Silence - Wheein

Mamamoo Apartments

Solar dragged the two of us back to her appartment. We stopped fighting but kept glaring at each other, displeased. Everything was going well earlier, but she had to have different opinions than me. I did not know why I felt so upset, but I liked to argue with her. Solar tried to soothe the atmosphere by asking us personal information. Hwasa nonchalantly replied her while I tried to put up a good image and politely replied. I had not realized, but in contrast to the crysanthem scent, Hwasa reeked of alcohol. I supposed she had not took a shower before moving to our place. I kept staring at Hwasa through the window reflections. She annoyed me but she was not despicable. She was actually very interesting, because I never met any lesbians. I would not have guessed so at all if she had not told me. That also explained the way she dressed; it was very seducing. 

The conversation almost died down at first, thank goodness Moonbyul made her appearance. Solar went to take a cup for her and we began chatting again about different things. Solar was a bachelor that recently got fired from her job, Hwasa worked at the bar down the street and Moonbyul had many part-time jobs, but got just got fired from one. I told them I took a break from University.

It was the second time when the conversation actually died down and awkwardness reigned over the place. Everyone just sat there, Hwasa was on her phone, probably talking to chicks, Moonbyul just blankly stared at the cup, I was reading a novel on my phone and Solar sipped her tea, and opened the television. It was the Mnet channel, replaying the episodes of Unpretty Rapstar. At first we did not care, but slowly the four of us had our eyes glued to the screen. It then happened; Jessi came on and made her famous speech; "We are not a Team. This is a competition.". The four of us were surprised and we started cheering. That night we ended up having an Unpretty Rapstar marathon and our relationship improved through that. 

We probably went home around 3AM. Hwasa did not work on Saturdays. We were smiling to each other while walking down the stairs, but them we both remembered the arguments we threw at each other earlier in the day, and our annoyed faces came back. We both went in our rooms and I could hear her listen to some upbeat music. I thought we have had enough of arguments that night, so I just went out to to balcony, laid against the balustrades, plugged my earphones and read a book. I felt the night breeze through my hair, it felt great. After about an hour of reading, Hwasa also came out to the balcony, but with beers. She did not know I would be there, but without saying a word, she opened two cans of beer for us. I took it and we toasted. She then put her headphones and we enjoyed the starry night in silence until the sun rose and we went back to our rooms. 

Later in the day, I woke up and decided to wake her up. I knew she was also the type to wake up late. I slowly opened the door, and peeked through. It was messy already. Clothes were scattered everyone, plus she had her junk food chips bag opened yet they were not finished. I then stepped back and shouted her name, waiting for an answer, but that did not wake her up, so I decided to knock on her door, yet still no answer; I finally barged into her room because I was impatient. It was very cute though, she only wore an oversized top thus she was bottomless. It made me feel slightly weird to see someone else half- other than my sisters. 

Hwasa groaned and I thought I have heard her mutter these words
"Babe, just give me another minute." 

I felt awkward, maybe flustered, but her voice attracted me. It had a jazzy feeling through it. I shook off the feeling from me, because I knew she was a girl and I had not been attracted to girls then. I threw a clothing of hers at her and told her we had to go buy our furnitures and that I would be waiting outside. As I got out of her room, I believed she realized the things she said, because she had definitely whispered "oh my god."

That was how our love-hate relationship began. We were similar in many ways, but at the same time we had different opinion on many things.