Mission: Let Go

The Organization

(No POV)

 

His clothes hid his actual purpose. People stared at his white coat flapping in the wind, an average doctor. Maybe he worked at the hospital a few streets down? Going down this area for a lunch break perhaps.

Tired eyes wavered behind thin rimmed glasses as he waved and smiled at every passerby. Something was off.

The doctor felt... his sixth sense tingling. Something.. someone was following him. A pair of eyes followed him, unlike the mothers and children that roamed the streets at this time of day.

Swiftly turning a corner he hoped the feeling would pass, but only did it get stronger.

Tempted to break out into a run, he walked briskly, faster around each corner, a large detour to take, but necessary. He sighed lightly when the feeling disappeared, but without his senses even knowing, he felt a breath against his ear.

A faint sound of tearing fabric sent signals to his head, this person had a knife at his back. 

"Don't turn around, Doctor."

The doctor listened, tensing slightly, putting his hands up, thinking of what to do.

A hand covered in a black glove shoved a small envelope in the doctor's coat pocket.

"Send this to your leader. Follow the orders or die," the voice was unrecognizable, but the presence seemed to vanish within seconds. 

He dropped his hands, reaching behind him, feeling his torn coat, but skin still completely in tact. A threat, he needed to be alive for whatever their goal was.

Why him? He was barely even in the group? An honorary member at most.

He put his hand in his coat pocket, feeling the smooth envelope placed there. The cream letter resonated class, giving him the following instructions.

 

Addressed to Xiumin

 

Nobody said he couldn't read it, open it. So he did. 


X,

Present yourself at the address below

Quinn Ave. 30232 City of XXXX

​Be there at 3:00 PM, sharp. July 2nd.

Show ALONE.

Any other presence will be killed upon sight.

Nobody in your team may know. 

Be ready.

 

He looked at the letter in his hands and confusion filled his mind. He knew exactly who he could go to for help.

Sehun.


Small, choked sobs racked through his body, pulling down his hat, hiding his face. Xiumin took sudden elated breaths, trying to calm himself down, embarrassed of himself for being this way as the leader.

Luhan sighed, but instantly regretted it when Xiumin froze, biting his lip to further try to hide his cries.

As Xiumin put more attention into himself he directed his attention away, not noticing when Luhan steered off route.

He pulled over into a hidden spot, out of view just in case. The stop of the car brought attention to Xiumin. The dull whirring of the engine and Xiumin's shocked whimpers.

"Minseok," Luhan used his real name, letting the syllables roll of his tongue pleasantly, "let me look at you." He steered Xiumin's chin up to face him suddenly, showing the flushed, wet cheeks, and puffy eyes. Xiumin was unprepared for it and flicked his face away. Luhan was astonished, not expecting such crushed, exposed emotions on his face of all people. 

He had already opened up so much, it was almost foreign to his eyes and ears.

"Minseok."

"What," he answered in a broken voice.

"Look at me," Luhan treaded carefully, "nobody can see us, it's okay to let it go."

Xiumin sniffed, thinking about it. 

"You probably haven't told anyone about this, and I'm extremely honored that you told me. We're hear, and I'm here for you. I want to be here for you," 

Luhan reached over and un clicked his seat belt, removing the hat off the elder's small head, revealing his face again. Minseok's small hands immediately raised up to cover himself, but Luhan caught them in time before he could.

Xiumin whimpered and fussed in the car seat, struggling to get out of the hold. Luhan fought him with all his strength and when Xiumin's hold weakened while he was also trying to keep in his tears Luhan grabbed his face. 

They were both aware of Luhan's obvious feelings for him and Xiumin thought that he was going to go in for a kiss or something. Luhan's face neared closer and closer and Xiumin choked out another sob.

The elder squeezed his eyes shut and then he felt soft finger tips wipe his tears. 

"Go ahead, let it out, cry, if you want, I won't look."

Luhan put an arm around his small body, giving it a slight squeeze and left as soon as he came. Luhan grabbed the hat and gently, but at the same time roughly pushed it down to cover his eyes again.

He removed the car keys and stepped out, turning back to lean in, facing Xiumin. The other lifted his tear streaked face in disbelief.

"Hey, I'll be waiting out here, take your time, let it out," and he shut the door behind him. He stared at the dark sky, a storm nearing, with hard eyes as he heard the faint, muffled cries of the elder in the car. 

Luhan rested his side onto the edge of the car, receiving a call through his communicator.

"What's up?" he whispered as to not disturb the other.

"What's going on? You should be back by now, " Kris' jittery voice sprung to life.

"Kris... he told me everything. What happened after he was kicked out?" Luhan felt himself wondering.

"... he told you? I don't even know the full story... but we were friends as kids because of our parents' businesses..."

"Yeah?" he egged the taller to continue.

"He was kicked out so I agreed to help him since he didn't have any money."

"How'd you get the money to start all of this?"

"From the only person we wouldn't owe any favors to, my mother," Kris hesitated to relay more than he should.

"Your mother? Is she rich?" Luhan wondered.

"Beyond compare, but she lays low, has a pretty big drug business though, we transported to her the other day," Kris remembered how people would address his mother, with "madame" or higher titles he hadn't heard in a long long time.

"Then you weren't the leader?" If Kris supported the whole group he would expect Xiumin to be second in command or something along those lines.

"In a way we both are but he knows more about the ropes before I did, I was still just a kid, but he lost his innocence far earlier," Kris spoke, reminiscing about the times they had back then, when he would show his childlike side and Xiumin, he was practically an adult already, a hardened face by death and betrayal.

The two were silent for a minute. 

"We'll be back soon," Luhan fumbled with the car keys in his hands.

"What happened back there?" Kris seemed to be on his toes.

"He's dead."

"What? Did Xiumin kill him?" He yelled in shock, hurting Luhan's ears. He rushed to fast to his assumptions.

"No, he was dying when we got there, nobody knows who or why. We'll report later," Luhan answered quite flippantly.

Luhan turned off his ear piece, ignoring Kris' frantic shouting.

A pain suddenly shot through the back of his head, sending waves of pain through his body. It was like lightning struck him and he immediately Luhan kneeled over, cradling his head, heaving short breaths.

"Luhan!" 

He heard that clear voice shout out from the car. The car door clicked open and a rustle of clothing sounded, not that Luhan could hear anything at that moment.

Images of a gun flashed by his eyes, without warning. The pain subsided and with shaky legs he tried to get to his feet once more.. Tiny hands suddenly reached his side, supporting his weight.

"Luhan, are you okay?" Lacing his voice was a sweet worrisome tone. It broke Luhan's heart. He shouldn't ever have to worry. 

"Yeah," he managed to mutter.

"Was that Kris?"

Luhan nodded.

"Are you...?" Luhan looked down at the hitman, with eyes and nose colored red. Big eyes glistened, watching him in pure worry.

"I'm fine, thanks... for everything, it was really sudden," Xiumin realized he was broadcasting his face and wiped away his eyes, hoping the puffiness would reduce, "it must've been a surprise for you too."

"No, you've been through a lot."

All of a sudden, before Xiumin could even react, a warm pair of arms surrounded him. Upon contact, he hesitantly raised up his arms as well, clutching the soft fabric. The tears in his eyes threatened to spill again when his throat bobbed.

A steady hand rhythmically  his hair, threading through the soft locks.

Xiumin's eyes leaked silent tears, making no noise besides his struggle to breath through his congested nose. The hold on his body was comfortable and he let go of all of his thoughts, allowing himself to digest in the moment at hand. Luhan continued to comfort the elder, staring out at the car, thinking with a focused gaze... of what just happened.

What did just happen?

That.

Then.

Mission.

Gun.

Him.

Minseok.

...

Xiumin.

...

Betray.


Note: What happened?? ? Sorry for the super late update... but I need to focus on school!

Comment your thoughts?