up trying to force the door open when your legs started to give away, and you were trying so hard to keep your tears in. When was the last time somebody came near here? How could I have been so careless? 

But, why would anyone do this to me? Was it really a trap? 

Racking through your brains, you couldn't think of any reasons as to why you were locked up, or anyone who has something against you. 

Would anyone even realize that I'm missing? They would just think that I've gotten home safely as usual, wouldn't they? 

... And tomorrow's a Saturday... 

 

 

 

 

 

You were tired, but you couldn't get yourself to let your guard down for even a brief second due to fear.

You wanted to think positive thoughts. But it was impossible no matter how hard you tried. Maybe a janitor will find me in here? Or, Hakyeon oppa will start looking for me right? He will, wouldn't he? Maybe one of the oppas? But they wouldn't look for me out of nowhere-

 

 

 

 

Your heart skipped a beat when a click resounded through the room, and finally caught a glimpse of light as the door finally opened. 

 

 

 

 

'O-Oppa-' 

 


 

[A/N] I'M BACK! (Please don't hate me for my disappearances ><) I went through a slump and then school happened and I just couldn't seem to write anything for my fics, but I'm coming back to it slowly! 

I hope my next update wouldn't be too long later, and that this chapter was okay!

Comments and subscribes would be greatly appreciated!

(I'm so terribly sorry for the late update again Dx)

Thank you!

<3