Straight as an Arrow!

Don't Break My Heart

To be honest, that wasn't the first time I found myself falling for a girl.

It started when I was back home in Japan, and I was on youtube. I was searching music videos when I discovered Gesu no Kiwami Otome. I swear, Ikoka is the most beautiful drummer in the world. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Of course, I love their music, but I think she is the reason I initially got into them.

Then there was a girl who was in my class the last year of middle school. I have no clue what it was about her that attracted me, but it was a short crush anyway. It lasted three days really.

Neither of those times did I really accept how I felt. I'm staight! Straight as an arrow!

Then years later, I'm stuck in my dorm room contemplating my feelings toward Sana.

I'm a girl. She's a girl. I'm Japanese. She's Japanese. Hmmm...

She's Bi. I'm straight.

I scratched my head. It wasn't helping. I wasn't getting anywhere.

Why would I be in love with her? Maybe I was more in love with the attention she was giving to me?

That could happen.

I laid on my bed, thinking of all the reasons I could be feeling this way.

It's not love. We're both girls, and we're both young. We hang out all the time.

It's the attention, I thought. I'm in love with the thought of someone always giving me that attention. Because I'm straight! Straight as an arrow!

I sat up and walked to my desk to do my homework. Then my phone started buzzing.

My heart skipped a beat. It was Sana.

Oh, great, I need to stop that too.

 

(Sakura is Sana, Peach is Momo)

Sakura: Momo! Are you joining the Dance Club this year?

Peach: Of course, Jongin's there! jk jk you know I love to dance :D

Sakura: You might have a chance at becoming the leader this year! ^_^

Peach: That's not gonna happen, I'm not that good

Sakura: You're great, and you will get it!

Peach: I hope, but Jongin's really good, and he was leader last year

Sakura: You only want him to be

Peach: That's not true!!

Sakura: psh

Peach: Okay fine, maybe a little, but still, I will try my best. I just don't think it will happen

Sakura: it won't happen if you say it won't happen!

Peach: OKAY FINE IT WILL HAPPEN! HAPPY?!

Sakura: yesh

Peach: ok whatevs gtg

 

I giggled a little at the conversation. Wait why am I giggling? Is it because of Sana? No it's not! It's because of Jongin! It's because we were talking about Jongin, that's what it is...

I smiled. Yes, Jongin. Ah, he's so beautiful...

 


 

 

I walked into the dance room, all the students streching. We were doing auditions.

I had already changed my clothes in my dormroom so that I had more time to stretch and warm up.

While I stretched, I had this feeling telling me to turn around. So I did.

Oh my gosh, Jongin's coming!

He smiled and waved at me, and I did the same, hoping I didn't look like a fool.

"Are you gonna shoot for leader again?" He asked

"Of course."

"Well, good luck." He held out a hand. However, I offered a fist.

"Less germs."

He chuckled and pounded my fist.

"Ya know, if I get leader I get to tell you what to do. Don't you like that?"

I tried not to show it on my face that I did. If a move wasn't executed correctly, Jongin would come over to help you fix it and sometimes he'd move you to the right position which meant he had to touch you...

Instead, I switched our roles in my head. Me telling Jongin what to do? Ah, yes, that would be a nice change! I'll have to think of it differently if I want to do well.

"We'll see who gets leader after this audition. Now go warm up, it'd be a shame if you pulled a muscle." I smiled at him, and he laughed.

After he walked away, I felt like I would collapse. Oh my gosh, Jongin came over to talk to me! Why did he do that, I'm so flustered...

Yes, I'm in love with Jongin. Because I'm straight as an arrow!