Baekhyun's POV

Fairytale Feeling

Every time I got to scan my childhood photo album. There’s this photo of mine with a girl. I guess we have the same age. We don’t have that much photo together but we seem so joyful and close to each other. I have this photo that I’m wearing a girl’s dress and I think it’s hers. It’s embarrassing! (Thanks, God my Mom didn’t think of displaying that one.) I don’t know her name and I don’t remember any moments or bond we had before. I also don’t have the guts to ask again my parents about her. The first time I saw our pictures, I asked Mom who she is. She only said that, she’s the daughter of one of their closest friend. After that, I didn’t dare to ask about her again.

As I grew up, there is a time that I felt like I need to know her more. That I need to find her. I even try to look for her in my school when I was 7. But the problem is, I don’t have any clue about her. She’s a total stranger.

Years have passed and I stopped trying to know her. It’s a past and my life needs to move on. Past is only a memory. I need to focus on my present and prepare for my future. Now that I’m in my last year in high school. I receive lots of confession and love from my fellow students. They’re crazy about us! I also forgot about that little girl with me. I have moved on, okay? Odds will make its way if I’m destined to meet her.

 

***

 

I called my Dad and he was asking me where I am. I forgot about the dinner! I’m already on my way to Chanyeol’s and I don’t have any intention to drive back and attend that dinner.

“Dad, can you tell them that I’m not available today?”

“But we already talked about this.”

“I’m really sorry! I made a promise to my friends already. I’m already on my way to Chanyeol’s place.”

“You have to make it up to this family.”

“Okay-okay!”

“I’ll call you later. We’ll talk or else you won’t be able to use your car.”

That scares me. No car, no fun. I don’t know how to ride bus and my friends will make fun of me. Why do I need to attend that dinner? Why does my presence important there? Don’t tell me they’re trying to set me up with that family’s daughter? If she’s beautiful, it’s fine with me. But, what if, if she’s not? Hell no! There’s really no way for me to date her!

 

My mind cleared up when I came to Chanyeol’s place but I guess my face betrayed me. They all looked at me like they’re studying my face or there’s something on it. I guess they already figured out what’s happening.

            “Aunt Mirae texted me if I’m with you.” Chanyeol said.

            “What did you say?”

            “I told her that you’re not here.”

            “What the hell, Yeol! I just told my father about hanging in your place!”

While I’m still frustrated on how to explain things to my parents, my friends are laughing at me. Chanyeol ruined everything. I don’t know whom they’re going to believe, Chanyeol or me.

 

***

 

I know Yang Seojin because of Jongin but I didn’t expect her to see today. She’s a catch. She’s a good-looking woman and I heard that she’s smart.

            “Sorry to keep you wait. I’m –“ She said as she extend her hand for a handshake.

            “What a pleasant surprise to see you today, Miss Yang Seojin. The daughter of the richest business man. Oh! And the cousin of Jongin.”

            “Excuse me, Mister?” What? She doesn’t know me?

            “Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.”

            “I guess I don’t need to introduce myself.” I can’t stop myself from chuckling.

            “I’m surprised that you don’t know me.”

            “I don’t pay attention to others. It’s a waste of time.” She’s interesting.

 

***

 

The next day I saw her walking and her face looks angry or maybe not? Maybe she already knows about our parent’s plan for us? She walk passed us and Chanyeol wishes me luck since he already knows about the arrangement I have with Seojin.

            “Do you think you can handle being with her?”

            “What do you think?”

            “She looks like she’s always ready to beat you. For example, when you lie to her she’s going to be really mad and furious. Though, she really looks good. I’m not going to deny that she’s beautiful.”

            “I get your point.”

            “But I’m also worried about her.”

            “Why? I thought you’re on my side?”

            “Because you’re immature.”

            “Tsk! Look who’s talking!”

 

***

 

During our activity, I noticed Seojin’s feet while she’s running. It seems like she have a sprained ankle. Look how competitive she is! She did not stop just because she’s injured. She’s willing to injure the pained just to finish the game. My giant friend walked towards her before me to carry her. I’ll let Chanyeol carry her since he’s big enough.

 

I walked out of my room and I saw Sera at the lobby. I haven’t seen them together. I guess she’s in her room resting. I don’t know why I’m too curious about her today. I went outside to enjoy the night and guess who I saw.

“You’re not allowed to roam around with a feet like that.”

“Who said I’m not allowed?” Is she always like this?

“What if something happens?”

“Like what?”

“What if a bear from the zoo sneaked out?”

“A bear? Sneaked out? What kind of imagination do you have, Baekhyun?” She chuckled.

“I repeat, what if.” I try not to roll my eyes at her.

