CHAPTER XIV

THE FRAT GUY & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-=+ CHAPTER XIV +=-

 

Dara breathed heavily before pressing the door bell. It took more than a minute before somebody opened it. The moment it opened, Dara's heart was already beating fast like literally it will leap out of her chest. She was holding her breath as she gaze on the man's eyes. She gulped first before saying anything. "I want to talk to you." She said not meeting his eyes.

Jiyong was already awake when he heard the doorbell. He actually just woke up and decided to take some medicine to cure his massive head ache. He is not expecting anybody, so he was so surprised. Last night when he became sober enough, the guys talked to him and showed him the video. They couldn't find the right words to explain what just happened so they just decided to show him what Daesung filmed. After seeing the video of his last drunken conquest with Youngbae, he knows Dara will have a lot of question, but he never expected her to come to his place, to confront him. He didn't know she was brave enough to face him and talk to him. Since they both basically been avoiding each other for months now. He took a step backwards, allowing Dara to enter his place.

Dara walked inside and stopped just near the living room. She can't feel her legs anymore. Although she was so determined in the morning to make things straight with Jiyong, now she was nervous as hell.

Jiyong stared at Dara's back. "Do you want something to drink? Water or perhaps beer? I have those two only, I haven't gone to the grocery for a whi--" Jiyong wasn't able to finish his sentence as Dara spoke, unable to contain her anger anymore.

"W-What do you still want from me?" Dara asked Jiyong. She spun around and faced Jiyong. "Why are you still so hung up about it Jiyong? It has been months already!"

Jiyong stared at her and raked his fingers on his hair. "I did not do anything Dara."

Dara closed her eyes then opened it again. "Then why are you still sputtering those nonsense last night?!" Last night after hearing Jiyong's words, she can't help but waver. It has been months since she chose Joong-ki. She grew to like Joong-ki and slowly she finds herself forgetting about Jiyong. It was also thanks to Jiyong, when he stopped wooing her and appears less and less in front of her, she began to withdrew from her feelings for Jiyong and sees Joong-ki in a different light. But seeing how hurt Jiyong is that night, she began to waver again. Old feelings rise up and she was all over hurt again. She felt her old wound opened again and worst, it's bleeding.

Jiyong sighed. This is not what he expected, when he thinks about it, he thought Dara might just want to know the truth and just walk out. He never expected her to be angry at him, he was even expecting that Dara will feel sorry for him. "I was drunk Dara. I'm not in my correct state of mind."

"Then are you in your correct state of mind now?!" Dara asked him loudly and this rang in Jiyong's ears, making his headache worse.

Jiyong suddenly felt irritated that Dara is still shouting at him. It was the alcohol talking and he didn't even really know that she was there and not just some hallucination. "Look, yes, it's been months now. I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry I'm still hung up with our story. I'M SO SORRY!" Jiyong apologized irritably.

Dara can sense that Jiyong was irritated by her and it irritates her even more. "Well, guess what?! I don't need your sorry. Why say sorry when you are actually holding a grudge on me?!"

"Then what do you want me to say?! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY?!" Jiyong answered her.

"See why the hell are you saying sorry when you don't even mean it?!" Dara shouted again.

"Why are you shouting?! What are you so angry about?" Jiyong raised his voice.

"Because all this time I thought you have moved on when obviously you have not!" Dara glared at him.

"And so what?! Did I even bother you? I didn't right?! I was drunk Dara and I didn't even know you were real. If you just wanted to fight with me and shout, just go, I'm so tired of this." Jiyong turned around to go towards the door to open it and Dara went towards him and hit him on his back a couple of times. He spun around and held Dara's wrist. "What's your problem Dara?!" He asked her, now it really annoys him how she is treating him.

"You're tired of me? Well guess what?! I hate you Jiyong! I totally hate you!" Dara shouted. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I FCKING HATE YOU!!!!" She speaks repetitively as she hits Jiyong's chest.  

Jiyong stopped her while gripping her wrists. "I know! So stop it! Do you really think I deserve this Dara?! I lost you! I lost you to him! And it was because of my fcking stupidity! You don't think that is enough? The pain that I've felt when you left me? You think that wasn't enough? OKAY! Then hit me over and over again until you've decided I've had enough!" Jiyong shouted at her as he released her hands and puts his hands away from his body letting her to freely hurt him.

Dara froze in front of him as she stared on his pained expression, her tears suddenly roll down her cheeks as she hit him on his chest a couple times lightly and rested her fists on it. "If you think you are the only one who was in pain, then you are wrong Dara. I fcking lived my life for months rethinking what could I have done differently. I fcking lived my life seeing you happy with another man. My heart? It hurts more than it could take. I can't even think how I survived when you left me. But despite all that. Did I bother you Dara? I didn't right? When you haven't even let me talk to you, to explain to you what really happened that one week I disappeared. You didn't give me a chance. You are so drowned in your pain that you let yourself be swayed by Joong-ki. You didn't hear me out Dara. You didn't give me a chance."

She looked at his pained face, a tear suddenly roll down on his cheek, she felt guilty. "Y-you didn't give me an explanation."

"You didn't let me. I tried. But you closed your heart from me." Jiyong responded. "You shut me out of your life. That's how unimportant I am to you."

Dara shook her head. "No, you were important to me that's why I didn't let you in. I don't want to be hurt. I don't want to be hurt anymore. I don't want you to hurt me." She answered.

Jiyong nodded. "That's why you choose to hurt me instead."  Jiyong removed her hands from his chest and walked out of his place. Leaving the baffled Dara standing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was walking around the park. He feels stupid for not being to understand why Dara acted that way. Why she barged into his place totally annoyed and was shouting at him. Last night, after reflecting over what happened, He was really thinking Dara will feel bad for him. It didn't cross his mind that Dara will be angry at him. Because seeing his state last night, he really looks pitiful.  

Why the hell is she angry? I stopped bugging her. I let her be. I just silently watched her. I didn't approach her anymore even though I was dying to win her back. Why would she act that way towards him? When he has been complacent with just looking at her afar. When he was silently observing her. He did not do anything, he even suppressed his anger while seeing her happy with Joong-ki.

He shook his head. He knows and he is sure that she's happy with him. Why would she be affected with his revelation? A revelation that he didn't intend her to know. Why is she this much affected? Why would she yell at him? What is she angry about? Why would she lose all her rationalities to confront him in his own place? He softly chuckled upon his stupid realization.  Why did I left my own place?

He never wanted any of this to happen. And he is really unsure why Dara is so pissed. Is it because I told her I love her? She must have known my feelings even though I didn't tell her directly before. He closed his eyes. I love her. Why would that make her angry?

He paced back and forth. Is she gone? He thinks as he walks. Won't I see her still there if I come back now? He looked at his watch, he has stayed in the park for almost an hour now. There's no way she'll still be there.  He continued walking towards his place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She twitch her spoon up, then she put it back again, twitched it again, then put it back again. What the hell did I do that? She quietly thinks. It has been 3 days since her outburst at Jiyong's place. She was thankful that she doesn't have to face Jiyong. It's term break now in school and she has been spending her time with Joong-ki ever since.

"Ahjumma..." Joong-ki softly called her, but Dara remained focused on what she was doing as if her life depends on it. "Ah---juuuu---mmmmaa..." Joong-ki stressed.

"Huh?" Dara woke up from her stupor.

"We're together but it feels lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter