Breaking World - Chapter 13

Breaking World

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu cried as he cradled him in his arms.  Both arms wrapped around Woohyun's bloodied form.  As his tears flowed like a waterfall so too did the blood gushing out from Woohyun's stomach.  He knew.  He recognised the wound.  It was the same one he had inflicted on the masked man earlier.  The one he was determined to kill when he had plunged that sword in without a care.

Beads of sweat glistened on Woohyun's deathly pale face as his tears stained his cheeks.

"Woohyun!" Sunggyu pleaded as he buried his head on Woohyun's chest.  "Please, open your eyes.  Look at me."

Sunggyu felt a cold hand gently touch the side of his face.  He immediately looked up at Woohyun.  He didn't care that Woohyun's bloodied fingers had left a red smudge across his face.

"I...kept...my promise," Woohyun said in between gasps.

Sunggyu nodded.  "I'm so sorry," he apologised.  "It's my fault.  I did this to you."

"No, it's mine..." Woohyun said placing his hand over Sunggyu's mouth.  "Your father, I'm sorry..."

Sunggyu shook his head.  The tears refusing to stop.  At this moment he didn't care about his father.  He didn't care about the Yong clan.  He didn't care about anything else except Woohyun.  He just wanted Woohyun to be alright.

"Please don't cry." Woohyun reached his hand to wipe Sunggyu's tears.  "It hurts me...to see you cry like this."

Sunggyu tried to hold back his tears.  "I won't cry," he said.  "But you have to promise you won't ever leave me."

"How could I ever leave you?"  Woohyun assured him, despite the pain he was in.  "I'm still waiting...for my present."

At that moment Sunggyu remembered the rings.  He turned to look where he had dropped them and was startled to see a figure picking them up.

L held the rings up for a closer look before turning to Sunggyu and Woohyun.  His face, expressionless.

"L," said Woohyun, noticing the sword in his hand.  He also noticed that L was unmasked.  An indication that he was confident his target would not live to reveal him.  Woohyun instinctively forced himself up to shield Sunggyu.

"Woohyun?" said Sunggyu as he helped Woohyun up, not realising the danger he was in.

"If you can't complete the mission, then step aside," L ordered, holding out his sword.

Woohyun shook his head, refusing to move.  "I won't let you hurt him."

L remained unmoved.  "He's the leader of the Yong clan, our final target.  Once he dies, it will all end.  If you stand by his side then you are a traitor and traitors must die."

"I don't care what happens to me," Woohyun declared, putting on a strong face to hide the intolerable pain.  "But I won't let you lay a finger on him."

L smirked.  "Tough words for someone who can barely stand."

Quick as a flash, L dashed forward with his sword aimed directly at them.  Realising that the blade was headed straight for Woohyun, Sunggyu pushed him out of the way as they tumbled to the ground.  sunggyu landed on top of Woohyun, facing him with his back to L.  He smiled at Woohyun, not moving from his position.  Woohyun realising what Sunggyu was planning, tried to push him out of the way but Sunggyu would not budge.

"If I die, everything will end," said Sunggyu with a bittersweet smile.

Woohyun shook his head furiously.  "No! Sunggyu!"

"I love you," Sunggyu confessed as he leaned forward.  Their lips gently touched.  Sunggyu closed his eyes as he felt the tip of the blade pierce his back.