LookAtMe123 - PLOT 13: Love at First Sight

13 Stars - One-shots Compilation(BUSY)

 

“How are you and your girlfriend?” Donghae asked.

Eunhyuk shrugged. “We’re fine. Hyoyeon’s a thoughtful girl. She always brings food every time she visits me. My mom likes her, which is a great thing. You?”

“Jessica and I are also fine. We’re planning a trip out of town. Wanna join?”

“Never mind. It’s your chance to be with her. Just enjoy.”

He smiled. “Thanks,” then he looked at Siwon. “You? How’s courting?”

“Still trying hard,” Siwon answered. “But I think I have a chance.”

“First love, huh?” Eunhyuk said.

He shrugged. “Mollayo. I guess yes. Love at first sight, I believe.”

“Tch,” I said.

The three looked at me. “Is there a problem?” the monkey asked me.

“Do you really believe in love at first sight?” I shook my head. “That’s nonsense. That’s stupidity, guys.”

“That’s not stupidity,” the fish said. “You just have no experience in love.”

The horse nodded. “I think Donghae-hyung is right. I’m sure you’ll also believe in it the time you experience it.”

I’m surrounded by talking animals with no sense. Ugh. “There’s no formal definition of ‘love at first sight’. I think that’s a reason enough for me not to believe in it.”

Eunhyuk shook his head. “He won’t believe us. Just leave it like that,” then he sipped his beer.

“He’s hopeless,” Siwon added.

I scoffed. “Love at first sight… We all know that that’s not true.”

“You’re going to experience that, Kyu,” Donghae said.

I looked at him. “Wae? are you a psychic or what?”

“I’m not. But I’m pretty sure it’ll happen. Trust me.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever,” then I drank a shot of soju.

I went home and opened my PC. Starcraft? No. I need to do some research. I opened my search engine and typed ‘love at first sight’. Surprisingly, Wikipedia has a definition. ‘Romantic attraction.’ But that doesn’t mean it is automatically love, right? I also read an article and she said that it is possible. Tch. People now are getting stupider. I turned off my PC. I’ll just play Starcraft on my laptop.

“Starcraft again?”

I looked up. Finally, Eunhyuk’s here. “You’re late.”

He sat in front of me. “It’s your fault. You didn’t mention the name of the café. I got lost.”

“I told you it’s near your house.”

“But this isn’t the nearest.”

“Tch,” then I went back to playing.

“Are you done with the report? Mr. Jang needs it. He wants us to pass it tomorrow.”

“Of course I’m done.”

“Araso, araso. So, what do you want to drink?”

“It’s up to you. I don’t really care.”

“Fine,” then he called a waitress.

“What’s your order, sir?” she asked.

“Two iced caramel macchiato, please.”

“Is that all, sir?”

“Yes. Thanks.”

“Araso, sir,” then I saw the waitress leave.

I turned my laptop off, closed it and put it inside my bag. Then I looked at the monkey in front of me.

“Where are Donghae-hyung and Siwon-hyung?” I asked.

“They said they’re busy. Donghae needs to visit his mom. Siwon, I think, went with his sister to somewhere. I don’t know.”

I nodded. “So when are we going to start the paper? I want to finish it early.”

“We still have to divide the parts,” then he flashed his gummy smile. “And I’m giving the longest one to you.”

I glared at him. “Fine.”

“Good. So I’m planning to invite the three of you to my house. Let’s start the paper there.”

“When?”

“Tomorrow, I think.”

I nodded. “Araso.”

Then the waitress came. She put the macchiato on the table and smiled at us. My heart suddenly beat fast. That’s weird. I looked at her nameplate. Ae-Cha.

“Is there anything you like to add?” she asked, looking at Eunhyuk. Her eyes are beautiful.

“Still need something, Kyu?” Eunhyuk asked me. “Kyu?”

The waitress shifted her look to me. She caught me looking at her so I immediately turned to the monkey. I shook my head. “None, I guess.”

He nodded and looked back at Ae-Cha. “There’s none. Thanks.”

She bowed down. “Enjoy your drink then,” and she left.

 My gazed followed her departing figure. Honestly, I’ve never seen anyone as beautiful as her. She’s the most perfect girl I’ve ever met. Ae-Cha. At least I know her name.

Then Eunhyuk cleared his throat. He saw me staring at the waitress. “I guess I know what’s happening.”

I looked down and grabbed my macchiato. “What do you mean?” then I took a sip.

“Tch. You’re obvious, dude.”

“… Shut up.”

“Is she the reason why you want to meet me here?”

I glared at him. “It’s my first time here. What are you saying?”

He nodded. “Araso, araso. That made me suspect you more,” then he smiled at me.

“Tch,” then took another sip of my drink.

Monday morning, I’m alone in the house. Usually, I play Starcraft inside my room. But today, I found no interest on playing anymore. I grabbed my sweater and wallet. Something’s telling me to go there again. Fine, I want to see her.

Ae-Cha put my order on my table. “Is there anything else you want, sir?”

 “I want your number,” I answered.

Her eyes widened. “S-Sir?”

“You’re asking me what I want, right?”

“N-Ne. B-But I think-”

“Give it to me or I’ll call your manager.”

She nodded after a few seconds. “A-Araso.”

I smiled and gave her my phone. After a few seconds, she gave it back to me. I saved it and looked at her again. “Thanks.”

“… A-Araso,” then she left.

I texted her, but she’s not replying. Aish! I think I scared her. Maybe she’s now thinking that I’m a stalker or what. I left her a bad impression. Aish!

I was playing Starcraft inside my room when my phone rang. Ugh. I hate it when someone interrupts me. I paused it for a while and looked at my phone. I was about to end the call when I realized who it was. I immediately answered the call.

“H-Hi,” I said.

It took Ae-Cha a few seconds before answering. “Let’s meet in front of the café. Thanks,” then she ended the call.

Without thinking twice, I grabbed everything I need and went there. And I found her waiting there. The café’s closed. So today’s her day off.

I smiled at her. “Hi.”

She looked at me. “H-Hi.”

“So… why are we here?”

“May I know why you asked for my number?”

My smile disappeared. That one caught me off guard. “W-What?”

“I’m sure there’s a reason why. So sir, why did you ask for my number?”

I gulped. “I… I-” I looked down. “Honestly, I felt something the first time I saw you… This might sound stupid but… I think I’ve fallen for you.”

“… Love at first sight?”

I looked back at her and shook my head. “Ani. That’s nonsense.”

“But that’s the only way I can describe it.”

Donghae’s words suddenly crossed my mind. And those words came true.

“It doesn’t sound stupid, does it?”

I looked at her. “May I ask you why you agreed to give me your number?”

She smiled. “Same reason. Love at first sight.”

Those words made me smile. I have to agree. ‘Love at first sight’ doesn’t sound stupid.

 



 

Sorry if it took me a week to update. LookAtMe123, hope you like it!:))

-ctrl_me