Chapter 3

It Was Always You

You settled in the seat nearest to the back door as you took out your phone and notebook, before putting on your glasses. Your eyesight weren't exactly considered bad, it's just that when you were too far away from the board, you needed it sometimes. And in this case, you had to leave halfway through the lecture, so you had no choice but to take the seats in the last row. 

What is she doing here again? Is she here for Hakyeon? But I don't see him around?

But before he could look away, you saw him. 

You immediately smiled, waving as you finally saw a familiar face, but right after, he turned away and headed to the other side of the room, without even acknowledging you at all.

Did he not see me? I'm pretty sure that he was looking here though? Or did he forget already? He always doesn't seem to remember me.  



As the lecture started and all eyes were to the front, Taekwoon glanced over at you slightly from where he sat, and saw you frowning slightly. Is she frowning because I turned away? 

Now and then, he would find himself staring at you as you scribbled down some notes, and whenever your head tilted slightly, he would immediately turn back to the front. 

Halfway through the lecture, he turned to your direction again, but this time, all that was left was an empty seat. 


 



'Where were you? I didn't see you during our break just now.'

'I was helping oppa take down notes for his lecture.' You answered without looking at her as you engaged in your nth battle with your locker. 

'Hakyeon sunbae?'

'Mhmm. He's sick.' 

'So you attended his lectures for him?' Your friend eyed you weirdly, not bothering to offer you any help at all, even though she was a few inches taller than you. 

'Yeah? I only attended those which coincided with my breaks.' 

'He's lucky to have such a nice girlfriend. I want someone to help me take notes for the lectures that I miss too!'

Where were my sticks again?- You fumbled through your mountain of notes and books, but they were nowhere to be found. 'What girlfriend?' 

'Nothing. It would have been perfect if you're just a little less clumsy. Friend, what did you lose this time?'

'I can't find my sticks. There's practice later and I'm going to be killed if I forgot my sticks again. I kind of majorly scratched Minhwan oppa's sticks the last time.'

You heard a sigh coming from beside you. 'Are you sure that it's even in there?'

'Yeah, I saw it here this morn-' You stopped as you saw the tip of the light brown stick in the corner. 'Found it!'

'And where's the other one?' Seyoung shook her head as she took it from you, and your search continued. 

'I'm certain it's somewhere in here. Do you want to help me with this?'

'No. You should call your boyfriend or something. I'm pretty sure Hakyeon sunbae is the only one who knows where your stuff are.'

'But I demanded for him to sleep. I can't call him right now.'

'I don't think he'll be sleeping at like 1pm though-'

'YES!!!'

You exclaimed when you finally spotted the other stick after 10 whole minutes throwing things around your locker. 

But it all happened to fast. With your excitement. And before you could even fully comprehend what just happened, you heard a smack, followed by a loud thud as it landed on to the ground. 

You froze as he bent down to pick the stick up, before heading towards you, and by the side of your eyes, you could see Seyoung edging away. 

Great job, now he'll definitely remember you. You mentally screamed at yourself as his eyes bored into you. 

'I'm really sorry sunbae, it was an accident! It just-'

His glare did not waver as he stared at you before placing it in your hands and turned around without a single word. 

Is he mad? He's mad isn't he? It must have hurt- Of all places it smacked onto his shoulder- 

'Sunbae, are you mad at me? I'm really sorry, it slipped out of my hands...' You pouted unknowingly as you pulled onto his arm. 

He was getting ticked off as he looked down at the contact you made, Who is she? 

'Taekwoon sunbae?' You asked again when you didn't get a reponse, but all he did was scanned you from head to toe, slowly. As though he was judging you. 

Oh. Him.. Then is she-? 

With a last glare thrown at you, he flung your hand off and turned away once again, while you remained rooted to the ground this time. 

'I think you just got dumped.' 

'H-Huh?'

'Do you know him?' 

'Yea- Not really but- Yeah? Actually-' 

'Are you okay?' 

'No- Yeah?' 

She pointed at the direction he just went in. 'Is he that good looking that you have to go all gaga over him?' 

'What are you talking about?'

'Now now, you can't do this okay. You just met him today, you can't just give up on your secret latte admirer can you?' You were still slightly out of it as you allowed yourself to be steered away by Seyoung, probably towards where practice was going to be held. 'And next time please think before you do aegyo to someone whom you do not know.'

'But I-' 

'What if your latte admirer finds out that you've fallen for someone immediately just because of his looks? But then again, he looked like he has an awful temper. Or maybe just a lack of social skills. What was that man?' 

'Seyoung-ah,'

'Hmm?' 

'I just flung my sticks at him. I was flustered. Not that-' 

'You fell for him.' 

'Yea- No. I mean, no it's not that I fell for him. I said that I didn't.' 

'Oh yeah right.' 

'He's not even my type! He glared at me okay!' 

'That's because you flung your sticks at him.' 

'He glared at me even after I apologized! And he scanned me up and down so obviously!' 

'Oh yeah, you have your Hakyeonie oppa. Nearly forgot about that.' 

'Hakyeon oppa isn't my boyfriend.' 

'You didn't say that he isn't your type.' 

'Yah!' 

'Wait, did you call him by his name just now?' 

'Yeah?' 

'So you do know him?' 

'Kinda.' 

'But he doesn't seem as though he know you.' 

I thought so too. And it's definitely not the first time already. 

'Jieun-ah, I'm sorry to break this news to you. But I think you just got dumped big time.' 

'I told you that I don't like him!'

