Breaking World - Chapter 8

Breaking World

The man nodded in acknowledgement at each of the members whom he had trained.  The only members who were willing to volunteer for a job that no one else dared to take.

"At ease," ordered the man.  He noticed that one member was not present.  "Where is L?"

"We have not been able to contact him, Sir," replied Hoya.

"I see."  He nodded slowly as if contemplating something.  "Come," ordered the man as he started heading toward the entrance of the house.  "The Assistant Commissioner is waiting inside."

"First the Chief Commissioner, now the Assisstant Commissioner," said Kenya as they followed the man.


The Assisstant Commissioner was a chubby old man with a thick mustache. 

"Ah Commander, you've arrived."  The Assisstant Commissioner greeted the man until he saw the five members behind him.  "Welcome!"  He seemed delighted to see the members as he rushed to shake each of their hands while they all stood wide eyed with shock.  "What fine looking young men.  Thank you for all that you have done.  Please take a seat."

He gestured for them to sit.  The five members turned to look at their commanding officer, who nodded indicating for them to do so.

"Now, I take it that you have all heard about the death of the Chief Commissioner."  The Assisstant Commissioner started to speak with a more serious tone which meant they were getting down to business.  "This may be the work of the Yong Clan."

The five members remembered the name from their last mission.

"Thanks to you all, we have managed to clean up almost every group in existence, except for the most powerful of them all."  The Assisstant Commissioner continued on.  "I trust the Chief Commissioner had already mentioned the last time you met, regarding the rumors that, despite what happened, the Yong Clan refuses to back down."  He paused to look at each of them.  "You already know from day one that our work must never be known to the public but it seems that someone is already sniffing around.  We need to act fast before they uncover the whole operation."


Woohyun jolted awake to find himself leaning against someone's shoulder.  He raised his eyes to find Sunggyu smiling at him.  He finally realised they were sitting at their usual bench at the park.  Woohyun remained leaning on Sunggyu's shoulder.

"What's wrong?" asked Sunggyu.  "No sleep again?"

"Long night," Woohyun replied remembering the meeting.

"Did you at least ask for tonight off?"  asked Sunggyu raising his eyes.

In all honesty, Woohyun had forgotten but he didn't want to disappoint Sunggyu.  "Sure."

Sunggyu's face brightened up with a delightful smile.  "8 o'clock outside the theme park."

"Isn't it closed tonight?" asked Woohyun.

Sunggyu smile.  "I know, but you didn't come last time so you have to come tonight," he announced.  "Then I'll wish you a happy birthday."

Woohyun paused a moment.  "Okay," he said.

Sunggyu suddenly held out his pinky finger.  "Pinky promise, you have to do it."

Woohyun smiled as they entwined their pinkies and sealed the promise.

"What if it suddenly rains?" questioned Sunggyu.

"I'll come," replied Woohyun.

"What if you suddenly get called for work?"

"I'll be there."

"What if-"  He didn't get to finish when Woohyun cut him off.

"I'll come even if the world collapsed," declared Woohyun.

Sunggyu laughed.  "But how will you come if the world collapsed, silly?"

"I'll find my way, don't you worry."  

Their conversation was interrupted when Woohyun's phone rang.  Sunggyu pouted a little as Woohyun glance at the name. 

"It's my flatmate," said Woohyun.  "He probably wants me to get something on the way back."  He got up and took a few steps  away before answering.

"Woohyun," spoke Sungyeol, the moment Woohyun answered.  "I still can't get thorough to Myungsoo.  He's never gone MIA before.  Is he coming tonight?"

"Have you checked with the others?" asked Woohyun.

"No one's seen him and he's not answering calls."


Sunset.  A figure stood alone as he closed his eyes, enjoying the peaceful silence.  If only this could last.  He took a deep breath and slowly opened his eyes to the painful reality.  He took out his gun and loaded it.  He was ready.