Birth Name: Minseok

The Organization

(No POV)

"Hey Lu, it's your first mission, pack up," Kris nudges Luhan awake the next morning.

"So soon?" Luhan's already up by reflex, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with one hand.

"Hey, we were short on hitmen, with you, we need to start now," with that he left the room to go round up everyone else.

"Let's get it on, Lu," Luhan tells himself, springing up like his name means, quickly sacking up his necessities, a few weapons being one of course.

He meets Kris and Baekhyun waiting for him with their things packed as well.

"Where's..?" Luhan trails off.

"Oh, Xiumin? He's already there," Baekhyun pulls on a snapback, making him look like he's a student.

"Him and the others?" Luhan corrected himself and Baekhyun.

"They don't need to be there, remember? They aren't field members, even Xiumin isn't but he comes along sometimes for kills," Baekhyun gives Luhan a few accessories to disguise his appearance.

"Sure thing," Luhan completed his look, and when they exited the chicken part of the restaurant they just looked like a few high school students continuing a vacation after taking a food break.

The ride is quiet when Luhan tries to ask something.

"What's with him?" he disguises his suspicion, or tries to.

"Who?" Baekhyun gives a questioning look.

"You mean Xiumin?" Kris doesn't avert his stern gaze from the windshield.

"Yeah," he averts his gaze to out the window.

"There's not much to say about him. He's secretive, but not untrustworthy. He helped us all," Kris sighs, knowing Luhan's attitude.

"What do you mean?" he's still curious.

"Xiumin isn't all what you think of him now, it's only been a few minutes, but he does have his moments," Baekhyun gave Luhan a reassuring smile. Why did they trust him so quickly anyway? He could be a double agent for all they knew.

"You wondering why we trust you?" Baekhyun seemed to read his thoughts. His silence served them an answer.

"Well, you see, Xiumin doesn't exactly choose his new recruits easily, it was sudden when he told me. He knew we were short on hitmen, but he didn't want to recruit any useless people either," Kris explains neatly, swerving to the right. 

Luhan lets the information sink, his brain absorbing the new information.

Kris leads them through many different cars, buses, trains, corridors, secret entrances, including a weird single mother's apartment until they make it to an empty apartment.

"Xiumin? You here?" Baekhyun allows his voice to echo around the room.

A small grunt calls from an empty room, where the man himself is setting up an array of suit case portable computers. 

"Nice to see you too," Baekhyun says cheerfully, happy to be on another mission.

They all file out to their own rooms, setting up. They all sit around the main room of the small apartment in the dim light.

"Relax for now, I'll go over the mission tomorrow morning and we'll set out in the afternoon," Kris instructed.

Suddenly a melodious voice channels out.

"Baekhyun," it's soft, almost unheard, but it gathers the attention of everyone. It's almost a mumble, but clear enough to be an order. It draws Luhan's attention like a dog on a leash, he can't keep his head turned away. 

"Ah, Xiumin, what do you need?" Baekhyun is also on his feet right away. Whenever he received a call from Xiumin he knew it was important, as they were very scarce.

"Come," he heads back to his dark room. Luhan still wonders what a face like his would look like, to match that voice.

"Stop starting," Kris coughs, and Luhan snaps out of his gaze, realizing they are still concentrated where Xiumin was just standing.


"What did he need?" Luhan asked Baekhyun.

"Showed me around the rings to his little substitute office, he says he was going out again," Baekhyun gives him the info like it's nothing. It probably was and he was just over reacting. 

"C'mon, let's just get to sleep," Baekhyun heads back to his room.

Luhan sighed deeply and headed to the bathroom to go wash up. When he enters he realizes someone's already in there, and it's much too wide to be Baekhyun and too short to be Kris. Xiumin.

He's half way onto taking off his shirt, his abs revealing in the mirror aside him. They are chiseled and white, a few old scars and... bruises? peeking out just slightly.

Luhan realized what he just did and backs out of the room before he hopes that Xiumin notices, but he knows the deed is done. 

In the now shut bathroom, Xiumin, or say Minseok feels himself go weak at the knees. Just because his little screw up with the door his face and body was almost revealed to the newbie. He was more than sure that he locked the door before.

To check he locked the door, jiggling the handle, before noticing it opened after the second shake. 

Minseok groaned, locking up the door himself with a handmade lock quickly. He looked into the dim mirror, grime flicked all over the edges. His face was cold and worn, but looked still very young. How long it had been since the last time he saw himself.

He pulled over his hood and hat, a lower face mask to match, successfully covering up his face. 

