SuperLilian - PLOT 20: I Fell in Love with the School's Nerd

13 Stars - One-shots Compilation(BUSY)

Being a student with high grades is hard for Sungmin. Well, not that hard but still difficult. You have to do homeworks, study your lessons every night, pass all the exams, etc. But now that his college life is going to end, he can celebrate with his family and friends.

But for Mi Young, it’s different. Maintaining high grades is easy for her. She already has the brain, the money, the looks, the right discipline, everything… but not the social life. She has only few friends but not the ‘friends’ others have. And now that she’s graduating, she’s planning to pursue her dreams – to be a filmmaker.

Sungmin and Mi Young are both from the Arts Department. Although they’re not from the same division, they know each other. But they’re not close.

“Finally, we’re graduating,” Eunhyuk sighed and scoffed. “Ha! No more homeworks, no more exams. Great.”

“Freedom, that’s how you can it,” then Donghae drank his water.

“So, what’s the plan after graduation?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know. My dad wants me to takeover his talent agency. I still can’t decide whether to accept it or not.”

Eunhyuk nodded. “I see,” then he looked at Sungmin. “Hyung?”

Sungmin, who’s looking at someone for minutes now, looked at his dongsaengs. “W-Wae?”

“Tch. You’re looking at that nerd again.”

Donghae hit Sungmin’s arm. “Yah. Why don’t you confess? It’s been two years since you started liking her. I think it’s time to tell her that you like her. We’re graduating days from now, anyways.”

“No, don’t listen to him. She doesn’t have to know that. And who knows? Your feelings for her might change as time pass by. Just keep it to yourself, bro. Don’t tell it to her.”

Then Sunny came. “Is there something I should know?”

The three boys looked up. Sunny smiled and sat beside Sungmin. She’s starting to get clingy… again.

“Yah, oppa. What are you talking about? What is it that you’re keeping from me?”

“We’re not talking about you,” Donghae blurted out.

She glared at him. “Shut up,” then she looked back at Sungmin and smiled. “Oppa, tell it now. I’ll listen.”

Sungmin shook his head. “Nothing. Just ignore what you heard.”

Sunny pouted. “Oppa’s hiding something from me.”

“He likes Mi Young,” Eunhyuk said. “Happy now?”

She raised an eyebrow. “M-Mi Young?”

Sungmin sighed. “Ne.”

Sunny sat up straight, pushing Sungmin away. “You like that girl? What the hell is happening here?”

“He doesn’t have to answer that,” Donghae said.

Sungmin looked back at Mi Young and frowned at what he saw. Then he stood up. “Excuse me,” then he left the others.

“Oppa!” then Sunny also stood up.

“Yah! Don’t follow him. He needs-” but Donghae was interrupted.

“Shut up!” then she ran, following Sungmin.

He sighed. “She’s really tough.”

Eunhyuk nodded. “I know, I know. I pity Sungmin-hyung.”

“Me, too,” then he took another sip of water.

Mi Young was quietly sitting at the cafeteria, reading her notes, when someone sat beside her and put a bottle of soda on the table. Mi Young looked up and saw her friend, Kyuhyun. He pulled his seat closer to her and looked at what she’s reading.

“Classes already ended. There’s no need for you to review anything,” Kyuhyun said then he grabbed the soda and offered it to her. “Want a drink?”

Mi Young smile and pushed her glasses up. “Excited about the graduation?” then she took the soda and closed her notes.

“Of course! You? I can see that you still can’t leave your books behind.”

She opened the soda and took a sip. “It’s not like that. I just have nothing to do but to read.”

“Then let’s go to the computer lab. Let’s play Starcraft. I missed playing that game.”

“You’re really an addict,” then she shook her head.

Kyuhyun smiled. “You know me, Mi Young.”

Then Mi Young saw Sungmin walk out of the cafeteria. She raised an eyebrow. “That’s new. He left the cafeteria early.”

“Yah.”

She shifted her look to her friend. “Yes?”

“Answer me… Do you like Sungmin-sshi?”

“Sungmin? What made you think that I like him?”

He shrugged. “Maybe because lately, you always notice him. So that thought crossed my mind. Now, answer my question. Do you like him?”

“You know me, Kyuhyun. I don’t easily fall for people I don’t know.”

“Tch. Let’s just see. You’ll attend the batch’s party after graduation, right?”

Mi Young nodded. “Of course. Why?”

Then he stood up. “Nothing,” and gave her a smirk. “See you there,” then he left.

Finally, they’re all graduates. After years of studying hard, it finally paid off. And now, it’s time for the party. All of them started eating with their friends and teachers… except for Mi Young. She sat on a table at the corner of the room and ate by herself. Then Kyuhyun came.

“Let’s go.”

Mi Young looked up. “Where?”

“It’s time to do the bonfire. Let’s go.”

Mi Young stood up at went to the field with Kyuhyun. Everyone’s already there. Then they started building the fire. After minutes of trying, they finally made it. Then they sat down around it and waited for the fire to die.

“Let’s play a game!” someone said.

Kyuhyun smiled. “What game?”

“Since we’re already graduates, I think it’s time to reveal our crushes among the batch,” Eunhyuk said.

Sungmin hit Eunhyuk’s arm. “Yah. What are you saying?”

“Let’s start!”

The game started. Some found it hard to stand and confess, and some took it easy. And now, it’s Sungmin’s turn. He took a deep breath and stood up. Before starting, he glared at Eunhyuk and mouthed ‘This is your fault.’

“Ummm… There’s someone that… I really like,” then he took another deep breath. “It’s been two years since I started to like her… And I think it’s time to tell it to her,” and he looked straight at Mi Young. “You might be nerd to others but for me, you’re just an ordinary, intelligent person. For others, you’re a person with no social life, but for me, you’re just an ordinary, shy student… No, I’ve realized that you’re not just an ordinary girl. That’s why… Mi Young… I like you.”

After hearing this, people around him reacted. Some scoffed, some of them started teasing him, and the others looked at Mi Young, wide-eyed. Mi Young didn’t break her eye-contact with Sungmin. Someone confessed to her and she still can’t believe it.

Kyuhyun hit Mi Young’s arm. “Yah.”

Mi Young turned to him. “N-Ne?”

He smiled. “I knew it. He likes you and you like him back.”

“What are you-”

“Your turn now, Mi Young,” then he gave her another smile. “Time to confess.”

Mi Young slowly stood up and took a deep breath. “I thought studying hard will help me get out of things like this – falling in love, having crushes. But I’m wrong. Yes, I may be one of the best students but that doesn’t mean I know everything… I don’t know what love is. I don’t know since I haven’t experienced it yet. And there’s someone I want to hire as my teacher, to teach me what love really is,” then she looked at Sungmin and took a few steps towards him. “If you don’t mind… can you please teach me how?”

Sungmin smiled and stood up. “Does that mean you also like me?”

Mi Young smiled back and shrugged. “What do you think?”

Then he moved forward and hugged her. “Sure. I’ll be happy to have you as my student.”

“Then you have to be very patient. I’m not a fast-learner.”

He smirked. “No problem,” then she hugged her tighter.

 

*****************************************************

HI! I'm back again.:)) To SuperLilian, hope you liked it!:))