nine

Aren't You Tired?

"Yah, Jang Dongwoo, where are you taking me? What's your deal?" Soojung pestered him, trying to shake him off as he blatantly ignored her questions and continued dragging her along. "Let go of me, you !" She shrieked just before Dongwoo pulled her in front of him and let go of her, sending her stumbling as she turned to face him. Exhaling, he put his two large hands on her shoulders and bent down to look at her in the eyes for two long seconds before standing up straight and sighing.

"Alright, fine." Dongwoo said casually. "I let you go." Soojung rolled her eyes.

"What's up with you? Why'd you take me away from them? Can't I do anything without your unnecessary intervention?"

"I took you away from them because they’re no good. Sorted?" He retorted, putting his hands in his pockets and fixing his backpack, beginning to walk away.

"You can't just leave without a full explanation." She remarked under her breath causing Dongwoo to turn around.

"Look, Soojung." He sharply turned to look at her. "If I tell you to not meet someone or not to ask me questions, you do that, okay? I don't want to get hit by more cars or hear that my friend was knocked out unconscious because of you again. I don't want you to talk to the class president. You know how much your little attitude pisses me off... Now, don't ask questions."

"Bu-"

"Yah! Seriously! Don't you have ears? No questions." He ruffled his hair and clenched his jaw. "Now, go meet with your prince." He emphasised the last word with arrogance and he tilted his head to the left, pointing in the direction towards where Myungsoo was standing witnessing everything while sipping from an apple juice box. "Bye, Jung Soojung." Dongwoo finished, saying 'bye' in English. Speechless was the only word that could describe Soojung; she didn't have a good enough comeback to make him stop in his tracks or continue his conversation with her. She sighed, sitting on the floor cross-legged like a little kid.

"Yah, Sagikkun. (Cheater in Korean; 사기꾼)" Myungsoo approached her, tossing a juice box in her lap as he walked in front of her. Sitting down, he stretched his arms and stared at her, pouting when he realised her attention was somewhere else. "Yah." He moved his head around, waving his hands, frowning at her. "Ah, seriously. The one person who met you at a place you weren't supposed to be and you pay attention to that instead?" Myungsoo muttered, still trying to get Soojung's attention as she looked towards the right Cocking his eyebrow, he shifted towards the right of her and moved his face so it was only a centimetre away from hers. Being caught off guard, Soojung suddenly brought her head back as Myungsoo got closer and closer, almost climbing on top of her. It got to a point where she was leaning back at a 135 degree angle with Myungsoo staring at her dead on.

"Next time don't ignore me, okay?" He concluded, getting off of her and taking another sip of his juice box, grinning at her with smiling eyes.

"You're crazy, right?" Soojung hissed, "Look over there at the right." She whispered. Behind a tall fence, she saw the unfamiliar boy from earlier peering at them then shuffling away hastily once he knew he was caught. 

"What? Are you talking about Jonghyun hyung?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. 

"Jonghyun hyung?" Soojung asked, "Who is he?"

"He's Jonghyun and he's my hyung." Myungsoo said in an obvious tone. He flicked her forehead. "Duh."

Soojung looked Myungsoo up and down, deciding it was no use scolding him or asking him for more information seeming as he wouldn't give a clear reply. Myungsoo actually had a brain even though he never tried in class and teasing Soojung was probably his way of saying he didn't want to tell her anything in particular about this 'Jonghyun' character. "So, Jung Soojung," Myungsoo began.

"So, Kim Myungsoo."

"Shut up." Myungsoo said, rolling his eyes then chuckling. "So, what'cha gonna do about On- Jinki framing you? Or are you just going to keep quiet like you do with YaDong."

"?" Soojung gasped, smacking his shoulder. "I don't watch that!"

"Idiot, I'm talking about Hoya and Dongwoo. Hoya and Dongwoo - YaDong." He concluded. "Anyways... are you seriously going to let it slide?"

"Well I wasn't going to until Dong- Wait. How you do know about Jinki framing me? Or Jinki at all?" Soojung suddenly exclaimed.

"Do you seriously think you're the only one who gets at school early? I was there ages ago, I even saw Jinki get into Jinri's locker and tamper with her laptop. All from outside the classroom windows, I even have video proof." He haughtily said.

"Wow." Soojung said sarcastically. "Thanks, Myungsoo, for completely helping me out and telling the teacher he's wrong and showcasing the class evidence showing that the class president did it. Thank you." Soojung paused. "You're such a ."

"Yah, you didn't ask for my input actually, Miss. Soojung. Frankly, it's your fault for not asking me if I didn't know anything about it." He smiled as he saw Soojung get frustrated. "I'm kidding, calm down... Just wait until it's the right time, kid. Then everything will be reveal about Lee Jinki. Every single thing." 

Shrugging, Soojung got up and brushed off the dust from her skirt. "Thanks for the drink, Myungsoo." She shook the box in the air. "I'll treasure it." Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, watching her fix her backpack straps and beginning to walk away from him.

"Are you legitimately pulling a Jang Dongwoo on me?" Myungsoo scoffed - Soojung didn't reply. "Yah, this isn't over! I still have lots to say to you, Jung Soojung!"

"Annyeong!" Soojung shouted, not turning her back.

"Stupid, who said she could be so informal with me?" Myungsoo chuckled once she was far away.

"Yah, student! The school is closed! You shouldn’t be here!" Mr. Shin, a half-witted P.E teacher, suddenly yelled, appearing out of a door twenty metres away. His eyes widening, Myungsoo quickly got up and began running home as the teacher started yelling at him to stay where he was.