Lillie - PLOT 5: Look At Me

13 Stars - One-shots Compilation(BUSY)

Lili sat on the couch and the TV. After some minutes of watching, the doorbell rang. She immediately stood up and walked towards the door. She slowly opened it… but no one’s there. She sighed and was about to close the door when she noticed a bouquet of flowers sitting on the ground. After a few minutes of hesitating, she picked it up and read the card that was attached on it.

“Your smile is as beautiful as a blooming flower during spring. Good morning.”

She bit her lower lip, preventing herself from smiling. Then she started looking around… and saw no one.

“Do we have a visitor?” Lili’s mother asked.

Lili shook her head. “None. But someone left these flowers here.”

She smiled. “Another suitor, huh?”

She turned to look at her mom and smiled. “Umma, we’re not yet sure if he’s a suitor. Maybe someone’s just pulling a prank on me.” Then he guy friends crossed her mind. They’re her possible suspects.

“Tch. Roses, nowadays, cost much. Who would waste his money just to play a prank on someone?”

Lili looked back at the roses. “Kaja. I’ll just call someone,” then she went back to the living room.

She grabbed the telephone and dialed her friend’s number. After a few rings, her friend answered.

“Is there a problem?” Kangin asked.

“Nothing,” then Lili’s eyes went back to the back to the flowers on her lap. “Someone’s making fun of me again.”

“What do you mean?”

“Someone left some flowers in front of the house. There’s a letter attached with it but has no name.”

“A suitor?”

She shrugged. “Well, I don’t know.”

He smiled, walking happily down the street. “What’s written there?”

Lili grabbed the letter and read it out loud. “Your smile is as beautiful as a blooming flower during spring,” then she scoffed. “Corny.”

Kangin stopped walking, his smile vanished. “C-Corny?”

“Ne. That made me suspect Heechul and Eunhyuk.”

He gulped. He got that line from Heechul. ‘Aish. I knew it. Heechul’s not good when it comes to romantic stuff,’ he thought.

“Still there?” Lili asked after a moment of silence.

“Y-Yes,” he answered. “I think they won’t make fun of you. Well, you know, Heechul’s a person who won’t give roses to anyone. He’s not that kind of guy. And Eunhyuk… You know that guy doesn’t afford to buy roses.”

She nodded. “I think you’re right,” she sighed. “Never mind. Sorry if I bothered you.”

Kangin started walking. “That’s nothing.”

“Thanks. I’ll see you tomorrow at work. Bye,” then she hung up.

He sighed. “Good. She didn’t suspect me,” then he ran towards his house.

 

 

Another day passed. Lili got out of bed early and ate breakfast. She took a bath and changed into her office attire. She opened the door, ready to leave, and then she saw a small teddy bear on the ground. She picked it up and a small card fell. She bent down once more to pick the card and read it.

“Out of all those girls I’ve met, you’re the most important one.

Undying love, that’s what I’ll give to you. Good morning.”

It made her smile. For her, it’s another corny quote but sweet enough to make her smile. Then a car stopped in front of her house. Kangin went out of it and approached Lili.

“I’m on time,” then he smiled. “Good morning.”

Lili gave him a curious look. “Did I ask you to fetch me?”

He shook his head. “No, but it crossed my mind so I came here,” then he looked at the familiar thing she’s holding. “A teddy bear?” He snatched the card from her hand and read it. After a few seconds, he laughed. “This guy is corny, really corny.”

She pouted and took the card back. “So what?” then she put the toy and the card in her bag.

This made Kangin smile. “Wae? You like his corniness?”

“Yes. I find him sweet, actually. Kaja. We’re going to be late,” then she rode the car with Kangin.

 

 

Lunch break came and Lili left her office to buy food. She went to the cafeteria and saw Kangin with the loud Heechul and the always-smiling-monkey Eunhyuk. A smile appeared on her face and she started walking towards her friends. She tapped Kangin’s shoulder.

“Yah. You didn’t call me. I thought you’re not going to eat lunch today,” she said.

Kangin stood up and pulled out the chair beside him. “The leader gave us an hour to eat.”

She nodded and sat down. “That’s good.”

“And unusual,” Eunhyuk added. “He gives us a break once in a blue moon.”

Heechul took a big bite of his burger. “Deh,” he managed to say.

Kangin sat down and pushed the sandwich he bought earlier towards Lili. “Eat. I’m sure you’re already hungry.”

