Chapter Six

Like Cars in the City
Please log in to read the full chapter

{ chapter six }

‘someone’s father was really naughty back then’

After the stressful yet fun day, it was ordinary and back-to-normal the next day for Jin Hee.

Except for the facts that a car was named after her (though she thinks that she needs to stop flattering herself since she figured out that the other limited car models were named after Soo Yeon and Se Hun) and Chan Yeol had already accepted her as his sister and he was constantly bugging her when breakfast came, though Se Hun purposely skipped it because he didn’t want to witness his brother going to the dark side (he calls it like that). The married couple stared at their son for one good minute, before bursting into smiles. Finally, the noisy Lee Chan Yeol was back.

“Dad, do I really just have, like, one week to do this?” Chan Yeol had whined when they walked to the black pick-up car.

Jin Hee stared at her tall brother for good five seconds with her eyes and nostrils widened. Seeing the giant guy complain childishly was amusing. It was like watching a giraffe whimper about its height.

Or does that even make sense?

“Yes. And I still have to teach her how to drive, so Jin Hee, leave your weekends to me.” Jin Hee’s father said which she nodded to, “Besides, she’ll be the one who’ll introduce the car to the public.” Her father grinned.

It was one of the things that flooded her mind. After she thanked her brother for dropping her off to school, Jin Hee couldn’t care less to the stares she was receiving. Her mind was full of; what the heck I have a car that’s named after me; holy Chan Yeol and I are officially brothers and sisters; what did dad mean that I’ll be the one who will introduce the car you mean I’m gonna stand in front of so many people while talking about the car’s capabilities and non-existent hover features???

The ideas and the whole situation were crazy.

The hall had lesser students since it was almost the start of class hours, and she was surprised nothing greeted her for today, or she just still hasn’t received it yet. At the end of the hall, she could see Alex and Stephanie staring at her.

“Hey.” Said Jin Hee once she approached them. Stephanie was grinning at her like a dog while Alex had an impatient look.

“Tell me, Jin Hee,” Alex’s man-twisted-into-woman voice echoed as they walked inside the room. The two tailed behind her and when she sat beside Baek Hyun who watched them, the question dropped at the same time with her .

“Are you Chan Yeol’s girlfriend?”

She froze. Oh no, someone saw, they saw it. She decided that she was not going to let them know until the introduction of the car! The car named after her! The room fell silent, until Jin Hee’s laughter exploded.

She casually slung her arm around her seatmate’s shoulder, Baek Hyun, who froze upon hearing Alex’s accusation.

He remained silent, remembering last night’s happenings. Apparently, the girl beside him, the girl he’s been annoying and fighting with, is the girl who’s been through a tough journey. Dead mom, illegitimate daughter, a brother who hates her, Baek Hyun’s chest rumbled with an uneasy feeling, thinking that if all those things happened to him, he wouldn’t be as happy as her right now.

That’s when he realized that knowing things about her from other people wasn’t right. It must come from her, from the real thing.

Or the real person, whatever.

Jin Hee stared at her friend, with mischievous look on her eyes as Alex impatiently waited together with their classmates. Lee Chan Yeol is famous, being the first-born son of Eric Lee, and an alumnus of Whimoon High, which is Dwight’s rival, and also where Se Hun currently studies.

In the end, she laughed, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” God! That would be !

“Oh. My. God!” Alex dramatically exclaimed as he fanned himself with his hands, “I so saw you a while ago! He was the one who dropped you off!”

Baek Hyun wiggled his shoulders, but Jin Hee’s arm stayed. It felt wrong to him. At the back of his mind, it was supposed to him that’s side-hugging her.

“Alex, Alex,” Jin Hee pulled her arm off Baek Hyun and grinned at her friend, “give me ‘til next week to answer, will ‘ya?

This hoe isn’t thinking clearly what the did he actually forget my surname? She chuckled.

Alex grunted and went to his seat. Stephanie winked at her.

When she turned to her seatmate, she found him with his arms folded in the table, his head laying down to it while looking at her. Jin Hee smiled. Somehow, she knew why he was acting carefully around her. He just knew her real story, the real happening backstage.

She laid her head on his shoulder, their faces dangerously close to each other. Baek Hyun almost gulped. He had never been this close to a girl before.

“Not clingy, huh,” He muttered.

She lowly laughed, “Why are we not pulling off each other’s head right now? Do you pity me?”

“Why would I pity you?”

“Because of what you knew last night?”

Baek Hyun nervously scoffed, “Don’t think I’ll go easy on you, Lee.”

She properly sat up when the teacher came in and grinned at him, “Good to know.”

True to his words, the usual fights occurred, but this time, they avoided getting detention. Jin Hee knew that the second time won’t be mopping the muddy gymnasium floor, but stacking books in a quiet place. For two persons who always bicker with each other? Nope, the library wasn’t the advisable place for them.

The random lines in their notes caused by an elbow, the occasional threats to punch one another, Baek Hyun’s smug

Please log in to read the full chapter