 

But it didn't seem like Taekwoon sunbae? The previous time I bumped into him, his voice and tone was different. And the way he looked at me from head to toe. He didn't sound like how he did today. And from this morning. 

Wait.

He didn't even speak just now. Neither did he this morning.

But how was it that- 

He was heading out of school again, wasn't he? 


 


'Ehem.' You ignored the person as you continued hitting the drumset. 'Yoon Jieun.'

'Y-Yeah?'

'Do you want to take a look at what you're hitting on right now?' 

You flinched when only then did you realize that your stick was hitting repeatedly onto the metal rim of the drumset. 'I-I'm sorry.'

'Did something happen?' Jaejin asked as he placed down his bass, while the rest took the chance to have a short break.

'N-No.'

'There's definitely something wrong if you're stuttering and looking away.'

'It's really nothing. But. Just that-'

'Yeah?'

'Can a person feel extremely different?'

You turned to glare at Jonghoon when he choked on his water, but Jaejin waved him off. 'Continue?'

'Like. If you close your eyes. You'll think that it's definitely two different people. But when you look at him, he is that one same person.'

'Him? Did our Jieunie get a-'

'Shh. What do you mean?'

'It's the vibe.' You frowned as you knew that you weren't making sense at all, and the other people in the room were already about to burst into laughter. 'Fine. I'm not going to say anything anymore.'

'I'm not too sure who that person is, but don't think too much about it okay? If it still bothers you, let me know.'

'Yeah, you wouldn't want Minhwan to come back and see what you've done to his drums. Piak piak piak.' Seunghyun added, not forgetting to attempt an awfully bad mimick of what you did just before that. 

 


 

Two days later.

 

'Where's Ji?' Hakyeon asked as he saw Seyoung alone by your locker that afternoon. 'Washroom?'

'Wasn't she with you sunbae?' 

'What- Wait. You didn't see her at all today?' 

'She haven't been replying to my texts since last night, and Jaejin sunbae was just asking me if I saw her-' And Seyoung was starting to panic when she saw the worried look on Hakyeon's face. 'She didn't come to school with you today?'

'I thought she came with you when she didn't answer my call either-' Nothing happened, right? 'Did she not come for lessons today?'

'I just assumed that she overslept or something...' She watched as he frantically dialed for your number again, but it didn't get through. 

'Damn it. I'll go to her place to check. Let me know immediately if you manage to find her.'

 

 

 

'I didn't see her today hyung.' He groaned as he looked around the cafe. 'Why-'

And just then, he saw a familiar figure across the road through the glass window, and immediately left without thinking.

'Thanks.'

 

 

 

You yelped when you were suddenly grabbed by your shoulders, and was turned to meet face to face with the person who has been on your mind for the most unknown reasons. 

'Sunbae? What are you doing here?'

And he did it again. The scanning. 'You're okay?' He wasn't sure if he was actually asking you that, as it seemed to him that he was asking himself instead. 

You looked up at the person before you, and then looked at yourself. 'Why wouldn't I be?'

You were startled when his grip on your shoulders tightened slightly as he did not remove his eyes from you. 

'Taekwoon sunbae? Is something wrong?'

I thought something bad happened by the way Hakyeon and your friend was saying it just now- 

But all he did was look at you as he did not say another word.

'You-' His hands immediately slipped off when he was jerked back all of a sudden. 

'Oppa!' And that got his attention away from Taekwoon. 'What are you doing here too?'

'Are you okay? What happened to you? Are you injured? Did he-' He stopped when he realized that you were unharmed, as you blinked at him, not knowing what was with the worry in his tone. 

'Hakyeon oppa, I'm fine. See?' You giggled lightly as you lifted your arms, while the two males were unamused.

'Then why haven't you been answering your phone?'

'I lost it, that's all.'

'And you weren't in school today?' 

'I had an external course to attend just now, and I might have forgotten to tell Seyoung about it...' 

'You sure that you're okay?' Hakyeon asked again, still unable to calm down as he stared at you. 

'Yepp!'

'Then let's get you home first. And I'll have to call Seyoung...' You looked down as he held your hand in his while he started to pull you towards the direction of your house. 

'Oppa, stop worrying, I'm okay aren't I?' You grinned, but all you got was a slight glare as he talked into his phone. 

'Found the stupid idiot. She lost her phone...' 

As his attention was no longer with you, you turned slightly to look over your shoulder, but Taekwoon was no longer there. 

This time it's like that time outside the lecture theatre. It's different. Again. 





He was relieved when he saw that you were unharmed, but then again, he knew that you were probably going to question him about his sudden appearance out of nowhere. And it was something that he had no confidence in answering. It wasn't as if he could confess, saying that he overheard them talking and was worried about you. He was in no position to be worried about you.

And then the accusing look that Hakyeon shot him the moment he saw him. 

Taekwoon shook his head, trying to get everything out of his mind, until he felt something vibrate in his drawer. 

Isn't my phone in my pocket- 

And after he removed the few pieces of paper above it, he saw a flashing screen on a phone that wasn't his, that was indeed in his drawer before him. 

     Incoming Call: Hakyeonie Oppa 

What is this doing here- 

His hands shook as he took out the phone, before noticing a slip of paper beneath it in a handwriting which is all too familiar. 

She's kind of cute. 

 



[A/N] So much for I'll try to update at least once per month hehe. I'm really sorry for the delay!

This chapter might be a little confusing (i was also getting confused while writing it) but it will probably be better in the following chapters! I'm really sorry if this was disappointing ><

Thank you for the subscribes and comments though!

Thank you!!

<3