Mission: Disobey

The Organization

(Luhan POV)

I ran as fast as I could, rainy wind whipping past my face. I paid no attention to the watching faces of gruff diner owners and lingering es. My focus was locked on the running shadow of the suspicious figure. The person disappeared into a large warehouse I'd otherwise be more cautious of entering, but it's not even like the man knew he had a follower. If he did, he'd probably try to at least look back at me anyway.

With the screech of tires and the sudden smell of burning asphalt. I leapt out of the way just in time when a huge van emerged from where the man ran into. I cursed, noticing that I was on the ground when I see a familiar car returning. Tao's van. It rushes forward, stopping slickly by my side, door banging open to reveal a steaming Kris. Oops again.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" Kris growled shoving me in the car by the collar.

"Well..., I saw this guy and-" I paused as the car engine revved and I was slammed against the car window. 

"Save it, we'll talk later, we got ourselves our new targets," Kris moved his attention to the windshield, hanging on to the car seat in front of him.

"Kris, don't be too hard on him, he's practically new," Tao's voice echoed with pity.

"Too new," Kris growled under his breath.

Chanyeol pat my shoulder in pity and I turned to face him. He cupped his hand to my ear to thankfully, whisper something, quietly.

"Don't sweat it, Kris usually worries and tries to protect everyone. He was the first to join the team after Xiumin. Especially Suho, because he's practically his wife," Chanyeol winked... or maybe that was his eye twitching, but either way it eased my tension.

I would've laughed if it was any other time. The thought of Kris with his angry bird brows, being a daddy with a nagging little wife to beat his head around.


(No POV)

The car jolted and he also was slung out of his thoughts.

"What was that?" Luhan held his head, which pounded again. Weird, considering those bruises should be gone by a few weeks, since he was in a coma.

"IT'S GUCCI ," Tao suddenly howled, laughing, showing his sharp canines. His hands swirled the wheel, turning it like it was child's play.

In a flash they were somehow caught up with the opposite car.

"Tao likes to take shortcuts," Kris held his own head which bumped into the hood of the car due to his towering height. Luhan looked behind them where Tao had driven straight over a sidewalk and public resting area. Tire marks stained the pavement. A statue was even knocked out of the ground in the process.

"That was art man!" Luhan didn't really have an eye for art but everyone else did, so he figured it was important.

"That's art? Boring. You know what's art? The latest Gucci fashion men's fashion line, beautiful." Tao flicked his hair like it was obvious.

Luhan was tight lipped when Kris rolled down the window, a gust of wind piling inside through the opened crack.

Kris aimed his gun right for the opposing driver's seat, firing, sadly shooting the man in the shotgun seat. The impact did little damage, the van jerking slightly, but not by much and the two cars were racing against each other again.

Their car inched closer and closer, slamming into Tao's side, scratching up against the door. The side mirror was now hanging off, glass cracked.

"Oh HELL NO!" Tao screeched at the sight of his baby, the car, getting hurt. Now that it was thoroughly ruined, he swerved abruptly, copying the opposite driver. Luhan took this time to take a shot through their window at the driver.

Without a second of hesitation he clicked the trigger, a bullet flying past Kris' head to the car in front of them. This time the shot was successful.

Tao slammed the brake sharply, the opposing car flipped and crashed in circles before dragging, sparks following, to a loud stop. Three men stumbled out of the car, still up and ready to fight. One was holding his arm, probably from Kris' shot earlier, and another his side, from the impact of the crash.

Kris tugged Luhan's arm, throwing him out of the car, instructing Tao to drive Chanyeol a block down. The two would be useless in a rain of bullets. 

"Don't get shot this time," Kris commented and then ducked, crouching to a good spot to shoot the thugs.

Luhan followed his example. The gun he held felt familiar in his grasp, like he used it a million times. Then again, even when he was eighteen he was always good at his aim. Darts were his favorite game!

The floor crunched under his slow steps as he neared a building. He poked his head out to the side of the building for a moment to get a clear shot of one thug who did the same when his head suddenly pounded with a sharp pulse of pain. He barely heard Kris curse in the distance when he clutched his temples.

Kris took a shot one of the thugs before he could get a good chance at Luhan in the open, who almost got himself shot in the process.

Luhan shook his head, trying to rid of the pain that quickly left, as if it never came. He focused once more, shooting down a second thug.

The last one was ordered by Kris. The buzzing came to Luhan's ear again, his earpiece.

"I can't get a clear shot form here, can you see anything?" 

"No, nothing"

"Where'd he go?" 

"I don' know"

Kris cursed and perked his head higher to see further. 

"He's coming your way, be ready"

Luhan slowly, as to quietly move around the building he stood behind with steady hands.

He saw the man trying to enter from out back. So he raised his arm, cold white breath surrounding his face, and shot him right in the head. Blood spurted and the body fell with a thunk.


The cloudy grey skies were painted with towering buildings that pierced through the dewy clouds. Kris didn't wait a second for Luhan and turned his back to leave for the van. 

Tao immediately revved the engine, Chanyeol throwing the door open for the two men.

"Kris! Are you okay?" Chanyeol touched Kris' arm which caused the man to hiss and pull away.

"Were you shot?" Luhan only noticed the blood seeping through Kris' shirt now.

"It's just a graze," Kris pulled up his sleeve revealing a cut that ran across his upper arm. Other old wounds splattered across pale skin.

"Still, it's my fault, I was being careless," Luhan remembered his pause of pain before trying to shoot the thug. The one Kris killed. Sweat dripped from his upper brow. This was because of him.

"What were you doing?" Kris groaned breathlessly.

"Huh?" Luhan flicked his head from the wound to Kris' constipated looking face.

"What were you doing out there?" he growled, almost losing his temper when Chanyeol, who was wrapping a bandage around his arm, tugged the cloth a little too hard.

"I was with you?" Luhan felt strangely small. Was he really the older one around here?

"No! You were distracted, abandoned your partner, went against orders, and almost got me killed! Do you think I name more? I certainly have more," Kris looked Luhan dead in the eye, threatening his carelessness.

"Kris! He's practically new at everything so far! He probably doesn't even remember how to shoot a gun! These things come with experience and practice!" Chanyeol defended, "don't act like you've never made mistakes."

"You almost got yourself and Chanyeol killed!" Kris grit his teeth and laid himself in the shotgun seat of the van, leaving Chanyeol and Luhan to sit in the back.

Luhan looked at his fingers, the very hands that hesitated, resulting in letting Kris get hurt. He messed up. His first mission and he messed up. The ride back was silent for the meantime. Chanyeol let Luhan know that abandoning him was no big deal, but the guilt still hit him. 

They were met by Xiumin and Baekhyun as soon as they pulled into the garage. The only evidence in that they were fighting were their rolled sleeves. Unlike themselves, who only had to deal with backup, but had cuts and bruises around their arms.

"Mission report, success," Kris rolled the words off his tongue, "we killed off the backup, performance could be better."

"And fatalities?" Xiumin's eyes didn't miss anything, they flew to the tallest.

"They didn't get hurt," Kris stepped aside to reveal the remaining three, untouched.

"And you?" Xiumin twisted Kris by the arm, making him wriggle uncomfortably in pain.

"He was grazed, because of me," Luhan stepped forward, hanging his head in the face of his boss.

"Oh?" Xiumin let off Kris and turned to Luhan, "because of you?" 

"Y-yes," Luhan cursed himself for stuttering in front of his very handsome boss, but he was more taken over by his failed mission.

"Care to explain," Xiumin, calmness radiating off of him, his aura outshining everyone in the room, although his... well... height not as convincing.

"We split up in teams and I saw something suspicious so I abandoned my partner! I was careless and almost got run over but we caught up to the thugs after reuniting. I was on the field with Kris but I hesitated before my shot, leaving Kris out in the open," Luhan straightened his back, waiting for his consequence.

"Hmmm... not a complete fail," Xiumin hummed, smiling gently. Luhan perked his head up.

"What? I did so bad and Kris-" Luhan blubbered.

"It was just a scratch. Kris are you angry at Luhan for this? You think he needs a punishment?" Xiumin looked up to the stubborn man, waiting for an answer.

"Just get him down with the rules and training," Kris couldn't get himself to say one. Something told him not to, so he stressed his point on rules, "can't have people putting others in danger."

At that point Suho entered the garage storage room.

"I heard you guys came back! How did it go?" he briskly paced to the group, slowing down when he came closer.

"It went well, but Kris got hurt," Xiumin pointed with a thumb, making Kris scowl. He never liked to share his injuries or troubles, especially around Suho. He worried too much.

"Yifan! What happened?" Suho slid between everyone and did a pat down on Kris' body, looking for injuries. When he saw the bloody bandage he gasped and started flailing, feet trotting around in place.

"Don't worry Myun, it's just a scratch, nobody else was hurt right?" He tried calming the smaller man down. Key word, tried.

"You need to go see Yixing!" He turned to the door, trying to guide Kris by the arm.

"It's okay, it's just a scratch. You've seen me close to death before, this is nothing," trying to ease Suho.

"It better not happen again either! I still can't stand it when you guys get hurt, especially you! You should know that!" Suho tugged on the loose tail of Kris' shirt. A pout decorating his delicate features.

"Me too, but things happen. I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt," Kris slung an arm around Suho's waist.

"So you'll see Yixing?" Suho mumbled while he leaned in closer, playing with Kris' shirt buttons.

"It's really not bad, it's just the blood on the bandage. Put some medicine on for me later?" Kris offered instead. Suho hummed an agreement, a light blush powdered on his cheeks.

Xiumin coughed, a stain of red on his own face. Suho immediately jumped out of Kris' arms, sputtering and covering his face. He bowed a goodbye and ran away embarrassed at his touchy actions and oblivious act of PDA. Kris just walked after him like a love struck idiot, a goofy smile plastered on his face.

"Xiu, you should get a partner too," Baekhyun slapped Xiumin's arm, moving to Chanyeol's side. Xiumin looked to Tao for help, but to his avail the man was giggling on the phone with a certain someone. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed after Kris and Suho, actively chattering about the missions they both had with a good array of extra hand gestures and background noises.

Tao sped of to go fix up his baby. The van that got wrecked earlier, leaving Luhan and Xiumin to their own selves. Luhan was still depressed over what happened earlier. 

"Don't feel so down, you did well today. It was a success right? Remember, just because you are physically over twenty, you are practically a newbie. Not even fully healed too. I'm proud of you," Xiumin Luhan's arm with a soft hand, warm to the touch.

Luhan's vision went starry, the smile in front of him giving him strength. He just wanted to reach out and hug him, so he did. He held out his arms and embraced his boss, inhaling his sweet scent, hinted of the smell of rain. 

"Thank you," he nuzzled further into his neck.

"No problem," Xiumin broke out of his frozen state and patted Luhan's head.

He was just a kid right? But that embrace, it felt so right, their bodies fitting together like key and lock.


Note: Luhan's first mission!

Who else heard about the Xiumin x Vietnam incident?
How rude! Baby needs some privacy and rest!

Comment?