Chapter Eight

Like Cars in the City
Please log in to read the full chapter

{ chapter eight }

‘that was crazy’

Basically, the first day of the trip was attending a somewhat seminar about the factors of making a business such as hotels and learning how to manage it. After the discussion in the hall, the students were divided into groups and a two staffs accompanied each groups, touring them around the hotel and telling them the significance of it. True to their words, they even binge-teach them how to properly fold and tuck blankets.

Alex surely that he just ended up crumpling the poor blanket. One staff was clearly not happy with the result.

They went to bed at eight, but Jin Hee ended up sleeping at twelve because she was busy annoying Baek Hyun through texts.

Jin Hee: Baeeeeee

Baek Hyun: Wtf don’t call me that

Jin Hee: Yeah like you can stop me ᕙ(`▿´)ᕗ

Baek Hyun: Whats with the emoticons????? Why are you texting me I’m going to sleep!!!!!

Baek Hyun: Call time tomorrow is damn early

Jin Hee: 8am is early to you? And hey! Emoticons are cute!!! Like you!! ≧◉◡◉≦

Baek Hyun: Stop its creepy and yes its early so pls let me sleep woman

Jin Hee: Nooo! We’re going to just hang out tomorrow anyways!

Jin Hee: Bae??? Yooohoooo! Don’t sleep yet!

Baek Hyun: LEE!! PLEASE!! I WANT TO SLEEP!

Jin Hee: B-But… (╥﹏╥)

Jin Hee: Lee is not sleepy yet… (╥﹏╥)

Baek Hyun: Well! Byun is already sleepy so will u pls!

Jin Hee: OMG WE’RE SO CUTE! AAAAHHHH

She was already screaming in her head when she sent that, by the way.

Baek Hyun: I am cute youre not included

Jin Hee: (◑́_◑᷅ ) okay…

Baek Hyun: The emoticons are so creepy wtf let me sleep Lee please I will whip your if I wake up late tomorrow istg

Jin Hee: (¬‿¬)

Jin Hee: huh (¬‿¬)

Baek Hyun: OK

Baek Hyun: THAT’S IT IM TURNING OFF MY PHONE DON’T TEXT ME IM GOING TO SLEEP

He didn’t really turn off his phone since she could still call him after he sent that text. Their text conversations basically consisted of their usual love-hate relationship. And Jin Hee was the one who insisted on texting but in the end, she was the first one to sleep.

Jin Hee: Alex at the folding the blankets part ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Jin Hee: The other staff was so not happy seeing the wrinkled blanket ( ̄。 ̄)

Baek Hyun: In our group it was Joon Myeon who wasn’t able to do it

Jin Hee: Lol

Baek Hyun: It was his first time to do that kind of thing

Baek Hyun: Oi Lee?

Baek Hyun: Oh my don’t tell me you slept on me!!!!!!!!!!!

Baek Hyun: GEEZ!!!!!! BYE THEN

Jin Hee woke up laughing, realizing that she just slept on Baek Hyun when she was the one who forced him not to sleep yet just to humor herself.

“!” Alex called as he entered Jin Hee’s room together with Stephanie.

Jin Hee had just stepped out of bathroom, wearing another tank top and black tights.

“Alex, can you tone down the profanities? It’s eight in the morning.” She groaned.

“Let’s get breakfast. Joon Myeon and Jong In are already at the lounge downstairs.”

“Girl, how did you know?!” Alex asked.

Stephanie scratched her head, “H-He texted me…”

“Come on, Jin Hee, Stephanie’s indirectly telling us to hurry so she can already see Joon Myeon!”

Imma tie this hoe on one of these beds so he can chill the up.

Jin Hee could not stand Alex’s mouth any longer so they decided to go down. The three stepped out of the elevator and immediately joined the two guys on the couch once they saw them.

“Good morning!” Jong In greeted her as soon as she sat down beside him.

“Good morning, pretty boy!” She cheerfully greeted back. “Where are the other three?”

He shrugged, “Min Seok and Jong Dae are on their way, I think. Though I don’t know about Baek Hyun…”

She couldn’t help but to laugh and unlock her phone. She immediately dialed Baek Hyun’s number and after three rings, he picked up.

“Hello…” Baek Hyun’s husky voice sent shivers to her spine. Jin Hee felt her face heating up.

Imagine waking up to that voice every single day.

No, no, no, no, actually, don’t.

She cleared , “S-Sleepyhead! Byun, we’re already here down at the lounge and you’re the only one we’re waiting for.”

“Hmm… yeah…” Jin Hee gulped at his voice, but pulled the phone out of her ear when he shouted, “What?!”

“Y-Yeah… We’re gonna get breakfast. So are you coming or—“

There was a shuffle in the background and she could he was rushing, “I’m coming! Wait for me! Ten minutes!” Beep.

She shook her head and lightly laughed.

“Was that Baek Hyun?” Jong In asked and she nodded, “What did he say?”

“Seems like he was still sleeping. I told him he’s the only one who’s still not here and I think he got up faster than the lightning.”

Jong In and Jin Hee talked about random things to kill the time while they were waiting for the three guys, mostly about the hotel and how Joon Myeon also crippled the blanket last night. Though Jong In said he charmed his way out by his blinding smile. Jin Hee snorted. Alex couldn’t do that because he was scowling the whole time. And even if he smiled, he’d look like an escaped psychopath instead.

Halfway their chat, Jong Dae and Min Seok already arrived. Few minutes after, Baek Hyun followed, panting and his hear undone. Once complete, the group went to the dining hall and found it packed, so they had no choice but to eat outside. The advantage of eating outside is you can get as much food as you want so you won’t have to go back inside. Smart.

“Plans for today?” Min Seok asked, “Swimming pool or beach?”

“Let’s go with the beach and save the pool later at night.” Joon Myeon suggested.

Jong In nodded, “Sounds good.”

So they did. Once they got their thirty-minute break (because Joon Myeon reminded them that swimming right after you ate would result into appendicitis), Jin Hee instantly ran to the beach with Alex and Stephanie chasing her. Min Seok, Jong In, and Joon Myeon settled under a palm tree, the shade covering them from the sun. Jong Dae practically pulled Baek Hyun so he won’t be alone.

Baek Hyun approached Jin Hee with a glare, “You had the audacity to sleep on me last night when you were the one who bugged me to stay awake.”

Jin Hee replied with a toothy grin and pinched both his cheeks, “Aww, my baby Byun is mad at me.”

“Damn right I am, woman! You definitely deserved what happened yesterday in the bus.” He slapped her hand away.

She gasped, “No I don’t! If I knew what would happen, I would’ve exchanged seats with the Chinese guy’s seatmate!” Jin Hee pouted and played with the water, “He’s so cute.”

Baek Hyun rolled his eyes and splashed some water to Jin Hee’s face, “Please, that guy’s a graduating student. And you’re not his type.”

“You’re just jealous that I found someone cuter than you.”

Baek Hyun grunted in disbelief. She was witty and it was annoying his guts. Never in his life had he expected that there would be a gi

Please log in to read the full chapter