Xiumin now, quickly opened the door, but quietly, only to see Luhan still right outside. He pushed right past him lightly and headed straight for the door.

"Where are you going?" Luhan caught up to him as he opened the door.

"Out," Xiumin mumbled.

"Let me go with you," he pleaded.

"It's not safe," he whispered.

"And I'm not a killer? I may not seem like it, but I have the skill," Luhan didn't doubt himself.

"I know, I recruited you," It seemed that he didn't either.

"Then let me go," He was Lu. His name was pretty known.

"No," he stressed and left, seeing that there wasn't a way for Luhan to stop him.

Then Luhan did just the opposite, opening the door, following along. 

"Stay here," Xiumin hissed this time, "you might think I'm doing something special, but I'm just killing time, might go get a haircut or something."

And like that, Xiumin turned his heel, sparing a single look at Luhan in anger and sped off.

Just like a puppy he obeyed, heeled and returned back to the apartment. Like that though, it was the first time he saw a part of Xiumin's face, whether he was aware or not. Angry or not. He saw it. Even for a slight moment. 

Just for that fluttering moment, his sharp eyes, fierce from the burn of anger and much much more different from what he expected. He expected a middle aged man who gets cold easily, gruff and messy. Seeing his eyes already proved that it was way different.


Xiumin ducked and ran though a series of streets, making his way to an abandoned looking house at the top of a hill.

Knowing it was long since anyone had been there he lowered his senses and paranoia. 

A hand reached up to take off his hat, soft hair falling over his forehead. Now, he was Minseok again.

His eyes glimmered with tears that threatened to fall, but they never did, not in the past... how many years? His mouth was slack, ditching his outer layers as well.

"I'm home," he whispered to the faint image of a woman, his mother. 

She was in a permanent smile, he remembered back to the days that she would pat his little head and tell him that everything was going to be okay. Then just the day when Minseok asked her if everything was going to be okay, she couldn't respond. She was gone.

Minseok walked into his old room, baby blue wallpaper lining every wall, a children's bed untouched in the center of the room. A wave of nostalgia washed over him. It didn't feel like his room though, he had spent most of his elsewhere after all. So he continued his little tour, finding his father's room. Or what was left of it. He died before Minseok was even born, so there weren't any memories of feelings left. 

Inside the closet were lines and lines of vintage designer suits and outfits, all to which fit Minseok now. So he did what he could and packed them all up, and made his way to the next room.

The last room was modern, simple. Like his mother, beautiful, just simple, but extremely beautiful. Everything down to the curve of her nose was simple but the whole picture, like a painting. White furniture and walls with an accent of color in neutral hues. 

He eyed the line of jewelry, opting to only take a pair of black studs. He had his ears pierced, but avoided wearing earrings just because of the hassle of it, but how bad could it be. He dressed in the nearest bathroom, spraying some hair products in his hair, cleaning up. With the last cuff link and the earrings left, it felt like he was complete.

"Minseok, you've grown up," he says, imitating his mother who told him such when he wasn't even in his double digits.

Minseok is wearing his dad's old button up vest that hugs his petite waist, accentuating the upside down triangle shape of his torso. The navy suit jacket fits just as well, as if it were tailored to his body. Shined shoes decorate his little feet, they shine against the bathroom tile. 

He looks up in the mirror, taking in his appearance. Like he says, he looks grown, still young, but grown. Intense eyes are no longer in their usual glare, but they are soft. Minseok's hair is sprayed up, bangs brushed back to the side, giving him a clean cut vibe, but with the earrings they add just enough of a juvenile feel to him. 

Like that he waits until the day of morning, for the mission that awaits him the next day.

What he doesn't realize is that there is someone, waiting for him to return, waiting. Waiting. Waiting. 

That certain someone sighs in his sleep. He had three levels of masks, his civilian mask of cute confusion, which accentuated youthful looks. It made people think he was weak and gullible. The next mask was his killer's mask. It was used for work, but even then he usually tried to use his first mask. Only in the most serious situations he was stone faced.

Then there was the last one, which isn't a mask, really. It's actually his real personality, which is somehow brought out by his new leader, although they haven't even met. If anything Luhan wanted to show his boss his second personality, cold like him, but somehow he couldn't keep his true self hidden. 


Note: Lu gets closer(?) to Xiumin? Xiumin gets "closer" to Minseok!

Sorry if all the name changes are confusing, but Xiumin is Minseok and Luhan is Lu/Han!

Feel free to ask any questions if you are confused!