Mission: Another One?

The Organization

(No POV)

"Did he seal the deal?" Baekhyun leaned his body forward, popping a piece of popcorn between his thin lips. The crunching sounds of the treat was a mouthful for Xiumin's mind.

"Do you not mind?" Xiumin put a hand on his temples, groaning at his dense team mate.

"No I do not actually," he eased another handful of the stuff into his mouth. A single look at Xiumin's "are you serious" gaze gave him enough of a signal. Baekhyun swallowed a hard gulp, not bothering to savor whatever was left. He threw the bag of sweet popcorn on the table and straightened his back in full focus.

Xiumin offered his signature smirk to the younger, but leaned himself forward, resting his elbows on his thighs. 

"Erm, so the deal?" Baekhyun's voice cracked, but with a quick couple of coughs he was good to go.

"Sealed, we got Chung to give us the transport deal but...," he paused, "on occasion that we transport them ourselves. It was a hard deal."

"You mean we need to personally deliver the goods to our client?" Baekhyun whined childishly, kicking his legs around in a miniature tantrum.

"Yeah, yeah. Understandable, but Chung doesn't want anything to do with us after our last encounter," huffing in disappointment Xiumin leaned back into the soft plush of the couch.

"Last encounter? That simple mission you were talking about? What the heck happened?" Baekhyun felt the regret of volunteering to stay behind earlier.

"A few... mishaps, you can ask Kris for more of the details. I'd rather not go into it. It'll be an easy one his time too," immediately Xiumin reached up to his ear, hoping Luhan actually the dang thing. He knew Kris did, but Luhan didn't know the rules.


The dark fabric stretched over pale skin, disguising the tones that would give away his identity. Leafing through the alley way streets he checked every container, just as he was instructed. 

He checked his AK, making sure everything was good to go. It was heavy in his hands, hard to see in the dark, but it was his job.

When he came to think about it, there was something off about this. The crates were far too odd in size to be weapons, from what Luhan knew. Too odd and that wasn't his job, it was more of a job for DO and Kai.

"Hey," he mumbled into his earpiece, watching the trucks before him close up.

"What?" it buzzed to life, a lively voice sounding. Baekhyun probably.

"What are we guarding anyway?" he flicked his gun on the car door, a faint pang echoing from it.

"Eh? You didn't know?" Baekhyun's shocked voice was filled with surprise.

"Not really, Kris just mentioned the basics of the mission, defend the trucks," Luhan sighed, twirling the gun a few times, fumbling when it had almost fallen from his grip.

"Kris!" Baekhyun groaned. He was met by silence of the tall man. 

"So what are these things?" he tried to put Baekhyun back on track.

"Drugs."

"Drugs?" Luhan accused, astonished at Baekhyun's calm tone, "you guys sell drugs?"

"C'mon, cut us some slack, we're not that bad," Baekhyun was slightly insulted, "we don't sell them, we trade em'! All work in a job, we don't play around with that by choice. Xiumin's neutral, so we do jobs our client gives us. Boss has a few rules around here though." 

"Rules?"

"Yeah, rules, like... no taking work related to kids, no working with the po-po, no selling out, and yeah," Baekhyun listed off, trying to think of what they were.

"And no getting personal," a low voice spoke up on the communicator.

"Ah, so the devil makes himself known," Baekhyun teased.

"Well, you don't go forgetting the rules," Kris was having none of it.

"But I thought we were hitmen, do whatever the client says," Luhan asked innocently.

"Doesn't mean that all clients have child trafficking cases, you just take the ones that aren't. If it comes between a job, we drop it. We're not thugs either, we're quality hitmen."

"Who's our client anyway?" Luhan asked out of sheer curiosity. 

Silence.

"You ask too many questions," Kris growled and the following silence notified them that he turned off his comm link.

"What's up his ? Kid's basically a teen still. By the way, how's the head?" Luhan could practically see the smile on Baekhyun's face.

"The same I guess, still can't remember much," Luhan sighed, wondering what was Kris' deal.

As the driver flicked on the car lights he pushed the thought to the back of his head and got in the shotgun seat.

From there it was smooth sailing, strangely there weren't any troubles.


Bringing in the trucks they were met by an old man, face that had the smile of a grandfather, too kind for this world, this life. He approached Luhan and Kris, the first two to arrive, Baekhyun and Xiumin to eventually follow in tow.

"Why, hello, just bring them around here. The storage rooom is closed down at the moment," he grinned, eyes forming into cresents, wrinkles worming at the corner of his eyes.

"Wait, Lu, don't. Who are you? Where is Ms. Li?" Kris immediately stalled Luhan, turning his walls up.

