Fix Me

Don't Break My Heart

Walking through the halls alone in the morning made me feel depressed.

Sana had went back to Japan the night before, and I told her that I would miss her when we were at the airport.

"It will only be four days!"

"I know, but still!" I pouted.

"Well, I won't be able to text you much."

"That's okay."

Silence.

"Goodbye."

"Bye."

I never thought I would feel so lonely in my life. Especially when Byun Baekhyun came behind me while I was on my way to class.

"Hey, Blondie! Yah, I'm talking to you!"

"Leave me alone, Baekhyun."

"Where's your little friend? Did she ditch you?"

I kept walking, but he caught up and stood in my way. "She went back to Japan, right?" He smirked, and I felt something in the pit of my stomach. He was going to bring it back up again. "You should too. We don't need you in our country."

I glared at him. I was fuming, and Baekhyun loved that. Seeing my clenched fists, he smirked. "You people ought to leave us alone until you apologize."

"I didn't do anything, okay? You can't blame me for what happened in the past!" I was hot with anger and embarrassment. It wasn't the first time someone had told me something similar. In fact, just the week before, I was told to leave a store by and older woman who had also blamed me for actions that happened during the war. I was fed up with it. I don't agree with those actions, as most of the country didn't and still doesn't, but everyone is pointing fingers anyways...

I took a deep breath. I won't give Baekhyun the satisfaction he wants. "Good luck on the math test."

That was enough to change his mood, and I smiled as I walked away.

 


 

I decided to hang out with Dahyun and Tzuyu at lunch. But I didn't know how to talk to them, since they were talking with each other. They started talking about boys, which made my heart sink a little because I started to ship them so hard...

Then suddenly, they looked at me.

"Hey, Momo. You dance right?"

"Ye- yeah." I was caught a bit off guard that they suddenly included me into the conversation.

"So, you can dance with Kai, isn't that right? Aaahh, he's so cool... You're so lucky!"

Kai was the name Jongin went by when performing, as mine is Peach.

I smiled shyly. "Yeah, I guess so... but we don't really talk much, outside the dance club..." I looked over. He was sitting a few tables away with his friends. Unfortunately, one of them were Baekhyun, but the others, Sehun and Jongdae, were very kind.

"Go talk to him."

I looked at Tzuyu. "What?"

"This is your chance, go talk to him!"

I looked at the table, but this time with disgust. I was looking at Baekhyun, who was laughing obnoxioulsy and pointing at an embarrassed Sehun. What kind of friend is that?! He's teasing Sehun now?! Oh, he makes me sick...

"No thanks, I'd rather not get another lecture about the war."

Dahyun looked at me confused.

"It's Baekyun. He's always like, 'Blondie this, Blondie that, apologize for the war, speak korean, get a language coach, use honorifics with me, you can't dance-'"

"Okay, I get it now," Dahyun interrupted. I laughed, embarrassed. I was getting a little carried away.

Dahyun looked over. "It that he's an , because he's really cute."

I looked over at Beakhyun. Maybe it was because I was full of hate when it came to him, but I really couldn't see what she meant.

"Let's go, you need to get closer to Kai." Tzuyu stood up and grabbed my arm, forcing me to stand against my will. "You can't be so close to him and not talk to him." She looked at me curiously. "Or... do you like him?"

I knew from the heat on my face that my face must have been a deep pink or red. "Of course, doesn't everyone... but why do you ask?"

She laughed, as if embarrassed. "It's just I was beginning to wonder if you were gay... I thought maybe you and Sana were dating. Sorry for making that kind of assumption."

Again, I felt the rush of heat in me when I heard that. "No, sorry to disappoint you." Like you and Dahyun disappointed me, whoops.

Tzuyu smiled. "Okay, well let's get you a date." She led me to the table where my crush sat with his friends, Dahyun following us.

"Kai~oppa" Tzuyu called quietly. To this, he slowly turned his head, raising his eyebrows. "I believe you know my friend, Momo?"

I bowed slightly, and acknowledged Sehun and Jongdae, kind of wishing I wasn't there because I was embarrassed and I felt Baekhyun's eyes on me. "Hi, Jongin."

He smiled. It seemed he opened up more when he heard his real name. Hearing "Kai" seemed to indicate that a fangirl was near, and maybe he didn't want to be bothered. But hearing his name, he seemed to be interested in what it was I had to say. "Hey, Momo. Ready for tonight?"

I laughed shyly and looked at my feet. "I know I didn't make leader."

"Ah, that's too bad." He chuckled. "I would have loved it if you could be the leader this year."

I looked up. "Oh."

Suddenly, the bully at the table started making gagging sounds. "Can you stop flirting, Jongin? It makes me sick that you'd say anything like that to her, of all people."

Jongin rolled his eyes. "Sorry, he's kinda racist."

"He's worse than that," I mumbled under my breath.

Jongin smiled again, making my heart skip a beat.

Then I thought of Sana.

Sana... do I love her?

Even if I feel anything for her... I knew nothing would ever happen between us.

Although I initially felt guilty that I would feel like this for Jongin, I knew that... it would be good for me. Instead of getting hurt by doing something that I would possibly be shunned for, I'll pursue Jongin.

Maybe he won't like me back. But maybe... he could fix me.