Lili smiled at him. “Thanks,” then she took the sandwich and started munching on it.

Kangin grabbed the chance to slide the box of chocolate into his bag. Lili, unfortunately, saw him zipping his bag. He looked up and noticed her looking at him. Nervousness immediately hit him. She gave him a curious look.

“Yah. Are you leaving already?” she asked.

Kangin mentally sighed. “Ne. I still have something to do. Sorry,” then he hung his bag on his shoulder and stood up. Before leaving, he winked at Heechul and Eunhyuk. The two just nodded, then Kangin left.

After almost three minutes of walking fast, he finally reached Lili’s office. He opened his bag, took out the chocolate and the letter, and ran out of the office. He sighed when he was four rooms away from Lili’s. Then he went back to his office and finished his work.

Lili immediately went to her office after eating with Heechul and Eunhyuk. She took her seat and noticed the chocolates on her table. Another smile crossed her face and took the letter under the box.

“No one can make me smile but you.

Good things started to happen the moment I saw you.

Without you, I think I’m nothing.

One thing’s for sure… I love you.”

She chuckled. “He’s getting more and more unoriginal,” then she kept the gift in her bag and started doing her paperwork.

 

 

Lili woke up and looked at her phone. 6:21 am. She got out of her bed and went outside her house to stretch and breathe some fresh air. Once again, someone left a gift for her. This time, it’s an album. She scanned its pages that are full of her stolen pictures. Then she read the letter pasted on the last page.

“One day, I’ll be brave enough to approach you.

Now, I’ll just look at you from a distance.”

After reading the letter, someone crossed her mind. She finally knows who her suitor is.

She went back to her room and gathered all the letters she received. She put them on her study table, arranging them chronologically. Her eyes widened.

Your smile is as beautiful as a blooming flower during spring. Good morning.”

Out of all those girls I’ve met, you’re the most important one.

Undying love, that’s what I’ll give to you. Good morning.”

No one can make me smile but you.

Good things started to happen the moment I saw you.

Without you, I think I’m nothing.

One thing’s for sure… I love you.”

One day, I’ll be brave enough to approach you.

Now, I’ll just look at you from a distance.”

“It’s definitely him,” she whispered. “It’s Kangin.”

 

 

Kangin was inside his office, writing something, when Heechul entered. He looked up and raised an eyebrow.

“Wae?” Kangin asked.

Heechul threw an envelope at him. “Someone asked me to give that to you,” then he left.

Kangin took the pink envelope and opened it. He pulled out the letter in it and read it.

“Do you think I’m stupid enough not to figure out who you are?

For your information, I already know you.

Now, get your out of your office and meet me outside the building.”

It made Kangin nervous and a bit embarrassed. He took a deep breath and walked out of his room. He walked slowly towards their meeting place. His legs were already wobbly the moment he stepped out of the building. He took few more steps, then stopped. There’s no one waiting for him. He sighed. But someone hit his head pretty hard. He turned around to look at that ‘someone’ and saw Lili, glaring at him.

“Umm… Hi,” he said, but she didn’t answer. “… Do I need to explain why-”

Lili cut him off with a hug. Her action surprised Kangin, but he still managed to hug her back. After a few seconds, she released him.

Lili pouted. “I can’t believe you’re that corny.”

Kangin somewhat glared at her. “Yah. Heechul gave those lines… except for the last one, the one I gave you this morning.”

She smiled. “I knew it,” then she looked down. “… Now, I assume you’re ready to tell me everything.”

He took a few deep breaths and started confessing. “I know we’re friends for years now. Sorry for not telling you this earlier. I’m just afraid that you might turn me down… I know I didn’t reach your standards but still… I want you to look at me and accept me. I love you. I’ve always been in love with you.”

Lili smiled and slowly looked at him. “Who told you that you didn’t pass my standards? Who told you that I still haven’t accepted you?” then she paused for a while. “And who told you that I still haven’t looked at you? It has always been you. It’s always you that I’m looking at… It’s you.”

Kangin smiled and hug her once again. “Does that mean you also feel the same way?”

She hugged him back and giggled. “What else does that mean?”

His smile widened. “… I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

 


OMG!! I'm back!!:)) SORRYYYYYYY!! I know I've been inactive for months (and that's because college life is really hard) but I'll make it up to you, guys!:))

To Lillie, hope you like this oneshot for you!

- ctrl_me