"Ah, Madame Li couldn't be here today, she wanted to see you, Jiaheng," the kind man had a stange glint in his eyes that weren't so kind. Jiaheng? That wasn't Kris' name? Maybe another slang term he didn't know? The name of their group?

"You don't know me," Kris growled. Luhan knew that he should've meant "us".

"I may not know you very well, but I know what's going on here," his tone turned dangerous and Luhan immediatey put up his gaurd as well. How did he get the rights to be here?

"We're coming through," Kris gave a signal to Luhan to keep moving.

"No can do kid," he stood firmly, gaurds moving in the way of the gates.

Suddenly, his comm link beeped.

"Kris! Lu! If this is going to keep holding up, I'm coming over," a voice of irritation.

Without any other response, Xiumin could be seen heading over through the reflection of the side mirrors. Even if it was this dark, the short figure was clear, stalking his way up to the entrance.

As he approached the men, an odd expression made its way to his face. Eyebrows scrunched, body tense, jaw wen't slack.

"Minseok, my boy!" the old man's eyes turned innocent again, running forward to greet Xiumin by a name he had never heart before, "I see you visited the house again? It's been a long time, so I came here looking for you, behind the scenes."

"Don't ing call me that," Xiumin hissed, "and how did you know that, I made sure there was nothing out of place."

"It wasn't hard, seeing a familiar set of earrings and suit piece being worn by the golden child himself," the man reached out for Xiumin's shoulder, in a loving manner.

Instead Xiumin jerked away, betrayal in his eyes, "you left me to stay in the same fate as my parents did that day."

"I know, and I'm sorry so I want to make it up to you," he looked genuinely sad and Luhan wondered what was happening. He thought no personal relations were a thing.

"Well, you're too late," Xiumin looked younger suddenly as he turned his head down, hands balled into small fists.

"I lost them too, that day, I lost my son, what could I have done? You're like your mother, Minseok. I needed to think about it, what happened," he blew his fuse and ended up just as angry as Xiumin.

They stood there in a tense silence, when Kris decided to it.

"Xiumin, we should get going," Kris hovered over him, not daring to touch him.

"Yeah."

As they moved back to the trucks, the man, presumably Xiumin, no Minseok's? grandfather waved the gaurds away from the entrance.

"Jiaheng, your mother wants to see you," he spoke up and Kris simply turned his head, nodding curtly, "and Minseok, I'll be here, just give me an answer."

Xiumin stopped in his tracks, not ever turning, but that was enough for him to understand his answer.

"I'll see you later," it was only after he turned around to walk away when Xiumin spared a glance at him. Something told him it'd be a long time until he'd see him again.

Who would've known this man used to be one of the deadliest guys in the business.

Not that Luhan was ever aware of it. He kept his mouth shut despite his confusion, this wasn't the right time.


"Did you hear that all? Back there? What the hell was happening?" Baekhyun ran up to Luhan later in the day, the whoe area tense with Kris and Xiumin brooding in their rooms. Baekhyun held Luhan's shoulders, for he was there to see everything happen. Chanyeol was right at his right.

"I heard something huge happened," Chanyeol's wide eyes widened even further.

"I don't know either, I'm not sure," Luhan scrunched his brows, trying to think of what really did happen earlier. 

"Just tell us everything and we can discuss it," Baekhyun chimed.

"I mean this old guy came out and called Kris 'Jiaheng' when we had to see some lady named Madame Li. Then he called Xiumin 'Minseok' and then Minseok just got all upset and even talked about his parents. I think the guy is Xiumin's grandpa," Luhan spilled, remembering their upset faces, "oh, he also mentioned that Kris' mom wanted to see him. That, and something about him being too late for Xiumin."

"Woah, that's a lot to take in. Was he gross looking?" Baekhyun tried imagining the man, all wrinkly, eyepatch, a cane, and everything.

"I don't know, kind of like a really nice grandpa? Real innocent," that smashed Baekhyun's image of the man.

"You think he got dirt on the two? Or that Kris and Xiumin are secretly brothers?" Chanyeol speculated.

"I don't think so, Kris didn't know him. Kris' mom wants to see him, but Xiumin doesn't have parents," Luhan tried to think of anything he missed.

"What the hell is going on?" Baekhyun suddenly felt like he didn't know anything anymore. For the third member, he thought he knew his leader, but apparently not so much. If Kris didn't know either, he guessed it'd be okay, for now, unless something else ends up happening.


Note: What's this? Backstory?? Let's get this story on the road!

Enjoy and comment!