Breaking World - Chapter 1

Breaking World

The first time it happened, Sunggyu was caught by surprise and did not know what to do.  He sat there like a statue not wanting to disturb the sleeping figure beside him.

The second time it happened, he smiled to himself and continued reading his book.

The third time it happened, he wasn't even surprised.  He turned his head slightly to look at the sleeping figure who had his head rested on Sunggyu's shoulder.  My shoulder must be really comfortable, thought Sunggyu.

A sudden alert sound woke the sleeping figure whose eyes shot opened in an instant.  He was reaching for his phone  when he suddenly froze, realising that his head was leaning against a stranger's shoulder.

"Oh my God!  I did it again didn't I?  I'm so sorry," he apologised as he sat up straight, feeling slightly embarassed.

Sunggyu smiled.  "It's okay," he replied.  "You were sleeping so soundly.  It wouldn't be right to disturb you."

What a kind person, he thought.  Other times when he had fallen asleep on a stranger's shoulder, they would push him away which would wake him up instantly, but this person was different.  This was probably the reason why he kept coming back to the same bench at the same park to get his daily rest.

"I'm Woohyun, " he said, extending out his hand.  "So you don't have to call me the weirdo who used your shoulder as a pillow anymore."

"Sunggyu," he replied as he reached out and shook Woohyun's hand.

What beautiful, soft hands, thought Woohyun.  Wait!  Did I just say beautiful?

"If you don't mind me asking," said Sunggyu.  "Why are you always sleeping at this park?  Wouldn't it be more comfortable in a bed?"

"I have a flat mate who snores like crazy," explained Woohyun. "Besides, I work at night so I try to catch up on sleep during the day."

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun as if analysing him.  "Bartender?"  he guessed.

"Cleaner," Woohyun corrected him with a smile.

Sunggyu was rather surprised.  "Never would have guessed."

Their conversation was cut short when Woohyun's phone rang.  He glanced at the name of the caller.  "Looks like I have to work again tonight," he declared.  "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Sure, " Sunggyu replied.  "This is my favourite reading spot."

"Promise I won't use you as a pillow," Woohyun shouted out as he walked away to answer the call.

 

"Where were you all day, Namstar?  Why didn't you answer my text?"

"Was trying to sleep. Seriously Kenya, have you ever tried sleeping with Choding's snoring?"

"I don't snore.  I just breathe loudly.  Hoya and Diva have never complained when we were flat mates."

"Are you guys done?  We've got work to do."

"Yes L-sama."

"Don't screw up."

The six black claded figures pulled on their masks which covered their entire head and face except their eyes.  They loaded their guns and readied their swords as they entered the building.