CHAPTER XII

THE FRAT GUY & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-=+ CHAPTER XII +=-

"You do know that I could pay for our coffee and cake right? I mean, don't you think it's unfair? You have paid for the lunch, then the movie and now this... I have savings too and allowance." Dara asked Joong-ki. It was Sunday and they have agreed to meet for their first date.

"Hmmm. That is true." Joong-ki answered while running his fingers on his chin. "But No. I don't think so. As if I will let you. You are a student and I'm almost like an adult here. And what do you mean unfair? I am earning for my living already." Joong-ki answered smiling.

Dara smiled. "Almost like an adult? Should I call you..." Dara paused and Joong-ki leaned forward and reached forward to grab his cup of coffee as he waited for Dara's statement. He was waiting for Dara to say 'oppa' and he is really expecting it. "Ahjussi!" She laughed after saying it.

"Yah!" Joong-ki replied but with a smile on his lips. He rolled his eyes and joined in the laughter. "Seriously, would you really call your boyfriend 'ahjussi'?"

Dara upon hearing him say 'boyfriend' suddenly stopped from laughing and straightened her back and sipped on her coffee. She is not used to it and honestly, though she is really comfortable being with Joong-ki, she still felt uncomfortable with the sudden turn of events. "Well it came from you, you are an adult." Dara forced a nervous smile.

"Should I call you Ah--" Joong-ki said and Dara immediately stopped him.

"Oppa!" She cutely shouted and Joong-ki immediately blushed. "Aigoo." Dara . "I never thought that will actually work. I have seen it in countless drama, but seeing your reaction now. Priceless. It's really priceless!" Dara smirked.

"Yah! Are you making fun of me?" Joong-ki playfully glared at her. "Kidding aside, don't over-think about me spending. I think it's just normal."

"I just don't think it's fair for you." Dara answered.

"What's not fair? I'm having a great time Dara. I haven't have fun for quite a while now. All I do was work. The girls are even telling me I'm slowly becoming a zombie." Joong-ki smiled.

"You're quite close to them right?" Dara asked.

Joong-ki nodded. "We all used to hang out before. You know. With him." He doesn't want to ruin the mood by dropping his name so he choose to be vague. But of course, Dara knows who he is talking about. "But we became busy with our own world."

"Ahhh. I didn't know." Dara smiled.

Joong-ki leaned over and reached for her hand. "I'm sorry. I guess it's not easy to avoid talking about him especially when we got to know each other because of him."

Dara's eyes travelled towards the strong yet gentle hand that's caressing her hand. She realized she felt security as Joong-ki her hand with his thumb. "Ani. Actually..." She raised her eyes and looked at Joong-ki. "I'm more sorry because we can't seem to avoid bringing him up."  

Joong-ki shook his head. "Don't worry. Don't worry about me. I know enough. I'm just glad you agreed to see me. I know I was pushy and I kept thinking that you will take it back when you said you'll date me. But after you said yes to my invitation for today, I couldn't be happier." He smiled sincerely. "Thanks Dara."

"I'm really sorry, I hope..." Dara paused. "I hope I would not give you pain." She continued.

"Hmmm..." Joong-ki smiled sincerely. He knows this is quite a battle, removing someone from someone's heart is something difficult. But having Dara beside him can already compensate for a hard job, he truly likes Dara.

From the day at the wedding, he can't stop thinking about her. It's the first time for him, to like someone. He was always about friends, studies and now work. His friends are always teasing him that he is so upbeat. The times he had fun was only when he hangs out with his friends, the girls and Jiyong and his friends which is not much. But when he started working, everything stopped, all he does is work. It's no wonder he was promoted at an early age, he was happy, like he can't ask for anything more. He began feeling complete through his work, even the girls are teasing him all the time that he is a working zombie. But seeing Dara in the party that day, he realized he is missing something in his life. Not just fun, but something more.

He realized, although work is fulfilling, he was actually empty inside. He remember going home to his empty house right after work. The peaceful nights he spent alone in his place. He began thinking about men at his age, what are they doing during those times. He bet that they are outside, dating, having fun with friends, drinking, partying or even just having coffee with a companion. Although work satisfies him, he knows something was missing. His heart feels empty. And he needs somebody to fill it, somebody to warm it. That's how he felt when Dara smiled at him. She warms his heart. And that moment, he knows, he needs Dara in his life.

He never wanted to steal the girl from Jiyong. He is friends with Jiyong, but sometimes, there's a call in your life that you cannot ignore. A call to be greedy. He never wanted to have Dara in a bad way, but after knowing the truth about Dara and Jiyong, he knows he has to make a move. He has to take the opportunity. It's a pathetic case, but he is fine with that. He will make Dara his, he just needs to make her forget Jiyong.

"Let's make a deal." Joong-ki said to Dara.

"A deal?" Dara asked him.

"Yes. Every time he visits you inside your mind, you have to divert your thoughts to me." Joong-ki replied. Dara looked at him sideways not fully understanding it. "I want to help you forget about him. But you've gotta help yourself too. So every time Ji pops into your mind, immediately, without hesitation, think about me. Think how handsome I am. How nice my biceps are. How cute I am. Anything that reminds me of you. That way, hopefully, even slowly, you will find your way, thinking about me instead of him." He smiled at her.

Dara smiled. "How cute you are? How nice your biceps? How about how neat you dress? Or how formal you are? Aigoo..." Dara shook her head then she nodded. "Okay. I will think of you Ahjussi!" Dara . She wanted to do this, she wanted to forget about him, she wanted to move on. And having Joong-ki  beside her surely does help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what else did you do? Just movies? Are you sure? And some coffee?" Bommie teases Dara while they are eating in the cafeteria. Dara just rolled her eyes on her friend while she takes another big bite from her sandwich. "Waeyo? Just that? Where's the romance?! It's your first real date! Come on!" Bommie continued to .

Her mind then processed Bommie's words. It's true in fact that this was her first real date, well that is of course if you don't count the wedding date she has with Jiyong. She suddenly felt something churn inside her tummy and she just blamed it on the sandwich she was eating. Her supposed first real date was the cancelled movie date with Jiyong and she began to think how would it be? Will it also be fun like his date with Joong-ki? Her boyfriend? She suddenly shook her head. She shouldn't be thinking about Jiyong, not a split second or two. She just shouldn't. She took another big bite from her sandwich and looked up, only to see the person she was trying not to think about. She squinted her eyes for a couple of times, maybe she is hallucinating, but the figure is still there, walking his way towards their table. Her face was bloated with the big bite she just took, she looked at Bommie to warn her and she knows Bommie's mouth will start moving in a second. She tried her best to chew her food fast, only to be beaten by Bommie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter