장 6

Fairytale Feeling

“Seojin, come with me.”  He extended his hand reaching mine.

“Who are you?”  I ask the faceless man.

“It doesn’t matter who I am. I need you to be with me. I’ve been waiting and looking for you after all this years. Seojin, I’m in —“  Oh, no! There’s an earthquake!

“Seojin, wake up! You’re going to be late!”

I jolted up seeing Gayoung Unnie trying her best to wake me. Ugh! I can’t remember anything about my dream. I know my dream is not done yet, I need to know what is my dream! I know there’s something that I need to do in it.

 

On my way to my locker, I receive many stares, glares rather, from my schoolmates. What’s wrong with them? Because you’re eating lunch with their boys. I’m crazy. My subconscious is now talking to me. But it’s true. Maybe that’s the reason why they’re throwing death-stares to me. As if I’m in favor of what their boys doing! I don’t need to pay attention to those people. I’m still frustrated with my dream. I really hope that I’ll be able to remember it and have a continuation.

After spending lunch with them for days. I started to recognize and memorize their names. As I walk towards my locker, Chanyeol greets me a good morning. They were cool and nice. How come they became friends of Baekhyun?

Last night before I go to sleep, I walk back and forth in the hallway waiting for my parents so I can talk to them. Is this the right thing to do?

            “Seojin, Sweetie, what are you doing here?”

            “Mom, can we talk?”

            “Of course, Baby. Come inside.” She leads me inside their room.

            “I’ve decided.”

            “Baby, you don’t have to force yourself if you don’t want to.” She sounds so worried but hopeful.

            “No, Mom. It’s okay with me. I’m fine.” I smiled.

            “Oh, my!” She hugs me. “We do this for your sake.”

            “I know, Mom…” Her eyes twinkles and I saw Dad watching us from the doorway smiling.

It’s final! I agreed with their deal. They said that when we’re still babies, they promised to each other to pair us together. Crazy, right? Does this kind of thing really happen? Or it’s my parents and their friends are really weird to do this?

“What’s wrong? Your frowning face is not fading.”

“I had this dream last night that I don’t remember.” Oh, please! I don’t want to think about it for the rest of my day.

“And?” Sera asked trying to feed her curiousity.

“It’s frustrating. You know what? Let’s forget about it.”

“Hahaha! You seem so frustrated.” She laughs at me! “Ohh…”

We saw a group of 3 girls who looks like they’re bullying the other girl. How do these people messes around with other people who doesn’t know how to fight back and defend themselves? Does doing that kind of thing helps them to look powerful? Poor thing. They noticed us passing by and I know they looked at me.

“Hey!” Oh, no! I don’t want a fight.

“Yeah?” Sera said as we look back at them.

“Not you, Sera.” One of them said. “You, Seojin. What are you looking at, ha?! Do you want to be on Hyerim’s place?” So their victim is Hyerim? She’s our classmate.

“I’m sorry. You’ve got the wrong idea. I did not look—“

“Of course you did.” They look to each other and laughs. “And why do you choose to be with her, Sera? She’s a poor girl. You should be with us. Maybe she’s your secret personal maid?”

“Can you guys stop?!”

“Sera, no. Don’t talk to them.”

“They’re too much! You should tell them who you—“

“No!” I stopped her and focused with the bullies. “Sorry to cause you trouble. We’re leaving.”

“Of course you’ll leave. You’re afraid!” They laugh as if they won a battle. “Bring Hyerim with you, pathetics.” You are the pathetics! Ugh!

They left us there without looking back. Hyerim said she’s sorry for causing trouble. Yet, she’s thankful that we’re there. Those 3 girls are rich and they used Hyerim as their server. They give orders to Hyerim like she should buy their drinks when they’re thirsty. How come she let them do that to her?

“I do that for money. They give me money eveytime I obey them.”

“But that’s not right! They’re rude!” Sera the interviewer attacks.

“I know. But I can handle.”

“Do you really need money that much?”

“No. I just want to earn money so I’ll no longer need to depend on my parents money everytime I need for school projects.” Her answer made me think of myself. She’s like me.

“I have a job in a convinience store. Maybe you’re interested.”

She did not accept my offer because she’s working with their family business. A restaurant. Maybe I can go there and eat sometimes. No wonder why she works for those bullies. She doesn’t have enough time to work outside, that’s why she works for them so that she can study at the same time. But, as far as I can see. Can she really do both when those bully gave commands?

 

I’m walking away from school building when someone calls my name. I look around and saw Hyerim. She’s running towards me.

“Seojin-ssi, I want to thank you again about the incident earlier.”

“It’s nothing.”

“I want to treat you at my parents food house.”

“I want to go, but I can’t. I have a work to attend.”

“Maybe, next time? I really want to treat you.”  By the way she talks, I know she’s shy.

 

The next day. Hyerim approaches us by lunch. Once again, people are watching us and I can see the bullies looking at us. Maybe Hyerim left their group already. Good thing for her. As she reach our place, she placed her paper bag on the table.

“Thank you again for saving me yesterday.”

“Not again.” She keeps on thanking us.

“I’m sorry. I’m just…grateful.” She smiles. “Here’s my gift for you. My parents are good at cooking. Please accept this.” She bowed.

She’s kind of innocent. She have friends who can she eat with so I can’t ask her to join us.

 

“Miss Yang.”

“What?!” I snap. “Are you here to piss me?”

“Kind of?” He chortles.

“I had enough trouble since yesterday. Leave me alone.” I’m about to leave when he grabs my hand.

“Mom’s inviting you tonight.”

He explained everything to me. My parents will be there so I’ve decided to call my driver not to fetch me. Baekhyun drags me to school’s parking because he will be my service today.

“Wait, wait, wait!”  I free my hand from his. “What are you doing?”

“Offering you a ride?”

“Offering? You’re actually dragging me. You didn’t even ask me to go with you.”

“Just get in the car.”

“No!”

“No? Well then…”  He kneeled and started carrying me by his shoulder.

“Put me down!” I started hitting his back. “We should not be seen like this!”

“Students will see us if you keep on shouting.”

“Just put me down!”

“You’re going to run away. So, it’s a no.”

“Seriously?”

“Seriously. Now, shut your mouth, you little brat.”

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!”

 

 

 

A/N: Hello there! I hope you liked the update. I want to make a new story because I have tons of ideas in mind. But I think I’ll ruin my focus in this so I wrote my ideas so I can put it up in here and to my future updates. And thank you for waiting!

I’m currently working on a special gift for you. I’ll tell you when the time comes and when the story here go farther. We should preprare ourselves. Are you going to anticipate my gift? Mehehe. Maybe on my next updates I’ll give you the songs that I listened to. I want to spill some ideas and informations but still, I can’t. Huhuhu. I need to keep my exploding feelings for #BaekSeo.

About Fairtytale Feeling: I started writing last year using notebooks. In my drafts, Seojin is actually a cold one and her schoolmates named her ‘Ice Princess’ but I changed my mind.