CHAPTER I

THE FRAT GUY & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-+= CHAPTER I =+-

 

There he is walking like as if he is the king of the world. Walking the corridors with this aura that I can't seem to interpret. Something tells me he doesn't even know that he has this kind of aura that makes everyone look at him like he is the most delicious man alive or maybe he does. He does. He just glanced in my direction and smirked at me. Damn, I really hate this guy, rather, this type of guy. I hate frat boys. I shrugged that feeling that he threw on me with that handsome smirk he just shot me. Oh no, that handsome smirk. Not handsome! Definitely not handsome! No. NO. NO! That's an annoying smirk. I restrained my hands from slapping my face.  

The truth is, if I would scan the crowd where he is, he will definitely stand out. Whether he is wearing the most basic clothes or the most flashy clothes, there's no difference. It doesn't change. He will definitely stand out with his squad that all has their own captivating characteristics. Yes, all of them. That Seunghyun with a very handsome face as Bom, my friend puts it. Daesung with his smiling eyes. Seungri with his mischievous personality. And Youngbae, with the hot body. I felt a shiver down my spine as I am thinking the unthinkable right now. Focus, they shouldn't cloud your mind. Especially him.

I straighten my back and looked straight at my teacher. I better not spend another second thinking about that Kwon guy. Kwon Jiyong. He is bad news, definitely bad news. I breathed deeply and looked back at the corridor where he is still standing and talking with somebody. And there he is smiling like it's the last smile of his life, so glorious and victorious. Any woman could melt. Including me.  I shook my head. This can't be it. It's all gummy dummy, why would I melt?! I sighed. The real reason I hate him so much, is because as much as I hate frat boys, he was still able to make my eyes glued to him. He makes my head move where he is heading. When it should not. He is exactly the type of guy that I really hate. And yet, I'm undeniably attracted to him. Darn.

You see, when we were still in middle school, my best friend Chaerin dated a frat guy from a college nearby. His name is Park Jay, a couple of years older than us. At first he was like the most caring guy we knew, all of our friends approved of him. He is a perfect gentleman and all despite his tattoos and his get-up. But that all changed when Chaerin denied him of touching her more than what he was allowed. Or at least that's how I interpreted it. Chaerin didn't really told us the details, but that's what I was able to patch up with her vague stories. In the end he blurted that he was never serious to begin with and that no frat guy would treat her seriously and all. Or that's how I took it from her broken stories. I'm filling up the blanks, but I think, more or less, I am right. She was definitely heartbroken. And that's the start. My hate for frat boys.

"Is that more entertaining than my lecture Ms. Kim?" Our Professor Jung Hye-Young glared at my classmate. "Perhaps looking at smiling Mr. Kwon outside is more appealing than learning something from me. Feel free to go outside and drool over him all you want, I don't care about  your presence here. If you don't want to learn, go out. Don't waste both of our time. If anybody of you wanted to go out with Ms. Kim, go ahead. I'll give you 10 seconds to step out of my class." She lectured while tapping her long nails on the teacher's table as if counting 1-10 in each tap.

"I'm sorry Professor Jung. It won't happen again." Kim Ji-Won apologized.  She was red, humiliated and frightened at the same time. She cannot deny what just happened, or that Professor Jung's words are false. She was gawking at that Kwon guy. And not just her, but almost all of the female students. Including me. I sighed. It's just that she is the most obvious one.

"Make sure it doesn't happen again, because this is the second time I've caught you batting your eyelashes while nearly drooling over the great Mr. Kwon. Let me tell you, that act won't even secure you a D-. So you better straighten your head up Ms. Kim. Mr. Kwon is not your stairway to good grades. Or even a passing mark." She glared at her and continued with her lecture.

I sighed. I was relieved it wasn't me that she noticed. She's the most strict out of all the Professors here in the University and Ji-Won would probably have a hard time passing her class if she continues like this. Actually, she is on the verge of failing when our Professor has noticed her the first time. And now for a second time, she's hanging by a super thin thread.

I straightened my back even more and gazed at the white board and continued jotting down important things to remember. I don't need a failing grade right now or my father will surely get angry at me. In the middle school,  I was not really a good student, not that I am poor up there, but I'm rarely serious about anything.  I seriously  begged my father to let me go in this University by promising not to get any failing grades. Knowing me, who never gets earnest about anything, they feared that I'll just hang around the campus without really finishing anything or learning anything. But I am serious this time, I really wanted to be an Interior Designer. It was my passion and I have to work hard for it. I sighed again and smiled.

It's not that I hate school before, in fact I like going to the school and spend my days with my friends and classmates. I get to dress in our cute school uniform pus I get an allowance by just waking up early and listening to boring lectures. I can listen you see. I have no problem with that. But I don't get serious. I never get serious. But that was before. Before having my dream.

Learning has become my priority now. No more, no less. I've gotta learn all what I could learn and reach my dream. I'm getting my dream. Me, Park Sandara will definitely be an Interior Designer.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Professor Jung Hye-Young sure is scary." I sipped on my drink and look at Chaerin. Chaerin is my best friend. She has been my neighbor and my friend for a long time now. She is almost like my sister.

"But she is one of the best." She answered me. "She is really pretty though. It's still hard to think that she is scary."

I blew on a strand of hair on my face and answered her. "She is. Her lectures are so intense. It's like you can't remove or shouldn't remove your gaze from her."

"That was alarming or not. At least she is a pretty sight. She's scary but pretty. An odd combination." She huffed. "If you have Professor Jung, we have Professor Kim Sang-Joong."

"Well he is handsome! Well, you know, in a fatherly side. He is handsome." I retracted my statement.

Chaerin laughed a bit. "You're so funny. You've got hots for him?" I glared at her and then she pressed her lips in a thin line. "Yes he is, but he is terribly scary too."

"Oh well, I guess we all have the same Professor in every course." I answered her. Chaerin is a Fashion Management student.  I honestly think that suits her well, she is the most fashionable out of us anyway.

"Seriously Dara, you've gotta give him attention now." Chaerin suddenly blurted out.

"What?" I've asked her as I raised my head and looked at her face. We are in the school cafeteria having our lunch together. I stared at her blankly.

She nodded towards somewhere in our left side and I followed her gaze. The second I reached the point in which she was gazing at I instantly frowned. There he is sitting on one of the tables with his magnificent aura and his squad, looking at me with that super confident smile. He nods his head once and smiled more brightly at me. More gums. Haissst... I shook my head and saw his squad all looked at me with this smile that I can't seem to decipher. "What's that all about?!" I've asked Chaerin. They give me creeps from time to time, like they are some part of a cult.

"Seriously Dara. That guy has a thing for you. Can't you notice it?" Chaerin answered me as she took a bite on her sandwich.

"You have a problem with your eyes Chae?" I looked at her.

She just shook her head and bit her lower lip . "I guess  I should be asking you that question. Why are you denying such fact?"

"Because even if that's a fact, I don't care. I really hate guys such as him." I answered her.

"Is this because of what happened to me in middle school Dara?" She looked at me with worry in her eyes. "Because you do know not all people are the same, even if they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter