CHAPTER II

THE FRAT GUY & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-+= CHAPTER II =+-

University life, I've never thought about this ever. I thought once I finished my middle school, I'll be up in the streets looking for a job that will suit me. A cashier job, a waitress in a joint, or a barista in a coffee shop. But look at me now. I've burrowed my head into books before graduating to earn a respectable marks and to be able to go to this University. It was never my dream, but one day, I realized what will become of me if I just stop there. That day, I started thinking about what I really want to do in my life. Not just settling for something acceptable, but something that I really wanted. And that reminded me of my simple pleasure decorating the restaurant of my mother, the office of my father, the rooms of my sister and brother. I wanted that, picking furniture, selecting textiles, decorating walls, mix-matching various materials. I love that. Then that thought hit me, I wanted to be an Interior Designer. That was my turn around point. I've tried my best to change everything. Knowing that all my grades are just by the passing mark, it won't do. I've begged my father to send me to cram school to learn more and to make my marks better so that I can go to a University. I was able to make it. And I won't screw this up.

I sat down on an empty bench and looked around me. Hmmmm, my peaceful University life. This has been my life for over 3 years now and the end results of all my hard work will be seen in less than a year now. I'll be graduating this school year and nobody will be able to stop me. My dreams will be achievable just how I foresee it, without any bumps, no hassles and no distractions. Or not. .

By the time I raised my eyes from the ground to somewhere in front of me, I regretted it. There an ultimate distraction is heading his way towards me. I hurriedly stood up, but having the short legs that I got from my mom, he beats me to it.

"Ms. Park." He greeted me with his gummy smile.

"Eh? Ms. Park??" I've asked him.

"Sandara?" He smiled at me again.

"Eh?? Who are you?" I raised my brow on him.

"Seriously?" He stopped just a meter in front of me.

"What do you want?" I've asked him, not bothering to answer his question.

"So, you do know me." He answered me while crossing his arms against his chest.

"W-what? Is it that important?" I've asked him again.

He stretched his arms and spreads his hand in front of me. "Kwon Jiyong." He introduced himself and flashed me another gummy smile.

I stared at his stretched arm and hand and decided to tap it away from me. "I know. What do you want?" I changed my voice into my most serious and annoyed tone and with my chin up.

"So you really do know me." He tucked his hands inside his front jeans' pocket and took a step closer to me. I stood there straight without removing my stare on his face."Haven't you been ignoring me for quite a while now?" He looked at me intensely. Not wavering from my almost violent stare.

"It wasn't my intention." I answered him vaguely. I tried my best to keep my composure up, I must not waver. I must be firm, I must appear strong in front of him even though my knees are starting to shake.

"Then why aren't you replying to any of my messages? Or even picking-up my calls?" He answered me with questions.

"My phone is broken. I-it's not working. Yeah. It's not working. Didn't hear any notifications. Yep. No messages. No calls. It's not ringing. Yeah. No sounds at all." Then to my utter disappointment, my phone suddenly rings. I bit my lower lip. Crap!

"Hah!" He raised his brow. "Not working huh? No sounds at all?"

I glanced at my phone and cancelled the call, it's from Bom. I raised my head and looked directly at him. "What do you want anyway?" I will not yield to his bossiness or his charms. I will not!

"You must know what I want, I have been sending messages for quite a while now. Aren't you reading it?" He took another step forward. Now the distance between us is around half a meter.

"I told yo---" I was going to answer him but he cuts me out.

"Your phone isn't working?" He smiled at me. Before I knew it he snatches my phone and browsed it. "You know, lying is not a good thing right? Oh there it is. My messages." He puts my phone up and wagged it in front of my face.

I snatched my phone back and put it inside my bag. When I straightened my body, I was surprised to see his face around 3 inches in front of me. My body's initial reaction was to move backwards, but my shaking legs didn't help at all, causing me to almost fall on my back.

He catches me while my back is still bent, hanging halfway from the ground. His left hand is on my back supporting my weight, his right hand is gripping my upper left arm. His face is too close, I can smell cigarette smell from his mouth mixed with minty fragrance. I inhaled his scent and was going to close my eyes, but his next words stopped me from doing so.

"Date me Miss Park." He grinned at me.

"Are you kidding?" This time, I raised my brow on him and pulled myself from his grip, but his right hand gripped my wrist.

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" He looked at me with a serious expression. "Date me Miss Park." He reiterate.

"Look, if you just want to have fun, don't drag me into your whirlpool of mess. I am not interested." I tried to turn on my heel and leave him but his grip on my wrist just tightened.

"Date me Sandara." He said it again, but this time with my name. I opened my mouth to answer him, but he cuts me off. "This is not just a fun in my whirlpool of mess, I like you. And I am serious."

I released my arm from his grip. "Well I am serious too. I am not interested." I spun around and walked away from him, thankful that he lets go of my wrist. I walked fast before he stops me again. I was happy for a couple of seconds when I knew he didn't follow me. But to my utter dismay, he shouted at my back.

"Park Sandara!" He first shouted my name. "I LIKE YOU!" He shouted again. "I'll make you date me no matter what!" He continued and I heard people whistling, applauding and I ignored them. Most of the students in front of me are all gawking at me, grinning like maniacs. Damn, now I'll be ridiculed! What happened to my peaceful University life?! Damn this frat guy. This Kwon! AishhhH!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yah!" I heard Chaerin shouted lightly but I didn't budge from where I am. After my humiliating experience with the Kwon guy, I went directly to the library to have my peace. As expected, the news have wings. People who don't know me before already knows me by name and by face. That's how popular Jiyong is. Darn that Kwon guy!

I slightly moved the book that I was holding upright, exposing a bit of my eyes. "What?" I whispered to Chaerin as I look at her.

She threw me a look which says 'Are you crazy?' before settling herself on the chair in front of me. She leaned forward and tilted the book a bit down. "What's happening?" She whispered.

I raised my brows on her and looked at her intently. She shook her head. I sighed. "Haven't you heard?"

"Heard what?" She shot me a clueless look.

"That? You know?" I answered vaguely.

"Er? What the heck Dara? You're scaring me." She shot me a different look, this time it's a worried look. "Did you kill someone?"

"Eh?! Of course not!" I blurted.

"SHHHHHHH!!!!" The people around us shoosh me.

I stood up and apologized. "I'm sorry." I said while bowing my head over and over.

Chaerin stood up as well, she walked beside me and pulled me down to my chair. She settled herself too and nudge me to stop. "Why are you hiding here?" Chaerin asked me. 

"It's too embarrassing to walk in the campus after meeting with Kwon." I said to her while I try put the book in upright position again, but Chaerin stopped me and put the book down o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter