Chapter Ten

Like Cars in the City
Please log in to read the full chapter

waa we hit 1k views!! /dances/ thank you!!! and eyy i just want to dedicate ((tho it has no connection at all)) this chapter to my number one commenter, hunhanhearts!! thank you so muuuch love ya! also, please do comment! i appreciate them a lot! 

{ chapter ten }

‘your king’

The two spent the day together, no, wait, scratch that, more like, Jin Hee and Na Young spent the day together, with Baek Hyun in the background. The older girl squealed when she saw Jin Hee in their house, with Baek Hyun, but frowned instantly when she saw her eating cookies instead of proper food and scolded her brother about ‘taking care of your future wife’.

Jin Hee went home just before evening fell. Soo Yeon comforted her with a soft smile while Chan Yeol scolded her for not answering his calls.

“Chan, I just went to Baek Hyun’s house to chill. Don’t worry.” She said while her older brother tailed her.

Chan Yeol sat on a bar stool while Jin Hee drank water from a glass, “Too late to tell me not to worry because I already did, little brat. You don’t know that village. What if you got lost?”

“I would’ve called you.”

“You didn’t.”

“It means I did not get lost.” She rolled her eyes, “Chan, calm down, okay? I’m here in front of you, fine, alive and kicking in one piece.”

“Still—!”

“Na Young’s free on Tuesday and she’s going to this adult playground.” Jin Hee casually said, though there was a hidden message underneath her sentence; ‘Go to that place, meet her and pretend that it’s a coincidence.’

It made Chan Yeol silent and the twinkle of interest in his eyes made Jin Hee grin. Chan Yeol narrowed his eyes on his sister and leaned on the bar.

“Go on…”

Jin Hee’s heart pounded on her ears as her car’s engine roared to life. The moment she saw her own car—front bumper designed like a sharp sea wave, blinding white and gold horizontal lines—she knew she was going to love it forever. After her infinite ‘thank you’s to her father, she got inside the driver’s seat and took in the interior look of her car. Black leather seats, white with gold lines steering wheel and the high-tech stereo, it was perfect.

Her dad had told her that photographers and media will be waiting for her in the streets of Seoul. She doesn’t need to stop, but she needed to drive slowly so they’ll take enough look of the car.

True enough; the sidewalks were full of bystanders and people with huge cameras. She was glad that the windows were heavily tinted and the booming stereo drowned the jumpy feeling she was having. She slowly drove the car, though her foot was itching to just step on the gas and change the gears.

The torturous minutes were soon over, and she entered the campus with all the students looking at that scene-stealer car. Jin Hee loudly laughed when she saw Alex’s shocked face when he saw the person inside the car through the windshield. She could already hear his high-pitched scream.

Jin Hee was slightly trembling in excitement when she got out of the car. Audible gasps could be heard anywhere, but Alex, being his usual self, yelled a profanity.

The dean greeter her with a smile and a handshake, “Congratulations on the successful launch, Ms. Lee.”

She shook her hand with his, “Thank you, Sir. I hope you don’t mind the little… commotion.” She gestured to the scattered and murmuring students.

The man in his fifties laughed, “No, no, it’s alright. But I have to tell you to go straight to your designated classroom. There’s still fifteen minutes left before classes start.”

“Of course, Sir. Thank you.”

Jin Hee then walked to her own group of friends who had their mouths agape, well, except for Baek Hyun who knew all of these.

“Alex, the answer to your question is no.” she grinned.

“What?”

“You asked me if Chan Yeol was my boyfriend, right?” Jin Hee shuddered, “The answer is no. That’d be .”

“Wait, what?” Min Seok confusedly asked, “You’re Eric Lee’s daughter? I thought it’s just Chan Yeol and Se Hun…”

“Eric Lee’s illegitimate daughter.” She corrected and Min Seok slowly nodded.

“Hey, Baek Hyun! You don’t look surprised at all!” Joon Myeon nudged the bored-looking guy beside him, “You knew all of these, didn’t you?”

Baek Hyun nodded but didn’t say a word.

“How? Why didn’t you tell us?” Jong Dae pouted.

“Our families had dinner together and I saw her,” he shrugged, “and it’s not my life to tell, Jong Dae.”

“But everything crazy aside,” Jong In approached Jin Hee and patted her head, “you drove well.”

“Thanks!” she cheerfully said, eyes turning crescent.

“Let’s go, we’ll be late.”

All of them looked at Baek Hyun’s back figure as he walked ahead.

“What’s his problem?” asked Jin Hee.

Joon Myeon shrugged, “Don’t know. He was alright a while ago.”

As they walked to their room, she was bombarded by questions.

“Why are you here in this school? I mean, Se Hun’s there in Whimoon…” Jong In asked.

She simply shrugged, “Se Hun hates me and putting us in the same school would be world war three.”

“How did you end up in your father’s custody after so many years?” it was Jong Dae who asked.

“My mother died last December and I had nowhere to go. Mom’s family disowned her so I couldn’t really go to my relatives.” Her statement was laid-back and her friends were impressed, “And please don’t tell me you’re sorry. It’s alright.”

“Oh…” Jong Dae trailed, “sorry about that.”

Jin Hee snapped her head to Jong Dae who cheekily grinned. She shook her head and laughed.

Soon, they all settled in their seats and their homeroom teacher went inside. She immediately announced the upcoming school event.

“Those old students know the significance of this month. Can somebody tell me what the events are this month?”

One giddy student at the back raised his

Please log in to read the full chapter