missinvisible - PLOT 12: I Still Need You, my Piano Instructor

13 Stars - One-shots Compilation(BUSY)

 

I know. I'm good at doing almost all of the things. I'm the almost-perfect girl you'll ever meet. The only thing that made me not perfect is playing the piano. Yes, playing the piano. But who cares? I don't need pianos, anyways.

"But you need to learn how," appa said.

"I don't get it, appa. Why do I need to learn how to play the piano?" I argued.

"Because you're in a family of musicians. Of course you should know how," eomma answered.

Aish. "I already know how to play the guitar. I've already mastered the violin and drums. I know a bit on how to play the saxophone and harp. I guess those are enough."

She shook her head. "Not yet. Piano is one of the most basic instruments. All musicians should know how to play it."

Is it my fault that my parents and my other relatives are all musicians? "But I really don’t know how."

“That’s why we’re hiring someone to teach you,” appa said.

What? “You’re hiring someone?”

“Ne. I’m sure he’ll help you.”

“Wait. I’m expecting help from you, since you’re my dad. Why do you have to hire somebody else?”

“We’re going to be out of town this week, honey,” eomma said.

“Out of town?” Yeah, right. They’re going to leave me here in Seoul again. “May I join that trip?”

“Tomorrow’s our anniversary, Youngjin. It’s for me and your dad to be alone,” then she smiled at me.

I sighed. “Araso, araso. How long will you be out of town?”

“It depends. I guess one month’s enough.”

My eyes widened. “ONE MONTH?”

“Ne. So we’ll leave you with your instructor for a month. One month’s enough for you to learn everything, right? You’re a fast learner.”

I just nodded. “Ne.”

“Good luck with your piano lessons, Youngjin. You’ll start tomorrow. Meet your instructor at the coffee shop near the bus stop. Have a date first so you’ll learn more about each other,” then appa winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever, appa.”

He snickered. “Araso, araso. I’ll leave now. I still have to meet Mr. Han,” then he stood up and kissed eomma’s forehead. “Take a rest, my wife,” he went to me and kissed my forehead as well. “Enjoy your lessons.” He picked up his suitcase and left the house.

“What do you want to eat, honey?” eomma asked.

I shrugged. “Anything, I guess.”

“Araso. I’ll cook something you like,” then she stood up and went to the kitchen.

I woke up later than usual. I ate my breakfast and took a bath immediately. I need to go to that coffee shop and meet that instructor. Ugh. Why do I have to have this ‘date’ with him? I entered the coffee shop and saw a guy, sitting near the windows. He’s looking down, reading something. I moved closer. Oh. It’s a score sheet. I think he’s Kibum.

“Excuse me,” I said.

He looked up and smiled at me. Wow. “Oh, annyeong. You’re Youngjin?”

I nodded. “Ne.”

“Have a seat.”

I thought I’ll hate studying how to play the piano. But I think, I will enjoy this month. I sat on the chair across him and smiled at him. “You’re Kibum?”

He nodded. “Ne. I’m going to be your piano instructor.”

Yeah, I know that already. “A-Araso.”

“Anything you want to order?”

I shook my head. “None. I’m already full.”

He nodded again. “So, when do you want to start our session?”

“Ummm… I think tomorrow. Is that okay with you?”

“Sure, no problem. I’ll just go over your house at 1 pm.”

I nodded. 1 pm. Isn’t that a bit early? “Araso.”

He smiled again. I like his smile. “I guess that’s it. Do you want to ask anything before we leave?”

We’re already going to leave? “N-None, I guess.”

“Jinjja?”

“… Ne.”

“Then I’ll just see you tomorrow,” then he stood up and picked up the score sheet. “Kaja. I’ll drive you home.”

Wow. I haven’t spent 5 minutes in this coffee shop and now, we’re leaving. “Araso,” then I just stood up and followed him.

I think he’s a quiet guy. But really, he plays the piano very well. I think I have to thank appa for hiring him as my instructor.

It’s been a week since I started honing my piano skills. And I’ll admit, Kibum’s a good coach. I learned a lot from him. Even though it’s just a week, I think I’m already good at playing the piano.

“You’re really a fast learner,” Kibum said.

I smiled at him. “Ne. That’s why we better stop or else, I’ll be better than you,” then I giggled.

He smiled and shook his head. “That’s not going to happen. I’ve been playing the piano for almost 15 years now. There’s no way you can be better than me.”

“Tch. Admit it. I’m already good at it. You’re just finding a reason to stay here a little longer.”

The expression on his face changed. Is there something wrong in what I’ve said?

“Gwaenchana?” I asked.

He just shook his head. “None,” then he stood up. “I guess that’s it for now. I’ll just see you tomorrow,” he picked up his bag and left.

‘You’re just finding a reason to stay here a little longer…’Oh. So that’s the reason why he left. Aish! I’m really careless. But why? Why is he affected by that?

“We’re here!”

I looked at the door and saw eomma and appa. Yeah, they’re back. I stood up and approached them.

“Annyeong,” I said then smiled.

“Youngjin, how’s the piano lesson?” appa asked.

I smiled wider. “It’s great! I’m a good at it now.”

He nodded. “Good. I should thank Mr. Kim for teaching you and for being patient with you.”

I pouted. “Tch.”

“So, you don’t need an instructor now,” eomma said.

Something in what she said hurt me a bit. “Ne.”

“We’re very proud of you, Youngjin.”

“Let’s talk about that tomorrow. I’m already tired,” then appa went upstairs.

“I’ll also go up now.”

I nodded. “Araso.”

She smiled at me. “Prepare for your tomorrow’s performance. We’ll check on what you’ve learned,” then he followed appa.

She’s right. Now, I don’t need him. But… why am I sad? Aish! Never mind. I’ll just prepare for tomorrow. I need to play something complicated. Show off, you know?

I silently recall the keys I should hit before I start playing. After a few minutes, I started my performance. While playing, I unconsciously closed my eyes. Then the flashback started. The moment we first met, the first piece he played, the first time our hands touched, everything. They all appeared in front of me. I don’t get it. Does this mean I miss him? Do I really miss him?

I opened my eyes and stopped. I looked at my parents. They’re both looking at me, confused as well.

“Is there a problem?” appa asked.

I shook my head. “N-None… I just want to ask you something.”

 

 

 

~KIBUM’S POV~

Aish! What am I doing here? Why am I standing in front of her house? I’m done teaching her so there’s no reason for me to be standing here. Ugh. What’s your problem, Kibum? I should leave now.

“… Goodbye,” I whispered then turned around. Then I heard the gate opened. I stopped. I’m dead.

“… O-Oppa?” Once again, I heard that voice.

I gulped. I really should have left earlier. Aish! “M-Mianhae. I’ll leave now,” then I started walking away from her.

“Wait!” she shouted but I didn’t stop. “Yah! Stop!” Ani, Kibum. Just continue walking. “… Saranghae!”

That word made me stop, and my world as well. I slowly turned around to look at her. “W-What?”

She took a deep breath and shouted again. “Saranghae, araso?!”

I smiled. “What?! I can’t hear you!”

I saw her pout. What a cute little girl. “Wait for me!” then she started running towards me.

“Araso!” then I ran away from her. “Catch me if you can!”

I heard her say something but I didn’t understand it. I just ran faster while laughing. She loves me. That’s good to hear. At least, I still have a reason to visit her often.

 

*************************************************************************

Done with the third request!! Sorry if it's a long one.:)) Hope you liked it! And sorry for not updating fast.:p