Mission: Novice

The Organization

 

(No POV)

"Luhan! Why are you still up?" A voice scolded from the darkness of another room.

"K-Kris?" He stuttered, his body "jerking" from the sudden burst of light and sound after hours of dark silence. He knew Kris was coming into the room moments before, but acted like he was scared of his sudden appearance. 

"Staying up will hinder our mission tomorrow, what are you doing?" Kris was in a simple set of pajama bottoms and a large shirt. He had his hands on his hips, an authorities stance.

"I was just.. waiting for Xiumin," Luhan's eyes fluttered in actual confusion.

"Luhan...," A sigh escapes from his tired lips, "when Xiumin tells us he's going out it could mean that he'll be out from hours to weeks to even months at a time. I doubt it being the last this time, but give it a rest. He isn't coming any time soon."

"What if something happens?" Worried twitches energize his fingers.

"It's cool to be paranoid, we are hitmen, but so is Xiumin, and out of all of us, he can handle himself best," Kris ran a heavy hand through his locks.

"I can't stay up?" Luhan realized he probably sounded like a needy child, but he couldn't help feeling himself worry for the man he barely seemed to know. Maybe it was curiosity.

"I wouldn't count on it, but you do you. This mission's success is on you," Kris huffed, "well, scoot it, I'll give you some company." 

Kris made his way to the sofa where Luhan sat comfortably.

"Hey man, if it's on me, I can't have you staying up either," Luhan stood making the sofa shift weights. 

"You'll sleep then?" Luhan wondered if Kris was trying to use some sort of reverse psychology the entire time.

"I guess so, but if you notice if Xiumin returns, wake me up," He extended his pointer finger in Kris' face.

"Alright, alright, but don't rely on it," Kris groaned and retreated back into his room.


The wee early hours of the morning passed and the sun rose, glimmering sunshine slicing through the window sills. A certain cut pierces over Luhan's eyes, which tense at the harsh disturbance. Luhan curses himself in his mind for accidentally sleeping in so late. Usually he would wake hours before the sun. He blamed Xiumin.

"What even?" Luhan flipped up his covers over his eyes, peeking through, seeing a stream of sunlight which he then proceeded to flip off rudely.

"Well, I see someone isn't exactly Little Miss Sunshine? It's already past noon," Baekhyun is standing with one hand leaning on the bedside, another hand on the drawstrings of the curtains.

"And you are?" he offered a hard glare at the smaller one.

"I'm not small! I'm just fun sized!" Baekhyun growled, getting ready to pounce in the overly large shirt he wore, sleeves extending over his fists. His eyes shine with a hint of sassiness, "and are you the Miss?"

"I'm not girly! I'm manly!" Luhan's ready to pounce, but his large doe eyes don't help his glare.

"With that face?" Baekhyun taps Luhan's delicate nose.

That's all it takes for Luhan to actually jump and attack. The two are wrestling on the ground when Kris barges into the room.

"What the hell is happening in here?" He witnesses the two killers duke it out on the cold floor. 

"He started it!" they both answer like toddlers.

"Let's just get this mission over with," Kris is in the room, already dressed, buttoning the last button on his collared shirt.

"Whatever big brows," Baekhyun huffs under his breath, angry at the two both.

Deciding to be the actual mature one, Kris just massages his temples and leaves the room, muttering curses and imagining classical music in his mind in an attempt to calm down.

They all enter the living room, and Kris reveals a briefcase filled with folders.

"Where'd that come from?" Luhan didn't remember seeing the thing before they arrived. 

"Xiumin assigned it to me before leaving," Kris leafed through the papers he reviewed the day before, finding the key points to explain.

"Oh," is all that he has worth to say.

"So tonight's mission is simple. In and out. We have to just get some information, protect the CEO's son. It's likely that their opposing company is planning to hire some of their own killers to get him, I'll assign the positions later, for now, but start getting ready, would you? We have to get going in an hour," Kris already is tightening the tie around his neck.

Kris was hesitant about the new member of their team. Xiumin had mentioned to him when they were alone that he was practically a natural. Well, not exactly that, but the fact that Xiumin picked him probably meant he had to be good, I mean he doesn't exactly pick and choose. It's just that he seemed.. so unready. 

He passed the thought and watched as the two others scrambled to get ready.


Another hour passes and they are all on their way to the venue, guns stashed up in brief cases and some already shipped to the place, hidden in places unknown. 

Luhan, Baekhyun, and Kris are all in dark colored suits, in order, black, navy, and grey. Each also carry their own set of hidden weapons. Luhan wasn't sure about Kris and Baekhyun, but all over his own body were strapped guns, bullets, knives, lasers, etc which were disguised as the usual pen, watch, even in his shoes.