“I’m going to believe you if you gave me a reasonable example like, what if the rain pours.”

“See? You have ideas of what might happen.” He stands straight from the tree he was leaning. “Why are you out?”

“Why are you out, too?”

We did not answer each other’s question. I didn’t let her walk alone but she doesn’t want to be accompanied especially by me. But I still keep on following her. Until she bumped into someone.

            “Look what happened!”

            “Will you help me stand first before you start scolding?” Now she’s being demanding.

In the end of the night, I offered her my back and noticed that she’s having a hot temperature until out topic went to dating girls.

 

The next day I was walking around the lobby with my smartphone on my hand searching of what am I supposed to do to help my classmate so Mina will go out with him. I heard someone calls for a help because the girl inside the elevator fainted and to my surprise, it was Seojin. I told the person who saw Seojin that I’m going to carry her to the clinic and she immediately received a treatment. I waited for her to wakeup but I still have a mission to do.

 

After preparing, Mina is now finally taking to my classmate so I went back to the cafeteria to finish my assigned task that’s when I saw Seojin outside leaning on the wall.

            “What are you doing here? You’re still not fully recovered. Use this to cover your head.” I threw my shirt. “Don’t worry. I used it only once.”

            “Yuck!” I laugh and put my hands on my hips. I can’t believe she’s being choosy now.

            “Seriously. You’re not supposed to be staying here.”

            “Look who’s worried.”

            “I’m not. It’s just that, my parents will bombard me with questions if they’ll figure out what happened to you here.” I lean on the wall beside her. “How’s your feet?”

            “Better than before.”

 

At Nami Island, I saw a cute souvenir shop who makes customized keychains. I asked Chanyeol to come with me and a bear keychain catches my attention.

            “Why are you buying a female bear?”

            “Aish! This is a gift.”

            “For who?”

            “You ask too many questions, Yeol.”

            “I only asked two.” I heard him murmur.

 

***

 

Seojin’s still not here so I’ve decided to look at their displayed photos. A certain frame caught my attention so I immediately looked at it and to my surprise the same dress I wore when I was little is here. A baby girl wearing the same dress. Suddenly I felt that there is someone’s presence behind me. And there’s Seojin.

            “Is this you?”

            “Of course. I’m an only child.”

            “I see.”

I need to be sure if it’s really her. When she settle herself sitting on the sofa, I took a picture of the little girl with my hand phone.

 

When we finally got home. I looked for my baby pictures and compare Seojin’s dress and face to the one I’m wearing and to the one who used to be my playmate. Finally I found you.

 

***

 

My classmate seems so happy because Mina’s finally going out with him but I’m afraid that he’s going to express his happiness to me so I try to hide from him. Then suddenly, I saw Seojin. Without thinking, I drag her with me. She keeps on talking. I’m afraid we might disturb the others who are in classes.

            “Hey, only child! Come with me!”

            “H-hey! What are you d—“ I grabbed her hand. “I need to go back to my class!”

            “Ssh. Someone’s following me.” I told her even though I'm not sure if there's really someone who's following me.

            “Then why do you need to drag me with you?!”

            “Keep your voice down.” I try to cover .

            “Then answer me first or I’ll scream here that you we’re hiding here so the God-who-knows-who will—“ Out of nowhere, I kissed her.

            “At least I know how to shut your mouth.”

I keep it a secret all the time but I think I need someone to know what happened so Chanyeol is my victim. Since we are going out tonight, I might tell him the story. I need him alone so I can tell him. Wtf? I sound so gay.

 

***

 

Seojin came late because of her job. I spend my time talking with my friends and greeting some businessmen I know. I've been here for an hour when she came but she looks like drunk? I'm about to offer her a seat when her Mom called her. Suddenly, someone called my name from the other table near her. Her Mom called me and asked me to her inside so I immediately gave my help.

            “Hyung!” Jongin called me. “Y-you know where the guest room is right?” He leans forward to whisper. "Please do take care of her. She's different when she's drunk."

            "Okay. I get it." He pats my shoulder.

 

I haven't left the room when she finally set herself on the bed. I just stand there watching the girl I've been looking for.

"Thank you, Mister.” She hiccupped "For escorting me here."

”Now I’m just a Mister to you." I sat beside her. “You shouldn’t drink like that."

"Hmm." I stare at her drunk red face.

"About yesterday." I try not to laugh. She's just funny.

"Hmm?"

"You'll forget everything tomorrow won't you?" I smile at her. She's unbelievable.

"Hmm..."

”Seojin…”

And then I kissed her. Don't exaggerate the story. It was just a peck. Of course I do respect her.  Then the door opens and I was caught kissing her. Baekhyun, the son of Byun Company was caught kissing the daughter of YNG Company.