CHAPTER XIII

THE FRAT GUY & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-=+ CHAPTER XIII +=-

 

"Hey Ahjumma.... Ahjummmaaa.... Ahjummmaaaa..." Joong-ki waved his hand in front of Dara's face.

Dara snapped back and answered him. "You were saying?"

"Aigoo you are spacing out." Joong-ki smiled at her. "Had a tough day?"

"Uhmm yeah. I'm just a bit tired. I have this exam in Introduction and Survey of Early Historical Styles coming this week and memorization wears me off." She answered, it's partially true and partially wrong since, part of the reason she was spacing out was due to the words of Jiyong.

"Gosh I love history!" Joong-ki replied.

"You do?" Dara asked him. Then her conversation earlier with Jiyong comes back to her, how pleasant it is to talk again with Jiyong about simple things. She closed her eyes for a bit and opened it, she directly looked at Joong-ki, determined to suppress her mind from thinking about Jiyong again.

"Yes, I love making patterns or techniques in memorization." Joong-ki smiled. "Should I teach you?"

"Techniques? Patterns?" She asked him. And he nodded. "Okay teach me." She smiled.

"Okay for example, in Architecture there's a famous notion 'Form follows function' was coined by Louis Sullivan, for me to remember that I used 'FFFLS'. Every time I encounter 'Form follows function' in any book or lesson, I always say 'FFFLS', then I immediately remembers Louis Sullivan." Joong-ki smiled widely.

"That's all Ahjussi?" Dara looked at him not convinced. "Then what is the meaning of 'D-U-B' in Architecture?"

"D-U-B? Then it's Durability, Utility and Beauty." Joong-ki smiled.

"Assa! You really used that method huh?" Dara can't believe he can answer her question easily like that.

Joong-ki smiled widely, oddly enough, it reminds Dara of Jiyong's smile, she immediately shook her head as if he was standing on her head. Get a hold of yourself will you?! His smile is not gummy at all. Focus!  "The truth is, until now, we are using it. Those three principles must be satisfied whenever you design a building. It must be fulfilled according to Roman Architect Vitruvius. He said that a good building should satisfy the three principles of firmitas, utilitas, and venustas. Well D-U-B in simpler terms or in modern Architechure."

"Oh so that's why." Dara laughed a bit, it amazes her that though their is not much, sometimes Joong-ki really acts or talks so mature.

"Why are you laughing?" Joong-ki asked.

Dara opened her lips a bit and showed her properly clasped upper and lower front teeth. "Because, when we talk like this, you really seem like an ahjussi." Dara leaned on the backrest of her chair when Joong-ki flashed her a startled look.

"Yah, ahjumma! Y-you.." Joong-ki uttered but wasn't able to finish his sentence. He was confused, he doesn't know how to react, should he be offended? But seeing how cute Dara is he can't help but feel good even though he was a bit offended.

Dara laughed more seeing the facial expression of Joong-ki. He just stared at her in awe but later on joined her in her laughter.

When they both ran out of air to laugh, Joong-ki asked her. "Do you really think that way?"

"Yeah, you seem like an Ahjussi when you talk seriously about work and Architecture." Dara answered as she wipe the corner of her eyes.

"No I mean generally?" He asked again.

Dara smiled. "Ani. You just get serious when it comes to your work, I like that about you, your passion is just overflowing."

"What else do you like about me?" Joong-ki suddenly asked, catching Dara off-guard.

"Ahh.. Ummm... Your smile, you're most handsome when you smile." Dara answered and bit her lower lip, unsure if she should be telling him this.

Joong-ki smiled ily and she frowned playfully. "So I'm handsome huh? What else?"

"More?" Dara asked him and he nodded. "I like, ummm, the way you dress so modest yet sophisticated and young, you are kind and so caring."

Joong-ki leaned forward towards her, they are sitting in a love seat in an ice cream parlor. He then placed his hand on the backrest, slowly extending his entire arm on it. Then he placed his hand on the shoulder of Dara. She didn't realize it because she was busy of putting what she likes about him in words.

"What else?" Joong-ki asked her again, probing her more for answers as his free hand slowly travelled towards Dara's cheek, making her face him.

"You're manly too, and although you talk like an ahjussi, you still make me laugh most of the times. You're very friendly towards my friends, I like tha--" Dara was stopped when Joong-ki's face suddenly moved forward capturing her lips in a swift motion.

She closed her eyes as she felt his lips against hers. Carefully, Joong-ki nibbled on her lips. Gently it with his tongue as he tastes her lips. Dara was shocked but was able to act in response to Joong-ki's intrusion to her lips. My second kiss. Her eyes fluttered open upon her rapid insight. She froze, but Joong-ki didn't stop kissing her. After a few seconds, Joong-ki pecked on her lip and smiled at her.

"Aren't you going to ask me?" He asked her.

"Hmmm?" She hummed in confusion. Her mind is in whirlwind, torn, how unfair it is for Joong-ki, that she thought of Jiyong while kissing him. She bit her lower lip and forced a smile.

"What I like about you?" He asked her.

She just smiled and nodded a bit. He understood it as if Dara is telling him to continue. Joong-ki smiled and continued to caress her cheek, realizing it late that he was still holding her, touching her. "I like how you make my heart warm, how it feels when I am with you. It's very confusing for me. Because you always make me out of breath but at the same time the air that I breath when I am with you fulfills me like it can supply me air for eternity. You suffocate me but restore my source of air. You confuse me Dara." He took a peck on her lips again and she closed her eyes.

What Joong-ki just told her, makes her lose her mind, makes her forget Jiyong. His revelation makes her realize how much she meant to Joong-ki. She closed her eyes and closed the gap in between their lips, kissing Joong-ki fervently and sincerely as her heart beats fast inside her chest. Joong-ki's words don't just make her comprehend how much she meant to Joong-ki, but it makes her realize how much Joong-ki can mean to her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stared at the clock. If only he could make the time faster, if only moving the hands of his clock could make the time in the entire world change, he would. He want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter