장 7

Fairytale Feeling

(On playlist: Cher Lloyd’s Oath, SNSD’s Green Light, and Big Bang’s We like to Party)

I’ve got my one week leave in work because we’re going to have a field trip in school with my batch mates. The goal of this activity is to get exposed with different people since we’re going to college. They’re preparing us to a new kind of environment. Sera calls me every 10 minutes to check if my boss allows me to join the field trip. She already have plans like buying foods so we can have snacks while we’re on the way and clothes that are suitable for different activities. Everyone were excited for this trip.

 

(Exposure Trip)

I’m waiting for Sera outside the school gates. The call time is 6am and it’s already 5:40 and she’s not yet here. I try to call here for the fifth time but she’s not answering. What the hell happened to this girl?

            “Goodmorning, Seojin!”

            “O-oh! Goodmorning, Kyungsoo.”

            “Where’s Sera?”

            “I don’t—“

            “Seojin!” She’s panting. “I-I’m sorry. Hehe. I w-woke up late.”

            “At least you were able to reach the call time.” Kyungsoo said.

            “Why didn’t you answer you phone?”

            “My phone’s inside my bag. You know I have lots of stuff in it and I can’t find it.”

We are now inside the school’s gymnasium. The principal decided to randomly give seats and bus numbers to all students. I can see Sera’s look beside me. All her plans vanished that quickly. My seat is beside the window. This is great! I can enjoy the view.

I was seated beside a guy from class C-4. I don’t know his name and I don’t intend to ask him. Sera’s in another bus so we only talk by texting. But when she can’t express her feelings, she calls me and I can’t even imagine a day without her rants.

            “So there’s this guy and he’s cute!”

             “May I remind you that you have a boyfriend?”

            “Yah! I love my boyfriend.”

            “I know! I’m just reminding you.” She laughs.

            “How about your seatmate? You said it’s a boy.”

            “I don’t find him interesting or attracting.”

            “Tsk! Of course you don’t! I’ll throw a party if you do.”

            “Yah!”

Am I that picky when it comes to boys? I used to like actors. I remember when I wanted to cry and imagined having an actor as my boyfriend. Every time I have time to watch movies or series, I always find the leading man or the supporting actor lovable. Though, their roles only made me love them. When I started falling in love with them, I think my imagination gone wild. I’m far from reality believing that the kind of characters they played can be the kind of man I’m going to be with someday. I’m a certified daydreamer.

 

Our school principal decided to have a stopover so we can buy our lunch and eat it on our way. We’ve been traveling for hours so I felt the urge to pee. Unfortunately, there’s a long line on both restaurants and comfort rooms. Looks like our batch occupies the whole place. I haven’t seen Sera so I can’t call for help. Thanks to one of my classmates for asking if I’m looking for a comfort room. She gave me directions and I thanked her.

We head back to our bus and I immediately plug my earphones and starting to enjoy the view. We’re going to endure sitting here all the way to our destination.

 

“Come on, Seojin! Let’s play outside!”

“I don’t want to run outside. Can’t you see? It’s going to rain.”

“It won’t rain.”

“The news said.”

“No!” The tears starts to well up on his eyes. “I hate you, ugly Seojin!”

“I’m not ugly! You’re a crying baby!”

What a nice dream for me to dream of my little self. I woke up and saw that we’re in the middle of highway. I looked around and the other students were also sleeping. I grab my bag to get snacks for me to fully wake up. My phone doesn’t have any calls and texts from Sera but there’s from my Mom says that I should text her when we arrive to our destination. Of course she’s worried about me. Every time I have to attend fieldtrips, she’s always like this, making sure her daughter’s safe.

 

We arrived safely at Namiseom Island. I heard this is the place where Winter Sonata was filmed. I want to walk along the tree-lined path. Maybe I’ll enjoy it by night. Of course with the moon and stars above me. I can’t wait to see how this place looks like at night.

One of the adviser of our batch called for our attention. They’re giving us our room assignments and our random roommates. Who am I going to end up with? I hope they’re nice.

“Seojin-ssi!”

“Hello, Hyerim!”

“Sera’s one of my roommate. How about you?”

“I don’t know yet. Do you have any idea how many students are going to share a room?”

“I heard there are 4?”

Fortunately I didn’t end up sharing with any of those bullies. I have 2 roommates from A-4 and 1 from C-4. A-4 students were lucky to have a classmate sharing a room. They were nice and we introduced ourselves by our name and sections. One of them ask if I’m Sera’s friend. Speaking of Sera. I haven’t met her since we arrived. I excused my self to my roommates and head out to look for Sera. I spotted her at the hotel’s lobby. She’s busy talking with a group of girls. Hyerim’s not with her, maybe it’s not her roommates?

“Hyerim!” I saw her walking. “Who are those girls with Sera?”

“Uhm.. They’re our roommates.”

“Why are you not with them?”

“They kept on talking about girly stuffs and I don’t think I should be joining their conversation.”

“Do you feel like you’re out of place?”

“Y-yes.”

“It’s okay. I’m here, do you want to grab some snacks or coffee? Or do you prefer milk tea?”

“Are you sure you’re inviting me? How about Sera?” She looked at Sera’s direction.

“Naaah. She have companies. So, let’s go?”

We head at the hotel’s restaurant. I can see lots of students who are ready to have their foods to be eaten. And there’s the Gang. As always, making noise and getting attentions. Chanyeol saw us while we’re in the line. Hyerim looks like she’s shy with the attention we’re now receiving from Chanyeol’s gang. He invited us to share seats with them and I almost refuse when Kyungsoo already have Hyerim’s hand and offered her a seat. That was fast! I introduced her to everyone and they gave her a nice treatment. But for me?

“Wow! Seojin’s not with Sera? What a news.”

“Can you at least leave me alone?”

“You heard her. Let’s go!” He grabs his food and stands.

“You’re really annoying!” I glared at him and he laughs.

“Okay. Stop it, Baekhyun. You’re making her mad.” Junmyeon said. Thanks to him and Baekhyun shut his mouth.

We don’t have activities today but we have a seminar to attend at the function room and they’re going to divide us for game’s groupings. Tomorrow we will start to have games. I hope I’m with my classmate in one of the games.

 

The groupings are randomly given again yesterday. I’m with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. Lucky that I’m not with Baekhyun. He always make my day worst. We are now preparing ourselves for the first game which is a relay. All teams are stretching and I’m here, nervous. I might be one of the reason if we fail. I can’t run fast. I’m the third from five runners. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were next to me. The second runner is also a girl, we’re not supposed to be here! I heard the go sign and my heart’s already running. I think I’m going to pee because of nervousness. Just kidding! But I’m nervous! Our first runner passed the stick to our second runner who’s running towards me. This is it! Be ready!

It feels like I’m going to lose my breath. I’m giving my best to run as fast as I can but I end up hurting my ankle. But this won’t stop me from running. Enduring my aching ankle, I successfully handed the stick to Kyungsoo who runs immediately to Chanyeol. I sat on the floor trying to massage my aching feet while all the people are busy watching the game.

 

A/N: I’m sorry for not updating. I have some stuffs to deal with. One of them is my laptop’s keyboard, some keys are not functioning well. Again, I’m really sorry! I hope you’re not mad at me. Here are my chapter 7 and 8 for you.

I did not pick the songs base on their lyrics/meanings only. Korean songs are mostly chosen because of their tunes. I haven’t searched their translation so I don’t know if the song suits the story. I ! *deep sigh*

I also have stories to recommend. Check on ikonflake’s and reinaadviento’s stories.