CHAPTER IX

THE FRAT GUY & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
FIRST OF ALL, SORRY! Been swamped with work for 2 weeks then went for a vacation for 2 weeks (I left my lappy so I couldn't write even on my free time). Are you still waiting for this fic? I have a feeling a lot of subscribers already left. I'm so sorry. I did not abandon the story, it's just that, I needed time to work then rest. SORRY Guys!!! Here's an update, I haven't proof read it yet, just to give you guys fast update. 

 

 

 

-=+ CHAPTER IX +=-

 

"Yongiie!" Somebody shouted and suddenly Jiyong felt tiny arms embracing his legs. He looked down and saw his nephew Lee Seo-jun grinning at him. Obviously not minding the tension between Dara and Jiyong.

"O--oh." Jiyong looked at Seo-jun then to Dara then to Seo-jun again. "Oh." He said again, more coherently this time as he nods his head. Finally realizing that it was Seo-jun and not Joong-ki with Dara.

"You were saying?" Dara asked and he looked at her, he grinned at her embarassingly. Dara looked at his hand which is still gripping her arm and he immediately released her.

He smiled at her but didn't answer her. He scooped Seo-jun by his underarm and lifted him up in a swift motion causing the little boy to giggle. "Seo-jun! You are so heavy, what did you eat?" Jiyong asked Seo-jun while he was still in the mid air exposing his tummy, Jiyong tickled his tummy with his nose and lips causing the kid to burst into loud laughter. Dara just stared at Jiyong and Seo-jun, she was still surprised on how scary Jiyong looked earlier but looking at him now, she can't help but admire the happy uncle-nephew atmosphere.

"Let's go?" Jiyong looked at her as he put Seo-jun on his shoulders. Jiyong didn't wait for her to answer, he his heel and moved towards the party venue.

Their gazes crossed and Dara took advantage of it when Jiyong looked at her while walking. "What's that earlier?"

"What was what?" Jiyong tried to act dumb.

"You know? Your sudden outburst." She answered him.

"Outburst? When did I? Right Seo-jun?" Jiyong replied back and tickled the boy on his shoulders. Loud laughter is heard from the kid.

"Oh okay." Dara scoffed. She knew Jiyong was acting weird earlier, he seems jealous, but remembering what she promised herself, she decided not to probe anymore.

"What are you doing there outside with this kid?" Jiyong asked Dara as he tickled the kid's back slightly, the kid just giggled as they walk.

"He pulled me outside to play, so I went out with him." Dara answered simply.

"I thought you are... Oh nothing. I'll give Seo-jun first to his omma." Jiyong replied when they have reached the venue.

Dara looked at his back but didn't utter a single word. Instead of going back to her seat with Jiyong's female cousins, she decided to go to the restroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and decided to retouch her face with some powder. While dabbing the sponge on her face her mind drifted back to the expression of Jiyong earlier and she shivered just thinking about the way Jiyong looked at her.

"He was definitely angry earlier..." She said in a tiny voice. "Oh well, he said he wasn't." She shrugged at the thought.

After she finished retouching her make-up she went out and saw Joong-ki leaning on the wall opposite to the girl's restroom.

"Hi." Dara said shyly. They were introduced earlier but they weren't able to converse a lot since Jiyong suddenly excused them and led her to his female cousins. She was going to walk pass him when Joong-ki extended his hand, holding a cute rabbit flush toy. "Huh?"

"Keep it, I got it as a prize in the cupcake." Joong-ki smiled at her. She remembered seeing a lot of visitors lining up for the cake but she just thought they wanted a slice of cake, but now she realized their lining up for the gifts inside the cupcakes surrounding the cake.

Dara was a bit confused as to why he is giving it to her. She smiled as she looked at the toy then she raised her gaze to his. "Are you sure?" She really liked the toy.

"Yes. I have no one else to give it too. And I think it suits you." Joong-ki replied while raking his fingers on his hair nervously, obviously feeling shy.

"Oh okay thanks." Dara held the toy with her two hands and aimed to walk back to the venue as she smiled at him.

