Renniegirl45 - PLOT 14: Teach Me How

13 Stars - One-shots Compilation(BUSY)

“You failed the test again, Park Jungsoo,” Mrs. Jang reported to Leeteuk.

Leeteuk just stared at the cold floor of the office. “Sorry.”

The Math teacher sighed. “I think a tutor is a big help. Do you want me to hire someone to tutor you? You really need one. I’m dead serious with that.”

He looked up at his teacher. “Okay. I’ll find one.”

She nodded. “Good. That’s it. You may go now.”

Leeteuk bowed down before leaving. He went to his room and took his seat. Then Yesung approached his friend and sat on the chair in front of Leeteuk. He looked at him for a while before talking.

“What happened? Did she scold you again?” he asked.

Leeteuk shook his head. “No… but she asked me to find a tutor,” then he sighed. “I really hate Math.”

“Why don’t you ask Krysty-sshi to teach you? She’s the class’ top 1. Try to ask her. I think she’s kind enough to accept it.”

“You, too, are good in Math, right?”

“No, I’m not. I almost failed the last exam. And besides, I also hate Math.”

‘But I’m not close with her,’ he said to himself. “I’ll just ask my parents if they know someone to teach me.”

“Seriously, bro. Ask Krysty. It’s not hard to approach her, right?”

He sighed, for the nth time. “Fine. I’ll ask her after classes… Aish. I should have listened to all the lectures before.”

“Just take Math sincerely this time,” then Yesung stood up. “I’ll just feed my turtle. I think he’s already hungry.”

Leeteuk gave him a suspicious glare. “You brought him again?”

He smiled. “Yeah. Mom always forget to feed him so, I decided to just bring him. Okay. I’ll go to him now,” then he left.

After watching his friend leave, the class president looked down and scratched his head. ‘I’m so dead. Dead.’

 

The classes ended and some are already leaving the school. Krysty was busy fixing her things in her locker when someone called her. She looked up and saw Leeteuk.

“What?” she asked, a bit confused. This is the first time the class president approached her.

Leeteuk went closer to her, looking down. “Umm… Can I ask you favor?”

She raised an eyebrow. “A favor?”

He nodded. “N-Ne.”

After a few seconds, she closed her locker. “Okay, Mr. President. What do you need?”

“Umm…” then he looked straight at her. “I really need your help. Mrs. Jang told me that I got the lowest score. Again. And she asked me to find a tutor… Well, I’m here to… to ask if you can help me.”

Her jaw dropped and after realizing that, she closed . “… When?”

A smile crossed hi face, his dimple showing itself. “Is that a yes?”

“Just tell me when,” then she took her phone out and held it out. “Save your number. I’ll call you later.”

“Okay,” then he took the phone and entered his number. “I’ll wait for your call,” and he gave the phone back to her. He smiled and bowed down. “Thank you. Thank you very much.”

Krysty put her phone back in her pocket. “No problem, Mr. President. I’m kind of shocked though.”

“Oh. Sorry about that. And stop calling me Mr. President. Just call me Leeteuk or Jungsoo.”

She nodded. “Okay, Jungsoo-sshi.”

He bowed down once more. “Thanks again. I’ll go now,” then he left happily.

Krysty watched him leave. She shook her head. “… That’s really odd,” then she opened her locker again and fixed her things.

 

After taking a shower, Krysty went to her room and sat on her bed. Then , she grabbed her phone, searched for Leeteuk’s number and hesitated for a moment. Seconds passed and she pressed the ‘call’ button. It rang thrice before a sweet-voiced male answered. Krysty smiled, thinking that his voice doesn’t suit his position of being the class’ president. It’s too sweet for the class to take him seriously.

“Hi, Krysty-sshi!” Leeteuk greeted, excitement evident in his voice.

“Good evening,” she greeted back. “Umm, about the tutor thing… When do you want to start?”

It took him seconds before answering. “If you want, we can already start tomorrow, aftr classes. Hmm… I think thrice a week is enough? Let’s just do it there at your house. It’ll be troublesome for you if we’ll go here at my place. Is that okay?”

She smiled again because of his seriousness and eagerness. “Sure. I hope you’re a fast learner.”

“Well, I’m really not confident with that.”

“No problem. We still have a month to study for our exam. I’m not sure of my teaching skills though.”

“It doesn’t matter, really. So, I’ll see you after class. Thanks again!”

Krysty nodded, as if Leeteuk can see her. “Okay. See you,” then she dropped the call.

School ended fast for Krysty. She thinks 9 hours in school isn’t enough for her to learn more about things around her. Unlike her, others think that 9 hours in school is hell already – scary teachers giving them boring lectures and hard exams right after that. But some already got used to it.

Everyone grabbed their bags and immediately ran out of their classrooms, except for Krysty and Leeteuk. Krysty was busy putting her books inside her back when Leeteuk sat on the chair in front of her. It made her jump a little, earning him a glare from the class’ top 1.

“I’m sorry,” he said, scratching the back of his head. “So, let’s go?”

Krysty stood up and carried her bag. “Let’s go.”

It took them 20 minutes before arriving at her house. That’s when she realized she hasn’t told her parents about the tutor thing. She made a few explanations to them and fortunately, they understood what’s happening. Krysty and Leeteuk went to the study room and started the tutorial.

“For the exam, we need to study antidifferentiation. Are you having difficulties with integrals?” Krysty asked.

Leeteuk smiled shyly. “Sort of.”

She nodded. “Okay. So here’s the concept of antidifferentiation,” then she pointed what was written on her books. “When you differentiate a function, the result is its derivative. And when you antidifferentiate that derivative, you’ll get the original function. But take note that antiderivatives differ by a constant C. For example, we have a function 2x+4. If we get the derivative, we have 2. But when we antidifferentiate it, we have 2x+C. In this case, C is equal to 4. C can be any real number though.”

He nodded, finally appreciating integrals. “Got it.”

“Good. I should give you an exercise now, then.”

“An exercise? Now?” he asked, a bit surprised.

“It’ll help you understand that basic concept,” then Krysty wrote some equations on a paper. She gave it to Leeteuk after finishing it. “I’ll give you five minutes for answer those integrals.”

Leeteuk just sighed. “Fine,” then he started answering the exercise.

 

 

 

“Time’s up,” Krysty said.

Leeteuk still continued answering. “I’m not done yet.”

“30 minutes is already up. Give me the paper. I’ll check it now.”

He looked at her and shook his head. “I’m not finished yet. This one is hard so, 30 minutes isn’t enough.”

She sighed. “Really, finding the area under the curve isn’t hard. I’ve showed you several examples already. Don’t tell me you still haven’t got it.”

After a few seconds, he looked down. “Sorry.”

“… You didn’t get it, did you?”

“… You’re right.”

Krysty sighed again and snatched the paper from Leeteuk’s hand. “You should have told me that,” then she moved closer to his side. “Fine. I’ll answer it so, listen carefully.”

He nodded and looked at the paper. “Go.”

“First, the area of the region bounded above by y=x2, below by the x-axis, to left by x=1 and to the right by x=3. Graph it so, you’ll have an idea on what to do,” then she started graphing the region.

Leeteuk watched what she’s doing carefully, noting of important details. “Then?”

“Then use the formula. You know it, right?” then she looked at Leeteuk…. And froze. Her face is just centimeters away from his and her heart suddenly beat so fast. So fast that she can almost hear it.

“The antiderivative of x2dx as x travels from 1 to 3,” he answered, still looking at the paper she’s answering. Krysty didn’t answer so he looked at her, only to see her looking back at him. “Am I wrong?”

Krysty snapped back at reality. She looked back at the paper and shook her head. “N-No. You got it r-right,” she said, stuttering a bit.

Leeteuk continued to look at her face. Then he smiled. “Your face is red.”

Her eyes widened. Her face started to burn some more. “Focus on the answer.”

“Alright,” then he looked back at the paper. “Continue.”

An hour passed and Krysty gave another exercise to Leeteuk. She left it with him and went out of the room to get some food. She prepared a couple of sandwiches and two glasses of juice. Before going back to the room, she thought of what happened earlier.

“He was just so close that’s why my heart beat fast… That’s it,” she nodded. “That’s just it.”

“That’s not it,” her mother said, coming out of nowhere.

Krysty looked behind her and glared at her mother. “How did you-”

“Looks like my daughter has finally learned a lesson.”

She raised an eyebrow. “W-What do you mean?”

“You already know how to love. Maybe I should thank that Leeteuk for teaching you.”

She shook her head. “A-Aniyo. I’m not in love, okay? You misunderstood it.”

“I didn’t. There’s no need for you to deny it. Go now. He’s already waiting for the food,” then she went upstairs, leaving a confused Krysty.

Krysty went back to the room, and found Leeteuk already asleep, his head rest on the table. She put the food on the table and removed the books. She sat down beside him carefully, so careful not to wake him up. Then she looked at the angelic face of the person sleeping beside her. She smiled and moved closer to take a good look.

‘He has a beautiful nose and lips. I find his eyes scary. But all in all, he’s cute,’ she said to herself. Today is their last day of tutorial. The exam will be on next week. This is the last… the last.

“Krysty?” Leeteuk asked, still a bit sleepy.

Krysty, after hearing the guy, sat up straight and avoided the curious stare from her classmate. “I-I brought t-the food already. D-Do you want to e-eat?”

He continued to look at her. “I’m not really hungry.”

“A-Araso. I-I guess I’ll be the only one e-eating,” then she grabbed her sandwich and took a big bite. She chewed it few times then drank the juice… and choked a bit.

Leeteuk patted her back. “Are you okay? Eat slowly, okay? No one’s rushing you.”

She reacted to his touch, slapping his hand away. “I-I’m fine,” then she slowly drank what’s left in the glass. “I-I’ll just get more juice.”

“Wait.”

She didn’t move, but also didn’t look at him. ”W-What?”

“Is something wrong with my face?” he asked straightforwardly.

She mentally slapped herself for staring at his sleeping face. “N-Nothing,” then she stood up, her back facing him. “Still have a question?”

“Go now. I’ll just finish the exercise.”

“O-Okay,” then she went out of the room again.

Leeteuk smiled. “Nothing? Tch,” then he went back to answering area problems.

 

 

 

Yesung happily ran towards a silent and nervous Leeteuk. “Yah, Park Jungsoo!”

Leeteuk turned to look at him. “What?”

He stopped just in front of his friend and bent down, catching his breath. “You… finally made it.”

He stood up and looked at his friend with wide eyes. “R-Really? I passed the exam?”

Yesung stood straight and nodded. “Yes. You’re on the 4th place among the class now.”

Leeteuk’s eyes widened more. “4th? Are you kidding me? From 35th to 4th?”

“That just means you need to thank Krysty and return the favor. She did a good job. She deserves a reward, right? Buy her lunch.”

He nodded. “I’ll definitely do it. Now, I need to find her. See you around, Jongwoon!” then he went to their classroom.

Krysty was busy doing her homework when Leeteuk entered the room and ran towards her. She stood up, her eyes as wide as saucers. Leeteuk stood in front of her and then he smiled.

“I-Is there a problem?” Krysty asked, still not knowing what’s happening.

“Nothing,” then he pulled her into a hug. “Thank you,” tightening the hug as he thanked her.

“Y-You passed?” she said, trying hard to control her heartbeat, even though she knows that’s impossible.

“Yes. And that’s because of you,” then he pulled out from the hug. “And now, it’s time to return the favor. Is there something I can do for you?”

She took a deep breath. “There’s no need for you to do that. I… I’ve already learned something from you… So, no need to return the favor.”

Leeteuk looked at her with a confused look. “You learned something from me? What is it?”

She looked down, blushing. “… You taught me something I’m afraid to do. You taught me… how to love. And I want to thank you for that.”

There’s a moment of silence between the two. Their other classmates started to enter the room, slowly making noise. Krysty was surprised when she was suddenly hugged by Leeteuk. All eyes turned to them. Some started teasing the two, some remained silent.

“L-Leeteuk?” Krysty asked.

Leeteuk smiled. “It looks like the class’ top 1 doesn’t know everything.”

She playfully punched his side. “Shut up.”

“Krysty.”

“… Y-Yes?”

“… I love you, too."

 


The 13th one-shot! Hope all of you, especially Renniegirl45, enjoyed it!

BTW, I changed my username.:p

- thederpchanyeol