Mr. Popular's Secret

Love Contract

HYUNA's POV:

"A wedding?! With Jaejoong?!" Before I can stop myself, I cracked up. Hahahahaha. It's just SO funny laugh

My parents and sister looked shocked. 

Hmmm, I think I saw dissapointment on Jaejoong's face.. am I imagining things?

"What's so funny?" My dad asked.

I held my laugh. "Well, Jaejoong's my BEST FRIEND. No more, no less. So the wedding you're talking about is impossible." I said matter-of-factly.

"Omo, have you forgotten about the promise you two made before Jaejoong left?" my mom asked.

Promise? ... Oh, that. "Mom, we were kids back then. We were playing around. Anyway, we don't even have romantic feelings for each other at all. So even if I agree, it won't work out." I said with a shrug.

My sister spoke. "But Jaejoong said he lik---" 

"We shouldn't force her if she doesn't want to." Jaejoong interrupted. I shot him a smile for thanks.

My mom stood up. Her cheerfulness was gone. Trouble.... When my mom becomes serious, no one can stop her. "Young lady, what reason do you have to refuse? Jaejoong is a very suitable guy for you. You two don't even get into fights because you get along with each other so well!" My mom blurted out.

"And we're also very worried about you. Hyuna, you're 19, and you haven't even experienced having a lover for once. We don't want you to grow old without a husband." My dad added.

Aigoo, how troublesome. Knowing them, this discussion probably won't stop until I give in or I feed them with a valid reason to refuse.. Hyuna, think of a reason..  think of a reason .. Oh! I know!

"I HAVE A BOYFRIEND." I said. This is gonna work right? How bad can it be? 

"You do?" Hyori asked. I shot her a meaningful glare to shut her up.

My mom sat down and fixed her hair. "Hyuna, don't lie. I know you." she said.

I put my hands at my back and crossed my fingers. "I'm not lying." I said without looking at her in the eyes.

My dad spoke. "Bring him to your sister's birthday party at the end of the month then. You can do that right?"

Oh no ... OH NO.

"Or else you're grounded. And you won't have your for allowance for a year." My mom added.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME. A year? Do they want me to starve to death? Aish. "Fine. I will." I said without thinking.

"Dinner's over then." My mom said, then she stood up and walked away. My dad followed her.

Hyori stood up. "I guess I better leave the two of you then." And with that, she left.

There was awkward silence for a few seconds ..

"So you don't wanna marry me that much?" Jaejoong said, breaking the silence. He looked upset. I wonder why ..

I stood up and sat beside him. "Neh, don't take it the wrong way." I said.

He looked at me. "Do you really have a boyfriend then? Is he from your school?" He asked.

I hesitated a bit, then I nodded. "Why, are you jealous?" I asked playfully. "He's really cool and hot." I added. Of course I'm only messing with him.

"You don't have to describe him Hyuna. I'm gonna find out who he is soon." He said. He stood up. "I better go now. It's pretty late." he patted my head and smiled. "Behave okay?"

"Sure." I smiled back. Then he left.

As soon as I was alone, I buried my head in my hands.

Ottokae?! Where am I supposed to find a BOYFRIEND before Unni's birthday?!

----------

HYUNA's POV:

I look extra horrible today. I stayed up all night to think of a solution for my 'boyfriend' trouble. I was on  my way to class when I saw two huddled figures at the corner. Omo, are they making out?! At school?! Aigoo, kids these days .. I better stop them. I made my way towards them and found out that they were only talking..

"I like you Hyunseung.." Omo, the girl's confessing! To Hyunseung! "When I was depressed before, you held my hands and told me to cheer up. Ever since then, my heart has been racing for you. So-"

"I'm sorry. All this time, I've never looked at you that way. So can we stay as friends?"

"....I see... Thanks for coming out to see me. Bye." And with that, the girl left. Poor girl, she fell for a jerk.

I took a peek at Hyunseung. Hmmmm? He's writing something on his student notebook... Oh no. He caught me looking.

He smiled at me. "Hyuna. Do you remember me?" he asked.

"You're Hyunseung." Seriously, I met him yesterday, of course I'll remember him. He made quite an impression too.

"Ah! I'm happy to see that you know my name. I've been wanting to talk to you." He said gleefully.

"But you're popular." I said.

Ho shook his head. "No, that's not true! Come to think of it, you witnessed something awkward just now. I really don't know what's good about me-"

"I FEEL THE SAME WAY. You always have the same expression on your face. It's boring." I blatantly answered.

 

HYUNSEUNG's POV:

Eh? Did she just say I'm boring? This girl! How frank can she be? She's starting to get on my nerves! 

NO. You have to be patient Hyunseung. She'll fall for your charms sooner or later. So I continued smiling as I usually do..

"Hyunseung!" I heard someone call for me. It's our teacher. "Sorry, but can you help me a bit?" he asked.

How can I refuse? "Ah, sure! See you Hyuna." I said and left to help the lazy teacher.

 

HYUNA's POV:

He left. 

Wait, he dropped something. Oh, it's his student notebook. I picked it up and opened it.

Hey, these are the names of the girls in my class ... and what's with these check marks? My name is the only one that doesn't have one...

Eh? This can't be ..... He really IS a jerk! 

Wait... I can use this! A sly smile formed on my lips.

 

(After school...)

Hyunseung's alone at our classroom. He seems to be looking for something. Perfect.

"Damn it! Where did it go?! I can't lose it.." I heard him say. I stepped forward and closed the door behind me.

"Is this what you're looking for?" I said as I held up his student notebook. 

"Hyuna...." He looked worried. "Ah. That's mine. Did you pick it up for me?" He said. He's smiling at me again.

I stepped towards him. "Hyunseung, in order for a killer not to  leave any evidence behind, he should keep his secrets somewhere near him." I uttered as I opened his student notebook and showed it to him. "These are the names of the girls who fell for you, and dates and conditions in which they confessed to you. And the only person left... Looks like I'm the only one left. I have to say you're such an outrageous playboy--"

He stopped smiling and looked at the ground. "Why? Just because I treat them nicely, they fall in love with me easily. The also approach me first to confess to me. I didn't do anything you know?" He lifted his head up and I saw him smiling. It's not his usual smile, this one is different somehow. He continued talking. "Well, it's interesting, so it became a hobby of mine. But you were the last person for me to complete my quest." It feels like I'm talking to a completely different person. He's not acting fake anymore.

"Are you acting innocent?" I asked.

"Hmm? Not really. It's just easier that way to live, isn't it? If I treat them nicely, the girls like me. If i go along wiht their conversations, the guys like me. If I act like a good boy, the adults place their trust on me. Reading between the lines and acting is the easiest way to get along in life. You know?" He suddenly lounged towards me! He's so close ... He held both of my wrist. I accidentaly dropped the student notebook and he stepped on it.

"What a pity. I'm sorry that mr. popular is actually like this.." He said playfully. Ughhh, that smirk is killing me!

He thinks he's winning,  isn't he? "No..."  I wiggled my other hand free and I reached into my bag to get the xerox copies I got earlier of his student notebook. I threw it above, and the papers fell all around us. He looked surprised. Did he really think I'm stupid enough to not  make copies of the  evidence I have? Tsk tsk. 

"Neh, Hyunseung. I'VE DECIDED TO MAKE YOU MY BOYFRIEND."

-----------

Writer's note:

Yay! I finished it! :D How was it? Hyunseung reappeared! :D

Again, I would like to say that this fanfic is inspired by the manga 'Watashi ni xx Shinasai.'

I'll be working on chaper 5 later after out exams ! :3

Oh. And for those who asked, I'm 14 years old :)

 

Follow me on twitter: @imCathyyy

God bless ^^