The place wasn't exactly full, but people were present. They all introduced themselves as code names, miniature ear pieces also in their ears.

"Ready, Lu?" Baekhyun gave a pointed look to Luhan.

"Of course, Ox," Luhan wondered if anyone even noticed how blatantly obvious his fake name was, "and Kris?" Then again, his own name did mean deer. 

"Let's go," Kris preferred using his code name everywhere... just in case.

They scanned the area, looking for their client.

"Lu, go find our friend, Ox and I plan to go greet some friends," Kris naturally guided Ox away to get their info.

"Got it," Lu lightly turned and quietly made his way around the halls of the classical looking mansion. Luhan looked up to see an open second floor he made a mental note of scoping out when he saw a flash of white. He squinted further, trying to get a better look at what he had missed, but seeing that there wasn't anything, he headed on.

In the center of a room, a rich looking businessman talked around a group of equally looking rich people. 

"Mr. Joo?" Lu smiled pleasantly, "it's me, from yesterday?" The code word, yesterday, he hoped Mr. Joo was smart enough to remember the code.

"Ah, Lu!" His eyes immediately turned hesitant and alert.

"I see you are busy here, I'll be just over there, take your time," Lu s his way out of the crowd, keeping a close watch on the CEO.

Kris approached him, with cloudy eyes, head down and serious.

"Ox informed me that something seemed off, have you found Joo?" he flicked his eyes to Ox who leisurely talked to some girl, probably getting information.

"He's over there, two o' clock. I thought something was weird too," Lu thought hard, thousands of possibilities flooding his mind, "hey, I saw a second floor back at the hall, I think I'll go check things out?" 

"Good thinking, go ahead, I'll keep watch here, don't get in trouble okay?" Kris pat Lu's back, setting him on his way.

Lu tried to hide his jitteriness but managed to briskly walk to the second floor, where he saw the white figure.

"I'm surprised you saw me back there," a soft voice whispers from behind him.

"Who are you," Lu spins quickly, dropping in a lower stance.

"Don't worry, you can call me Kim," the man, Kim is in an expensive white suit, vintage it seems. Little black studs decorate his ears, which guide Lu's eyes to a young face, features sharp and beautiful.

"What do you mean by that?" Lu was still tense, hand nearing his pocket.

"My name?" Kim eye smiled, showing pearly white teeth with pink gums to match.

"Before that," Lu ran a finger along the smooth wooden handle of his pocket knife.

"Earlier in the hall, I usually try to avoid these crazy parties by hiding, usually when someone catches me they do the same as you are doing now," he sighs, kicking a foot shyly.

"What?" Lu now has a firm grip on the weapon.

"So many questions," he laughs, "you are going to send me back down aren't you?" Oh, that.

"Um, yeah, you probably should, you'll have more fun that way," he choked out an airy laugh and released the grip on the knife.

"But," Kim looked straight into Lu's eyes. Suddenly a screech echoes from below. 

Luhan hears a slight buzzing in his ear, freezing a bit, he notices Kim does the same... strange. Perhaps it was the shock that came after the scream, but his eyes were straight... a second after the sudden yell his eyes tensed slightly. 

"I think our... client was under the influence of the enemy, they are out to get us," Kris' voice fills his ears.

He wants to reply, but Kim is standing still before him.

"Kim, I think you and I should leave, that scream is probably bad news," more screaming and crashing followed, but Kim stood slack, "I'll go after you, I have to find some friends."

He flipped out his phone and took Kim's hand, seeing that he wasn't budging, and ran down the second floor hall.

"Hey, Kris, I met a friend here, don't worry, he's cool, but what should we do?" Lu tried making his voice sound panicked.

"You have a civilian with you? Get rid of him!" Kris hissed, "we have to get answers from our client and rid of these goons." Shouts could be both through the phone and down the stairs.

"It's.. suspicious," he muttered the last part, and spared a glance and the man running behind him, who was sweating, but not out of breath at all like he suspected. Also suspicious.

"Fine, get him here, but nobody is taking care of him after, no ties," Kris scolded, hanging up after a gunshot sounded suddenly.

"Who?" Kim's naive eyes meet Lu's serious ones.

"A friend," Lu cursed, finally reaching the end of the stairs, where men dressed in black had held people hostage, guns in hand.

And here he was, suspicious civilian in hand, while others had huge ak47's. Everything was great.


Note: I don't know anything about guns. Have you found out who Kim is? It's quite obvious.

If you didn't know, Ox is Baek and Kris is Kris. Lu is Luhan.