CHAPTER III

THE FRAT GUY & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-+= CHAPTER III =+-

 

You will date me in the end. You will date me in the end?! What the fck Ji! You'll fcking ruin your chances... You have zero chances to begin with! I grabbed my hair in frustration as I walk towards my class. It was one of the moments when my mind doesn't function properly. And correct words to say just get lost in a puddle of absurd words, making it hard to select properly. I found the corner seat empty and settled myself there. I lightly patted my head as I close my eyes to think about what happened earlier. Angel. Her face looks like an angel. Just thinking of how pretty she is, makes myself smile even though our encounter was not that good at all. I gritted my teeth. At least I was able to act as if I'm confident.

Arggghhh!!!! I still wish she will look at me differently even though I appeared over confident earlier. Which I am not. I just want her to like me and I guess I'll have to work hard for it. It's always been the same for me anyway. I've always been serious when it comes to relationships. I may appear as if I'm a playboy lurking in every corner waiting to jump over girls. But I am not. I can be flirtatious towards girls approaching me, but that just ends there. And it will never progress more than that. I will never do something with a girl that I don't sincerely like. I know that feelings should not be played at, I know it's a bit wrong to act flirtatiously to the other girls, but I don't do it to hurt them or to make them hope or something. For me it's just me being nice. Besides, I don't have a girlfriend. In anyway, if a girl approaches me aggressively, I end up turning them down immediately. That's just not for me. Relationship is not a game. It's a matter that you should take seriously. It's something you enter with the person you love.  

It has been a year since my last relationship, and boy, I ended up miserable. I guess I deserve that partially. I've been blind and deaf. I never listened to my friends. They kept telling me she isn't who she is, but I ended up falling deeper for her. Who can blame me? She acts really well. And I have trusted her but in the end she left me with some dude that yields to all her requests. I'm not that kind of guy. I believe in compromise. Relationships will work if both parties know how to compromise. I loved her. I really did. But in the end she has hurt me more than I can bear. Thinking about it now, if Dara didn't appear in my life, maybe I could still take her back. That's how much I have loved her. Loved. It's finished. Well that's all in the past. I thought dating for me is over. Until that day that I saw her.

I sighed as I opened my eyes and saw Youngbae gawking at me. His face was in front of me staring at my obviously pathetic face. I nearly jumped out of my seat. "What the heck?! You startled me."

He laughed and settled himself on the chair beside mine. "Day dreaming huh?"

"Ani." I shook my head and sighed.

"Something tells me that something didn't go well for you today." He placed his arm on the desk and folded it, then he puts his head on it, as if planning to sleep. "Bad day?"

"Not really. Well, half, half." I answered him as I slouched down on the chair.

"Half good, half bad?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I sighed before continuing. "I saw Dara today. I managed to talk to her for some time. I even told her I like her."

"Yes. That I know. Talk of the campus. She turned you down huh?" He asked me while his eyes are closed. I stared at his face, I like my friends, especially Youngbae. He is my best friend since we were kids. He makes fun of me, yes, but in the end, he will always have my back. Well, all of them will. And I intend to do the same for him and for all of them.

"Yeah. I don't know what I did for her to hate me this much. I never bothered her, all I did was observe her." I really don't get it, it's like whenever she sees me she will do whatever it takes to avoid me. Just like today. She turned around at the moment she laid her eyes on me.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Observe her and gawk at her." He snickered.

"Whatever. I like her bro." There's no use denying it, because I really do that most of the times I see her.

"I know. You don't have to say it. I see that aaaaaallll the time." He answered me stressing the word 'all'.

"Don't blame me. She's beautiful." I answered him.

He rubbed his nose and opened his left eye, leaving the other one still closed. "I know that too. But you've got to stop staring at her as if she's some kind of food." After his sentence he yawned big time and I rested my head on the desk facing his tired face.

"Late night again?" I've asked him as I noticed grey shadows under his eyes.

"Girls. They are really complicated." He answers me very vaguely.

I laughed. "So I'm guessing I'm not the only one having the half, half."

He scoffed. "If only I didn't like her. I will not wait for her after her night classes. Why does she has to take that night classes. Can't she just change her schedule?!"

"Aigoo. Pathetic." I .

"Same as you. The moment you fall deeply with Dara, you will be as pathetic as me." He teased me back. I have fallen deeply for her. I wanted to answer him but I restrained myself, I don't think I need to speak the obvious.

He opened his eyes and stared at me. "But seriously, you aren't taking any night classes, why can't she do that?"

"Maybe leading a sorority is more difficult than leading a fraternity?" I answered him. Hyorin is the leader of the sorority which is female counterpart of YG frat. Youngbae has been trying to woo Hyorin for about a month now and she still didn't give him an answer whether or not she will date him. I find it cute that Youngbae fell for Hyorin. She suits him well. Height in mind. I restrained myself from laughing. As I reminisce today's event, and how tall Dara is. Not bad. Her height is not bad compared to mine. We suit each other so damn well too. I smiled.

"I just wished she would give me an answer now, a month has already passed." He responded. I just smiled at my best friend. I know that Hyorin likes him, maybe she can't answer him due to having too much responsibilities. Maybe that's her reason why she is afraid to commit, afraid that she will neglect Youngbae and ends up hurting him.

"She will dude. Just be patient." I smiled at him as I straightened my back. I really believe Hyorin will, in due time.

"Just like you?"

I nodded. "Yes, just like me." I smiled. I will be patient. Because patience is a virtue.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After taking a long shower, Dara sat down on her bed and stared at nothingness. This day has been the most tiring day of her week although it usually isn't since she doesn't have much classes. She looked around and decided to stare at her books which are piled up on top of her study table. One more day then it's weekend.

She sighed and walked towards the table and retrieve the book for Professor Jung's class. She wasn't been able to concentrate on the earlier class so she decided to read the textbook. She have to come prepared in that class tomorrow and she decided not to dwell on what happened today. Tomorrow is another day. She smiled and continued reading the text. Unfortunately, nothing seems to register inside her mind as she read the text one by one. "Arrrgggghhh!" She exclaimed. "Why the heck did he confessed to me?!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter