장 9

Fairytale Feeling

(Troye Sivan’s Youth and Falling by Tyler Ward ft. Alex G.)

The next day I woke up. My throat is dry, my head hurts as well as my feet and . Just kidding! My is fine now. I hold my head as I rise from my bed. My head is hot. Baekhyun’s right. I may have a fever.

“Are you alright, Seojin-ssi?” The student from C-4 asked.

“Yeah. Don’t mind me.” I smiled. “I’ll just visit the clinic.”

“O-okay. You should be back before they call us for breakfast.”

 

The elevator took years before it reached our floor. I thought I might end up using stairs all the way down to the first floor. My head spins the moment the elevator moves down. I should have asked one of my roommates help. When I was a little girl, I never experienced fainting because of fever. Every time I’m sick, Mom’s there or Gayoung Unnie to take care of me. Now that I’m far from them. No one’s here to catch me.

“Are you feeling alright now?”

“Y-yeah.” I try to seat so I can talk properly to the nurse.

“You need to eat first before you drink your medicine. Your injury caused you to have fever. You also went outside last night which triggered your fever. Thanks to one of your friends who saw you unconscious inside the elevator.”

“Friend of mine? Who?”

“Oh... I forgot the name but his surname was Byun?”

 

So Baekhyun is the one who rescued me. Now that I owe him one, maybe I should be nice to him? Who have thought that he was still nice? So when I regain my strength, I looked for him. But no one from his group can be seen. I asked random students if they saw them. Other girls gave me a judging look for asking about their boys. I contacted Sera, she might be able to help me but her phone is out of reach. I don’t have Hyerim’s number so I can’t have her help either.

 

I went straight to the garden after I ate brunch, I rested in one of the shed because there’s a droplets of rain pouring. That’s when I saw Baekhyun with his hand around the girl’s shoulder trying to run away from the crying sky. I dated girls for fun. Maybe he’s just having fun. But witnessing a scene like that caused a twinge in my chest. There is something in me that I can’t even comprehend until it’s called upon. Now that I’ve found him, let’s forget about saying thank you.

 

The faculty staffs asked the Student Council Officers to make a random roll call for those who are going to help for our dinner tonight. I was assigned to distribute foods. How am I supposed to give their meals if I’m handicapped? I can’t just stand inside the counter staring to my schoolmates. Other students are assigned to go to the market to buy ingredients. Thankfully, Hyerim approached me and asking to change duties with me. She was assigned in the kitchen. Another thing is, I have the faintest knowledge about cooking. At least I know how to chop. But don’t you dare ask me to cook or have my help when it comes to cooking.

 

We are waiting for the groceries to come. I looked outside and the rain still pouring outside that makes me wonder if this will stop by night so I can visit the garden and stare at the moon and stars.

 

At 5pm, we are gathering inside the kitchen preparing for our dinner. We need to do this early because we might end up burning the whole menu. They gave me potatoes who needs me to peel their rough skin. Poor potatoes. One of the adviser is watching us. Of course they will because they also need to eat what we’re preparing. He’s here to check if we’re doing the right procedure.

“Okay, everyone! Listen up!” The adviser clapped his hands to call our attention. “Those who are assigned to distribute food will now help you to put all the meal outside.”

I went outside to calm myself with the sound of the rain thinking of learning how to cook when I got home. Gayoung can help me.

            “What are you doing here? You’re still not fully recovered. Use this to cover your head.” Baekhyun tossed a shirt on me. “Don’t worry. I used it only once.”

            “Yuck!” He laughs.

            “Seriously. You’re not supposed to be staying here.”

            “Look who’s worried."

            “I’m not. It’s just that, my parents will bombard me with questions if they’ll figure out what happened to you here.” He leaned on the wall beside me. “How’s your feet?”

            “Better than before.”

 

Today will be our last day staying here. We’re leaving tomorrow after lunch so our school principal gave us time to roam around the area so we can also buy souvenirs. Finally I can walk freely without the help of crutches. Riding a boat made my roommate sick so her classmate is trying to calm her by using an ointment. I want to laugh because this one of the bullies is afraid of how the boat dances with the wave. Sera asked me to ride a duck boat later. She searched so much about Nami Island so we can try anything in here.

            “You sure about this? Your feet’s going to hurt.” Sera said as we walk towards the duck boat lane.

            “I’m pretty sure about this. In fact, we’re here to enjoy our free time.”

            “Okay then. Let’s grab an ice cream first.”

            “Can we save it later after the boat ride? I’m sure we’re going to lose e4nergy on it.”

The ride only made my legs ache. So much workout for us. Sera made me rest and she bought ice cream for the both of us. There are lots of tourist so buying an ice cream is hard to the point that I have to wait for Sera for 15 minutes. Chanyeol spotted me and said that they are having ice cream. He asked me where Sera is and I told him that she’s currently on the counter waiting for our ice cream to be serve.

There is an open space where we can run around and take good pictures. Sera immediately grabbed her Polaroid camera and snaps.

            “What souvenir did you buy?” Chanyeol asked.

            “Haven’t thought of buying much but I bought keychains.” Sera said.

            “Really? Is that customized?” Baekhyun said.

            “No. Why?”

            “I have customized keychains. It is made of handmade clothe.” He shows his phone keychain.

            “Seriously, Baek?” Chanyeol reacted. “A female bear in her hanbok?”

            “Wow! I didn’t know you have this kind of thing with female stuffs. It’s cute though.” Sera said while trying to suppress her laugh.

            “Well actually,” He shows another. “This is supposed to be me and this female bear is Seojin.”

            “Uh...” Chanyeol’s fake cough made me look at him.

            “How nice of you. Thanks!” I said without a trace of sarcasm. I turned around and a kid bumped on my leg and her ice cream is now on my pants. “Oh—no…” The little girl cried.

            “Look what you have done, Baby— I’m so sorry, Miss.” The Mom of the little girl approached me as she noticed the mess on my clothes.

            “It’s fine. It was an accident.” I told the lady.

            “But your pants…”

            “I can clean it.” I assure her.

She finally let it go when I told her for the nth time that it’s alright. Though, my pants feels sticky and it irritates me. We roam around until Hyerim saw us. She’s with her friends and one of them noticed my pants and she told me that she saw a store that sells clothes.

            “Seriously, Sera?”

            “This is the only thing that will fit on you.”

            “This is a short.”

            “What’s wrong with shorts? You wear one back home.”

            “It’s not comfortable wearing here with schoolmates.”

            “You don’t have any choice but to wear this or you want to get itchy until we went back to the hotel.”

 

Why do I feel that this short is too short for me when it’s not? I asked Sera if she have jacket with her and she said she didn’t bring one. Kyungsoo might overheard us and he offered his.

We came back to our hotel room and we started packing our things since we’re leaving tomorrow. My roommates left to enjoy our last night with their classmates. I’m thankful that I’ll have my time alone even if it’s just for now. It’s been ten minutes that I’m lying on my bed when someone knocked.

            “You forgot to get this earlier.” He said when I opened the door. “Where’s your phone?”

            “I thought you’re just kidding. By the way, thanks.”

            “You don’t have to say it.” He puts the cute bear on my phone.

            “So… Mina from C-4?” Oops! It slipped.

            “What are you talking about?” He gave back my phone.

            “Just asking. Saw you the other day with you.”

            “No. My classmate asked me to help him with her. W-wait! Are you jealous?”

            “What the—no! Why would I?”

 

A/N: Thanks for staying with me even though I'm not an active author. Finally I have weeks of rest until my classes starts again. I was able to write again. So here's my crappy update.

I'm not going to say anything about Jongin's dating issue but it still affects me. It’s just that, it reminds me about B's dating issue before. It doesn't hurt as much as it hurts that time but yeah--let's move on. I heard that they're having their comeback. Yay! I hope that their comeback is the key to wake up my feelings for them.