Kairi_Rose - PLOT 3: Hi, Chinaman!

13 Stars - One-shots Compilation(BUSY)

 

"Hankyung!"

I stopped walking and turned around to see an old friend. I smiled. "Heechul-hyung."

He smiled back and walked towards me. "How are you?"

I shrugged. "Still the same, busy."

"With what?"

"With work."

"Tch. You didn't come here to work for the rest of your life."

"I came here to work," I corrected him.

He sighed. "Have a break, Geng. It's been two years since I last saw you. And until now, you're focusing on your work. Let me guess. You still don't have a girlfriend, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "I told you. I'm not yet interested."

"Geng, we all need someone-"

"Just shut up. I'm not going to listen, anyways."

He shrugged. "Araso. It's your choice. But I know there'll be a time when you'll run to me and tell me you're in love with someone. I hope you still have my number."

I nodded. "Ne."

"Good. I think I'll just see you. Annyeong," then he left.

I don't know if I should listen to an advice of a two-timer. A girlfriend? I went here to find a better job, for a better living. But because of that long-haired friend of mine, I became curious. I wonder how it feels like to have someone special. I think the only problem is… I still haven’t found the right one.

I went to a coffee shop to have a 10-minute break. I think a cup of coffee will help me think clearly. I was doing my presentation using my laptop when my order came.

“Here’s your order, sir,” then the lady put the coffee on my table. But unfortunately, she dropped it right on my laptop.

My eyes widened. “What the-” I stood up and glared at the careless waitress. “Yah! How could you be so careless?”

She bowed down. “M-Mianhae, sir. I-I’ll just give you another cup-”

I interrupted her. “Ani. Do you think I’m still in the modd for coffee?” then I picked up my now wet laptop. “I’m leaving now. Be careful next time, araso?” I gave her another glare and left.

I went straight to my office. Aish! The keyboard’s not working anymore. Thanks to that waitress.

“I think we should hire a better one now,” my secretary said.

I nodded. “Ne,” then I sighed. “Why does Mr. Lee have to resign? I really need someone to handle this project. Go now and find someone better and more reliable.”

She nodded. “Araso,” then she left my office.

I sighed again and closed my eyes. My head’s aching. I’m now starting to consider Heechul’s advice. I think I should really take some break. But how? I need to finish the company’s project first.

“Mr. President?”

I opened my eyes. Oh. I fell asleep. I looked up and saw my secretary, holding a folder. “What’s that?”

She put the folder on top of my desk. “There’s someone who applied an hour ago. I think she deserves Mr. Lee’s position.”

I took the folder and opened it. Kim Hyun Ae. “She’s Chinese?”

“Ne, Mr. President. Her mother’s Chinese, according to her.”

I scanned her profile. My secretary’s right. I also think I should hire her. “Where’s her photo?”

“She forgot to bring one. But she said she’ll come back tomorrow.”

I nodded and closed the folder. “Araso. I’ll take to her. Just inform me if she’s already here.”

She bowed down. “Ne, Mr. President.”

“You may go now. Thanks.”

“No problem, Mr. President,” then she left.

Finally, there’s someone to handle the project.

**************************************************************

“Mr. President, Ms. Kim’s already here.”

I looked up and closed the file I’m reading. “Bring her in.”

“Araso,” then she went outside. After a few seconds, she came back with a lady. “I’ll leave now,” and she left again.

The lady bowed down. “Annyeong haseyo. Kim Hyun Ae-imnida.”

My eyes widened. I stared at her. She stared at me. If I’m not mistaken, I’ve already met her.

She gulped. “… A-Annyeong.”

I already remembered her. I stood up. “You again?”

The waitress who spilt coffee on my laptop looked down. “I-I’m the one who applied yesterday.”

“Leave.”

She looked up at me. “W-What?”

“I said leave.”

“B-But-”

“Go now.”

She stared at me again. Or should I say, she glared at me. “Could you just get over with what happened yesterday?”

I glared back. “What?”

“Your secretary said your company needs someone to handle your project, someone who has experiences, someone who has good qualifications. Well, I guess I’m the right one since I’m standing right in front of you today.”

I admit, she has a point. I sighed. “Araso. I’ll give you a chance. But if you failed because of carelessness, I’ll kick you out. Araso?”

A smile crossed her face. I was a bit, I repeat, a bit, stunned. “Gamsahamnida,” then she bowed down.

For me, she’s somehow cute. “Araso, araso. You may leave now,” then I sat back and watched her leave. Hyun Ae. I smiled. I’m looking forward to working with you.

After two weeks of observing her, I found out that she’s really a good leader. I’m pretty sure the project will be a big success. The only thing I can’t figure out is the weird thing I feel when she’s around. I think I need a consultation.

“I knew it,” Heechul said.

I rolled my eyes. “Just help me, araso?”

He nodded. “Araso, araso. Tell me. What exactly do you feel when you see her?”

I thought for a moment. “I’m happy when I see her. But when she comes near, I suddenly feel nervous.”

“I’ll go straight to the point now. You already like her.”

“What?”

“And don’t dare deny it,” then he stood up. “I guess that’s all for today.”

“Yah. Where are you going?”

“I still have a date. I’ll leave now. See you soon,” then he left.

I like her… I don’t know why but the thought of it made me smile.

***************************************************

I was working on with my presentation for next week’s meeting when someone knocked at my door.

“Come in,” I answered. Then Hyun Ae entered the room and bowed down. I smiled. “Oh, Hyun Ae. Is there a problem?”

She gave me a weak smile. “Nothing,” then she took out an envelope from her bag and placed it on my desk.

I looked at the envelope. And my eyes widened. “Y-You’re resigning?”

“… Mr. Lee talked to me yesterday. He said he’s going to return to your company so he wants me to resign. He wants to get his position-”

I stood up. “And who says I’m going to accept him again?”

“B-But-”

“You’re not leaving. I won’t let you leave the company… I won’t let you leave me.”

Confusion crossed her features. “W-What?”

It took me seconds before answering. “I went here to Korea to find a job. Fortunately, I got this. I got great friends here, I found great opportunities. But something’s still missing… and I want that to be you.”

“M-Mr. President-”

“Hyun Ae,” then I took a deep breath. “I like you.” But she didn’t answer. I suddenly felt nervous. “… I-I guess… you don’t feel the same,” then I looked down. “But please-”

“… Who told you I don’t?”

I looked back at her. “H-Huh?”

She blushed. “… I also like you… Mr. President.”

I can’t help but smile at those words. “Jinjja?”

“… Ne.”

Without thinking twice, I went towards her and hugged her tight. Heechul’s right. There’ll come a time that I’ll run to him and say I’m in love. And I think, that time has come.

 

******************************************************************

So, here's Kairi_Rose's request!! Hope you liked it.:))

-ctrl_me