A Secret

Don't Break My Heart

The bell rang, signaling the end of school. I stood from my desk and put my belongings in my bag then slung it over my shoulder and looked around.

Sana left me!

I ran out into the hall, which was crowded with all the students leaving. Seriously, she said she wanted to talk to me! She didn't want to leave together?

Sana had told me during break that she had wanted to go to the auditorium because there was something important she wanted to tell me. We always left class together so why did she leave without me this time?

I pushed my way through the halls, moving the opposite direction of the students. On my way to the end of the hall, I felt someone grab my hair. Luckily, it slipped right out of their hand, so I kept walking. But then I felt it again, along with a "Yah, Blondie!"

Great. It was Byun Baekhyun. Again.

I decided to keep walking, but he kept pulling me hair until he finally got ahold of me and pulled me towards him.

Grabbing his wrist, I growled throught my teeth, "Let me go, Baekhyun, can't you see I have somewhere to go?"

He dragged me to an empty hall and threw me to the ground. It hurt, but I couldn't let him see that.

"It doesn't look like you're going towards your dorm. Where are you going, to meet a guy, you little ?"

I rolled my eyes. He's so weird. He's not even intimidating, really, he's trying to hard.

I stood up, brushed my skirt with my hands, and smiled. "Please excuse me, mister, but I have somewhere to go, so don't hold me up any longer." Then, rolling my eyes, I tried to walk past him, but then he held his arm up to block me.

"Where's your little friend, huh?"

"Where I'm going, is it a crime to go see her?"

Baekhyun laughed. I fidgeted, not understanding. I felt my face heat up. What's so funny?

"Your accent..." I heard him say between chuckles.

I rolled my eyes. I was tired of him teasing me because of my nationality. He was vulnerable at that point, so I pushed him out of my way and continued to walk towards the gym to my best friend.

Sana and I had been friends for nearly two years. Even though we're both Japanese, we met here in Seoul. Because we both had difficulty fitting in because of our lack of knowledge of the South Korea, as well as our limited Korean vocabulary, it was natural that we come together the way we did.

But lately, I had been feeling different towards Sana.

I didn't know how to explain it. I hadn't felt that way when we had first become friends, but there was a time when I began to... how to say it? I wanted to be around her more often, as if I wasn't around enough already. She was always the person I turned to, and she cared for me, and she helped me get through tough situations, and I wanted to do the same for her. And in doing that, I started having feelings that I couldn't explain.

Feelings that I wasn't sure I was supposed to feel.

Such as the feeling when I saw her alone in the gym, when my heart started racing when she smiled and waved at me. Was I feeling that way because of her smile, because we were alone, or because she said there was something she wanted to tell me and I was nervous?

"Thank you so much for coming!" Sana said in Japanese. It's the only language we're comfortable with so we use it with each other. She sounded nervous. "I'm sorry I left you in the classroom, I was so caught up in my thoughts, I forgot that I left you behind. I'm surprised you came this soon, I thought Baekhyun might have stopped you."

I laughed and waved it off. It wasn't that bad, so no need to tell her. I sat next to her on the bleacher. "You said you had something important to tell me?"

She nodded and sat down again. She rubbed her hands on her skirt. Yep, nervous.

"Yes... I wanted to tell you a while ago, but I wasn't sure how you'd feel about it..."

The expression on her face changed from nervous to fearful. She's really scared to tell me.

I put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to jump a little. She looked at me.

"Sana, it's okay. You can tell me anything." I gave her a smile, and she smiled back and nodded.

"I've only told a few people, and those people are back at home. So you're the first person in Seoul that I tell this too."

I decided to wait, even though she was clearly stalling.

She took a deep breath. "Momo... I'm biual."

My eyes widened, and when she looked at me, she immediately looked away, ebarassed. But I hugged her.

"Sana, don't worry. I don't love you any less because of your uality. If anything, I love you more."

She looked up at me. "Really?"

I smiled brightly. "Of course. You're my best friend. I'm glad you trust me enough to tell me."

I think it was that moment that I realized what I had felt when I saw Sana. Or, maybe I knew all along. But it was at that point that I accepted it for the first time.

I'm in love with Sana.

 


 

Hello, readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, short as it may be. I would appreciate it if you could subscribe, comment, and upvote! I love feedback so let me know if you're enjoying the story! Have a nice day! :D