But Joong-ki held her arm, stopping her from moving any further. "Uhhmm... You are not dating Ji right?"

Dara pressed her lips in a thin line before answering. "Yes, we aren't dating." As far as she knows, they aren't. Sharing a kiss doesn't necessarily means we are dating right? Even though it's my first...

A smile lit up the handsome face of Joong-ki then he released her. "So I heard from Jiyong you are taking Interior Design?"

"Yes. I heard from unnie you are already working?" She was curious too.

"Yes, I'm actually an Assistant Design Director now in an architecture, interior design and planning firm." Joong-ki replied, he stood straight and nod his head towards the exit. "Mind if we walk outside as we talk?"

Dara smiled and turned around. "Not at all. Wow,  I thought it was a construction company."

"Well, we are a contracting company too that deals with construction. We have architects and designers who both work from scratch by planning and building communities and spaces within. Maybe you could work with us when you graduate." Joong-ki smiled.

"Oh, how I wish I could be a part of your company, it's quite a big name in that industry." She asked him.

"Yes, I interned there and was lucky they have an opening and I got the job. When it's time for you, let me know, I'll pull some strings maybe you could do your internship there too." He smiled and stared at Dara, her face lit up.

"Really? You'll do that?" Dara asked him, it would be awesome for her to have such connections especially now that looking for a job is a bit hard, taking internship from a good company will help even if she doesn't get absorbed.

"Sure. I had my uncle do that for me so I guess I should pay it forward." He winked at her and she smiled at him sincerely. She is really thankful, because it has been on her mind for a while now where to do her internship and the company where Joong-ki is working is on the top of her list.

They stopped just by the garden where Dara and Seo-jun went. Joong-ki smiled while observing Dara,  who is watching some guests talking on the corridor. "I know we have just met, but can I get your number? I mean, I need it, no, you need to contact me right? When the time for internship comes? Let's exchange numbers." He shyly asked her.

Dara looked at him and she slowly smiled. "Sure, why not." Dara pulled her phone from her clutch. He is so nice. She thought.

"May I?" Joong-ki asked and placed his hand, palm-up in front of her. Dara placed it on his palm and Joong-ki dialed some number and gave it back to Dara. "My number." He smiled at her.

"Oh okay, I'll save it." Dara smiled back as she took her phone back. She was thinking to thank Jiyong for inviting her here, such luck will not come to her without being able to meet Joong-ki.

"So any plans after the party?" Joong-ki asked her.

Dara looked at her watch, it's noon time now. She was surprised not to notice the time. She was enjoying herself and Jiyong's relatives' company that she did not bother looking at the time. "I guess home?"

"Maybe I could ask Jiyong if I should drop you home as Jiyong might take time and might stay longer since his whole family is here." Joong-ki offered.

"Oh you are right. But thanks, don't worry, I could take the bus from here." She answered him.

"I don't think that's fair to let you ride the bus, when I can perfectly drop you home." Joong-ki responded.

"Drop who home?" Jiyong suddenly appeared behind them. He has a serious expression on his face that Dara suddenly felt scared again. He walked towards Dara and faced Joong-ki.

Joong-ki remained unfazed, he just smiled at Jiyong. "Just offering her a ride home Ji. I just thought you would want to spend more time with the fam."

Jiyong forced himself to smile. "Thoughtful as ever. But no thanks, I can drop Dara by myself. We don't want to bother the busy you." He spoke as he slowly slid his hand over Dara's shoulder. Once landed, he gently pulled her towards him, closing the gap between their bodies. Dara immediately blushed.

Joong-ki's eyes followed Jiyong's hand's movement. He chuckled a bit when Jiyong tugged Dara near him. "Arasso. But if you want to go home already and Jiyong can't drop you, just let me know Dara." He looked at Dara's blushing face.

"O--" Dara started her reply, but Jiyong stopped her by replying to Jiyong again.

"She won't need you to drop her. I can assure you. I'll be the one dropping her home." Jiyong answered him sternly but Joong-ki remained unshaken by his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter